• Some of you guys have talked about buying a “case” at a time.  How many booster packs are included in a case and if any of you buy in Canadian dollars, what has this worked out to per box.

I understand with a case there is a reasonable chance of getting a broader range of the rares.

• Founder TripleA Admin

There are 12 boosters in a case. Online, I pay $109 USD plus shipping for a case.

Set 1: no repeats of rares
    Set 2: two repeats of rares
    Set 3: no repeats of rares

I generally get a case and one half. A full case from an online retailer and a half case from my FLGS (friendly local game shop).

• Buying by case is a very good idea if you can afford; WotC seeds by case. You aren’t guaranteed you’ll have perfect distribution but out of the last dozen cases I’ve seen only two had less than optimal distribution, and even then it wasn’t terrible.

The other major thing about being seeded by case is you occasionally find errors; I had a Pershing that came with a Chi-Ro card, and a Chi-Ro that came with the Pershing card in the same case, but different boosters.  Again this isn’t the norm, but it does happen.

I’ve found with cases you generally get 12/15 of the rares, though sometimes a double sneaks in, 2-3 of each uncommon, and 4 of every common. I don’t know if this holds true for Set I as I bought it buy case (hence over a platoon of Tigers, but only a single Panzer II :()

As for the cost it all depends where/how you get it. Some decent deals can be found online, just as long as you make sure they don’t gouge you on shipping. If buying at the FLGS it somewhat depends on just how far you are away from the closest major city…  around where I am they cost up to 165$  :x, but once you get into Toronto it drops substantially. I’d say about CD$ 125+Shipping is the range you want to look for… I wouldn’t go for too much more than 150 total.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m