• 2007 AAR League

Can I turn off notifications for a forum thread that I posted in?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I think at the bottom of your last post next to the blue reply is a not watching. If u click on that it gives an ignore option. That might work but I’ve never tried it

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

On the bottom of posts, often the first and last posts of a thread, is a count of posts in the thread, views of the thread, a blue “reply” button, a “Mark unread” button, another button, and a “Sort by” button.

That “another” button is the one you need to change. It has three options: watching, not watching, and ignoring. Watching will email you if the thread changes. Not watching won’t email you about changes in the thread but will show up on the list of threads with unread posts when you come back. Ignoring a thread will not email you about it and won’t tell you about the new posts in the thread when you come back.

I use Watching when I need to know, Not Watching when it can wait, and Ignoring for posts I don’t care about (normally new PbF games). You just need to choose the right one. If you’re getting emails about changes to a post you can about but don’t need email about, try changing “Watching” to “Not Watching”.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m