Anyone seen a Allied Strategy like this? ...

• … Russia First turn purchase 2 fighters, Brit 1st and 2nd turn purchase 3 fighters (each turn), American first turn 4 fighters?

I am hoping my Infantry heavy buys and slow infantry push will win out. Seeing so many fighters on the board can be a bit anxiety inducing. Russia 2nd turn all tanks, America 2nd turn 3 fighters and a destroyer. Crazy train

• @Brian-Cannon vs “slow infantry” your opponent has time to invest in fighters. Switch to Mechs and rush in before there are is any cheap fodder to soak up the inevitable hits you will score

• @erinmores I still have every one of the tanks plus a couple that Germany starts with. My thought is the fighters will hurt but he has very little fodder. He just lost two Russian fighters sinking my Med Battleship. Tanks will come but I still have German bomber, and all German fighters, so am I building up a horde of infantry. His last turn he bought all infantry for Russia.

• @Brian-Cannon Are u playing G40? Russia should be focused on D. If you are in G40 and building infantry, as an Allies defender, I luv it. Very slow, very little punch, Russia can be well prepared for the onslaught ages in advance.

• 1942 online on Steam

• e35969ca-a53e-40ab-9a8f-2ab476e94d00-image.png

• @erinmores This is the " Axis & Allies 1942 Online " forum category. :smirk:

• '12

@Brian-Cannon don’t be -too- scared of fighters. For the 10 IPC cost of the fighter you can buy 2 INF + ART which will defeat the fighter at 98% odds while the fighter has 2% of winning an attack. If you push fodder units while your opponent pushes high-quality units too early you should win. Any player spending all their income on high-end units is disadvantaged against one buying mostly or all fodder.

Honestly if I saw an Allied first-turn purchase like this I would probably immediately assume I would win as the Axis (maybe making me cocky enough to make a mistake, which could happen). The only thing Russia will do with the fighters is trade territory with Germany but they will quickly run out of fodder. Maybe the extra defense will help them hold Moscow a few turns longer- so what? Just take everything else and start doing SBR on Moscow when Russia is down to 8 income.

Something that might make this buy useful for the Allies is if the point of these fighters is to be placed on carriers purchased round 2. It might be a viable strategy to place 4 fighters E USA to have them land on UK carriers dropped in SZ 7 turn 2 but as I understand it A&AO doesn’t correctly implement this rule. In this case these fighters would either have to start a shuck going through Greenland->London or the US would build carriers for SZ 11 so that newly made fighters can get to London in 1 move after being directly produced in SZ 11. With US fighters building up in London the Germans won’t be able to maintain a fleet in the Baltic for long if they are trying, and the US planes can land to defend any territory taken by the UK in Europe on their turn. Keeping behind enough units to recapture territories held by air -might- be enough to save Russia, but what is Japan doing all this time? This sounds like a plan designed for a very fast KGF so India should fall by J3/4. If Japan has been sending units to Yunnan every turn it will be able to take India with a combined attack of land units by sea + walk from Burma and its carrier-based air which will crush any defense of India that is just mostly air. Plus if Japan is willing to sacrifice its transports you can leave its navy in SZ 61 to keep having a standoff with any US forces camped at the Solomons, but even if the whole navy goes in to India you can still counterattack any US invasion of Borneo.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m