• New to the game here, like brand new.

I have a question about the use of 3 battleships in an amphibious assault/bombardment. Let’s say I plan an amphibious assault and move 3 battleships and a transport into a hostile sea zone with 1 hostile battleship. So I have 3 battleships vs 1 hostile battleship. On my combat roll my 1st and 2nd battleship hit the enemy’s ship and then on the defender strike they miss. I know that once I sink the enemy ship my transport can unload but can my 3rd battleship that was on the combat strip but did not roll during combat help with bombardment?

Thanks for any help.

• @RYNO87 Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Offshore Bombardment is not part of the 1941 ruleset. Are you maybe mixing up game editions?

A 1941 scenario is part of the Anniversary Edition ruleset. There Offshore Bombardment is part of the game.
    In that case the sea battle blocks offshore bombardment. Or in other words: Offshore Bombardment is only possible if there has not been a sea battle prior to the landing.

Please indicate the game edition - and I will move the thread to the correct forum category, if needed.

• @Panther said in Amphibious Assault/Bombardment:

at case the sea battle blocks offshore bombardment. Or in other words: Offshore Bombardment is only possible if there has not been a sea battle prior to the landing.
    Please indicate the game edition

Thanks! I must be getting them confused but thank you for clarifying-

• @RYNO87 You are welcome.

I have moved the topic from “1941”-edition to “Anniversary Edition”.

• Panther is correct. It does not matter if you rolled for the battleship or not, it was involved in a combat and therefore cannot conduct a bombardment.

• Just to avoid confusion: In the 1941 game edition (entry level game edition) Offshore Bombardment is NOT part of the ruleset.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m