WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

NOTE: Because this map involves redrawn Sea Zones, it is not compatible with saved games using older versions of the map. I recommend finishing your current saved games before downloading.

I’m happy to announce that this isn’t the case.

I updated the map and it works fine in my on-going game with @aequitas-et-veritas.

Good work! :)

• My second game. This time with Andrew.

• @trulpen Thanks Trulpen. . . Adam and I had some trouble last night when we were playing an older saved game against two other guys in the lobby. . . I assumed it was because of the new version, but maybe not!

I’ll edit the post to remove the warning.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

ICs cannot be built on islands, same rule as G40.

Manilla, Sumatra, Java, Borneo are no longer islands under the G40 definition.

Regarding Canada, I really hate the part that the income becomes lost to the allies in the event of a Sea Lion. Weakens the allies certainly.

Regarding paratroopers, there are some maps with “air_transport” carrying a special infantry. These things work but you require edit mode and/or player enforced rules under some circumstances.

Regarding Sicily<->Rome I would have thought that weakens Italy too much and it lacks logic to be able to walk across the water without a transport. Yes, that applies Eire-Scotland but the effect on game play is minimal.

Sorry about the delayed reaction.

• @simon33 the decision to attach Sicily to Italy was so that it might serve as a viable staging ground for an invasion of Southern Europe, which it was historically, but is rarely in Global 1940.

For what its worth, in dozens of games, this option has only been used once or twice, that I have seen. So it doesn’t seem OP.

Regarding islands, the rule is simple: if it’s an island you can’t build a factory there. Japan and UK are the obvious exceptions.

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Regarding islands, the rule is simple: if it’s an island you can’t build a factory there. Japan and UK are the obvious exceptions.

Obviously it isn’t simple. Has the definition of Islands changed since G40? I note that you can’t build an IC on Sumatra. Why not? It isn’t an island.

• @simon33 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

@regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Obviously it isn’t simple. Has the definition of Islands changed since G40? I note that you can’t build an IC on Sumatra. Why not? It isn’t an island.

"Islands

An island or island group is a single territory surrounded entirely by one or more sea zones. A sea zone can contain at most one island or island group, which is considered one territory. It’s not possible to split up land-based units so that they are on different islands in the same group. Islands that have no name label, such as the one in sea zone 1, are not game spaces and may not have units moved onto them."

• But this does make some of the islands rather fishy, since they break this rule by occupying the same sea zone (just my impression, haven’t checked the map).

“A sea zone can contain at most one island or island group, which is considered one territory.”

• '19 '17 '16

Oops!

So my comment only applies to Manilla? I was sure that a single territory with more than one sea zone bordering it was not an island.

Sorry about that.

Still the same Q about Manilla though. Does that require a special note that it is an exception to the island rule or should you be able to build in that territory?

• '19 '17 '16

@surfer said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

@simon33 Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what the Xmx and Xms options mean, but I doubled the memory allocated to each and the game does seem to scroll along much nicer.

-Xmx means maximum memory and -Xms means minimum memory for a certain type of memory (Java heap space). Not sure why “s” means minimum; small perhaps.

• @simon33 so the answer is: you cannot build a factory on Manilla, because doing so would be building a factory on an island.

Moving beyond the intuitive to the explicit, the rule can be stated this way:

Any grouping of fewer than three contiguous land territories that is surrounded by water constitutes an “Island” for factory-buiding purposes.

This statement of the rule has the benefit of requiring no exceptions, since both UK and Japan are part of three contiguous land territories, surrounded by water. Phillipines, being just two contiguous land territories (Davoa and Manilla) constitutes an island and therefore cannot support factory construction.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok. Probably should be something added to the notes for that.

• @simon33 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Ok. Probably should be something added to the notes for that.

Since it’s a rule change, I’d say it’s called for.

• @trulpen will add to the next update!

• Hey guys. Adam brought something to my attention that I just fixed. An AA gun was inadvertantly removed from United Kingdom (it should have four, not three, AA guns at the start). I updated the map to reflect this change, so if you download it now it will have the correct number of AA guns.

If you are using the older version, you should definitely add an AA gun to UK before beginning, because that was not an intended change. Thanks!

• Was the man on Borneo an intended addition?

• '19 '17

@gamerman01 Yes it is.

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Hehe, you’re so fast I didn’t get a chance to delete that dumb question. I now see men on other islands added as well -

anyway, thanks Adam!

• @regularkid ,@Adam514 when you scroll down in the objetive panel, I realized that the VC marker aus missing.
    Is that intentionell?
    I liked it as a tool to confirm if I have reached the VC goal.
    Are you planning on bringing it back up?

• hey @aequitas-et-veritas. Yah that was removed from the objectives panel because it is actually inaccurate in GLobal BM. The reason it is inaccurate is because the victory conditions change for Axis depending on whether Berlin or Tokyo are allied controlled. In BM, Japan requires an extra VC if Berlin is allied controlled, and Germany requires an extra VC if Japan is allied controlled. That is true in PTV as well (see game notes)

So since it is inaccurately reflected in BM, we removed it, the thinking being that people can track their VCs easily enough in the Players tab.

But if there is high demand for it to be added to the PTV objectives panel, we will put in the work do so, and will fix it in BM as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m