WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread

• '19 '17 '16

One change I’m not sure about is increasing the price of Mechs from 4 to 5. I didn’t really think Mechs were over powered at 4IPC cost. Is there really much point in buying them when for 1IPC more you can have a tank?

• @simon33 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

One change I’m not sure about is increasing the price of Mechs from 4 to 5. I didn’t really think Mechs were over powered at 4IPC cost. Is there really much point in buying them when for 1IPC more you can have a tank?

Definitely. They defend as good as tanks and attack with one less when combined. Think the cost-difference reflects that. They’re still cheaper and hence protect the more expensive unit, while having pretty good fire-power in itself. I’m sure they crunched the numbers thoroughly. I like the change.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm, maybe I should reserve judgement.

• '19 '17

@simon33 Mech tank combo defeats pure tanks on attack and on defense for a given PU value.

• '20 '19

Screenshot (4).png

Here’s something different…check out the 2 French fighters in London! :smile:

• @wizmark haha very nice. wonder how that happened.

Also, click “View” and “Change Map Font and Color.” I put my font at size 18. Your eyes will thank you!

• '20 '19

@regularkid Pejon 88 made an underpowered attack into normandy, which i scrambled to, the land units killed each other and the plane had to land in normandy. 1 quick escape to Blighty on the french turn, and we now have double the amount of garlic munchers over here…a mixed blessing I suppose…:grinning: :grinning:

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

I thought the same as you about the mech, Simon, but I didn’t realize they defended on a 3 when they are with a tank. It’s definitely a change, along with Strat bombers attacking on a 3 and carrier planes being able to defend land and neighboring sea zones. I’m still playing my first PtV game so am also trying to reserve judgment. When you’re so used to the old way, these significant changes take some getting used to.

The mech change does succeed in reducing the amount of mech (but not eliminating) and increasing the number of tanks in the game again, and I think that’s a good thing. They wanted to reduce the cheesy numerous fast cannon fodder mech were at 4, I believe. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a good idea to double all the IPC values of everything so that we could fine tune the values a little more on certain territories and units. Then mech could be 9 (not 8 or 10), effectively a 4 and a 1/2. If PtV isn’t finalized yet, maybe this is something to consider? Obviously a departure from all past A&A (goodbye 3 IPC infantry), but so is a lot of other things you guys have done here, so why not? :)

• Oh, and I don’t mean doubling all the values just because of the mech. I think it would allow you to fine-tune the values of various territories, NO’s, as well as certain unit costs. Could be a very beautiful thing.

• There’s another way, maybe. You can have a cost of i e 4,5 always rounded up. When buying two you get them for 9. Buying one would cost 5.

• '20 '19

@regularkid hey guys…quick question…Im playing a game trying to attack a lone tt with a dd in celebes surrounded by carriers…the new version of the game states that a combat unit is needed for a carrier adjacent scramble but when i attack it gives the scramble option. Back on pg 7 of this thread you seemed to give the impression this wouldnt be the case in the new version. Any ideas on which is right?

• '19 '17

@wizmark Game will give the option to scramble, but if you’re playing the newest version you aren’t allowed to scramble unless there are surface warships defending the sea zone.

• '20 '19

@Adam514 we are playing version 4.0…just tested in offline mode…the anzac dd went to celebes to attack an undefended tt, the scrambles came up and both planes scrambled into the combat. I guess i can just choose the no scramble option to move on but wanted to check which option is ‘correct’!

• '19 '17

@wizmark You must choose no.

• There is an error where it is forcing me to go through manch to attack korea instead of directly from the seazone below korea and manch. This adds an extra movement to the planes. Is this a known issue?

• '20 '16

@Adam514 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

@wizmark Game will give the option to scramble, but if you’re playing the newest version you aren’t allowed to scramble unless there are surface warships defending the sea zone.

Will this be fixed in the next version, or something all players have to be aware of? This is the first time I can remember hearing about it, by the way.

• @CaptainNapalm hey Captain, it’s a player enforced rule per Game Notes. Unfortunately, there is no way I am aware of to make it a game enforced rule.

• @regularkid What about tech? It doesn’t appear to be working. I know we played a game and realized the option for airborne forces never came up after a player had developed it. I’m pretty sure something wierd is going on with jets as well. The image of the fighter on the board does not change. Super subs dont get strips, etc. Thanks. Love the map/

3def3ab5-ee25-4d71-915e-3d5fa1414bcc-image.png

d397427f-723a-44f4-82fe-b2ef3bce6ab6-image.png

• @loki17 hey Loki, we imported the tech code straight from BM3 with the expectation of possible future development, but the map has not been tested for tech. Thanks for bringing the issues to our attention.

There has been alot of discussion on this and other threads regarding what form an eventual tech tree might take, and we want to nail that down before we do any further work on the tech component. Glad you like the map, and if you have any thoughts on what you’d like to see a tech tree to include, please do share thanks.

• @regularkid

Ill sign up for a year on the nerdherd group $10/month option str8 away if you fix tech and an an options to develop tech on both charts at the same time, get multiple techs on the same turn, keep tokens on both charts. Thanks again

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m