WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread

• @trulpen said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Russia does enjoy getting siberian territory liberated by i e US at times.

Oh, sure, I could imagine that - could allow USA to liberate Russian territories but not noncombat move into them? Easy solution

• Yes, a plethora of interesting options now. :)

• Again, I understand if all those suggestions are shrugged off by the team - but with rules like Italy not being able to spearhead into Russia and Russia not allowed to enter China without state of war with Japan, and Russia not allowed into places like India without war with Japan, that maybe this would be in the same spirit. We’ve come a long way from the first A&A game where Russia was absolutely doomed fast without US and British fighters swarming in. Shoot, my real dream is that no allied units are allowed in Russia, period.

• And as to your great point about USA liberating far east Russia… maybe more incentive for those Russians to stay put and watch their post if USA isn’t allowed to come bail them out!

• Wait… isn’t that another disincentive for Japan to declare war on Russia? That USA can then possibly use Russian territories for staging and landing? So even without lend-lease doubling as per BM3, there is actually more than the 8 Mongolian infantry to make Japan think twice, right? And it also allows Russia to enter China… And from Russia’s perspective, their penalty for declaring war is they won’t get the 8 Mongolian infantry and Japan can start invading without penalty…

Sorry for all the posts if they’re not appreciated - honestly, I’m just playing my first game of BM3 right now. But I have so much experience before BM3 I thought my opinion might still be worth putting out there…

I still vote for keeping the BM3 rules for doubling lend-lease. Japan is probably taking Amur, so the NO is potentially up from 6 to 8, plus loss of Amur is a 2 IPC swing and Siberia is a 4 IPC swing and any other territories are 2 IPC swing - whoa, doubling the lend-lease in PTV doesn’t seem like a very stiff penalty actually. Maybe consider the old rule that Japan or Russia collects 12 IPC’s if war is declared on them by the other. Or some other number. Keeps it simple, like you’ve done with taking away the Mongolia border rule thing, and makes an immediate impact either way, as opposed to the double NO thing that the Axis can manage (like if Archangel and Persia routes are both blocked, then there is no penalty at all). So all this to say maybe you don’t want to bring back the lend-lease doubling thing, which some people didn’t like anyway, and you add a simple and easy rule (the 12 IPC penalty is a good example) and please both the people that wanted that double lend-lease thing gone, and also the people who want to see Japan and Russia a little more discouraged from declaring war??? Gamer out ;)

• As it stands J has plenty of good reasons not to DOW on Russia (the main one being occupied elsewhere), but it’s not really the other way around (especially with J being occupied elsewhere). Despite what gamer brought forth.

I would consider J leaving a stack of units up by Korea only to avoid a soviet intrusion to be bad play. Therefore the present solution does unfortunately not really do its job.

A PR-touch on the issue of land-lease could be that if Russia DOWs on J before say turn 5 (when Axis megalomania should be evident), then they will permanently lose all their land-leases, and a JDOW would mean Russia gets the sympathy from the world and the active land-leases are doubled. That’s kind of neat.

I also like it much better that there are objectives to fight for rather than a one-time boost whether units or IPC. So among those suggestions I’d still favour the NO-solution.

Hell, we can write a book about this!

Land Lease: A stroke of genius.

• If Russia keeps 12-18 inf in the east, they can easily contest Amur. J can however then put a sub in z5 to block the NO.

Ok, this is last part is for another thread (namely feedback for BM3), but I think a good change would be that Russia not only has to DOW in order to go into Korea after a US-landing, but that soviet prescence in originally owned japanese territories bordering Mongolia should also put the defence pact out of play.

Hey, Trulpen, both BM and PTV already restrict Russian movement in Asia when not at war with Japn. The rule is that Russia may not move its units anywhere east of Baluchistan (Eastern Persia in BM) unless it is at war with Japan. That would include all of China.

• Regarding the penalties for Japan’s DOW on Russia (and vice versa), we’ll likely wait to see how things play out in further playtesting before making any further.

Things I will personally look for: how frequently and how early Japan and Russia declare war, and the most common outcome of that conflict. If it appears that an early JOW of Russia by Japan (or vice versa) becomes the “routine” move in most games, I think we will definitely look at making changes (including, possibly, reverting back to the lend lease incentive).

But since it doesn’t seem to be a problem so far, we’ll hold off.

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Regarding the penalties for Japan’s DOW on Russia (and vice versa), we’ll likely wait to see how things play out in further playtesting before making any further.

Things I will personally look for: how frequently and how early Japan and Russia declare war, and the most common outcome of that conflict. If it appears that an early JOW of Russia by Japan (or vice versa) becomes the “routine” move in most games, I think we will definitely look at making changes (including, possibly, reverting back to the lend lease incentive).

But since it doesn’t seem to be a problem so far, we’ll hold off.

Not a problem, just less entertaining.

The restriction of movement I’m aware of, so it’s not applicable here in P2V. That comment was for BM3, where Russia can keep a stack waiting for a US-landing in Korea. Then RDOW and ruskijs enter. My point was that if Russia moves into either Korea or Manchuria the Soviet-Mongolian Defence Pact should terminate as well.

• Allied units entering Russian ground while Capitol (Mosow) is still under russian control will change/ transform imnediately into russian units.
    Problem solved for BM and PtV.

Hey Guys, just ask…😉😄

• @trulpen oh I see now. I misunderstood. And yes your idea makes some logical sense for BM3. Of course in PTV it’s a nonissue cuz the mere Dow cancels Russia’s Mongolia boost. Gotcha.

• @aequitas-et-veritas I think there is a game mechanic like that in total world war. Except it is confined to allied units that move into archangel I think. Interesting idea

• @aequitas-et-veritas said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Allied units entering Russian ground while Capitol (Mosow) is still under russian control will change/ transform imnediately into russian units.
    Problem solved for BM and PtV.

Hey Guys, just ask…😉😄

I’m sure that can be exploited. For instance it would have the effect that such land units can move two times before J. Spontaneously not so keen on that solution.

• I also want to add that I really like the change that strategic bombers cost 12 but has a hit probability of 1-3. They of course still got great range, but now I feel they’re more focused on SBR than an overall threat wall.

• '22

I admire the effort you have made to create this board :)

I’m still practicing BM3 but I can’t wait to try this version too.

I also want to add that I really like the change that strategic bombers cost 12 but has a hit probability of 1-3. They of course still got great range, but now I feel they’re more focused on SBR than an overall threat wall.

Totally agree

The first version in the 80’s had nuclear weapons… you could get multiple techs in the same turn if you rolled more than one 6, and the 6th tech was… heavy bombers. 3 dice per bomber and you could score 3 hits per bomber. And when you did SBR, it directly destroyed their cash on hand. (They did cost 15, though, which would be half of the UK’s starting economy!) I just had to share that since you told me you’ve been playing A&A for just a year or two :) :)

• BUT - when a transport could only take 2 infantry OR a tank, and cost 8 IPC’s, you kind of needed the heavies to take down a huge stack on Japan at the end.

• @gamerman01 I’m seeing an illegal state exception. Image Not Found:flags/Neutral_fade.png when i load the game now. Anyone else see this? Using latest triplea

• '19 '17 '16

@aagamerz13 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

@gamerman01 I’m seeing an illegal state exception. Image Not Found:flags/Neutral_fade.png when i load the game now. Anyone else see this? Using latest triplea

Perhaps the map package has been corrupted somehow. Lack of disk space???

Back to topic, has a level of bid been established yet?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m