Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Its a good build, but I would also consider building a sub, transport, and inf.

The move with the subs is good but only if you can take out his destroyers after. He doesn’t need destroyers in 35 for a turn because you don’t have US subs that can hit him there.

So I would only suggest doing it if you are going to be able move the fleet in such a way that those subs are in range of your US or ANZAC air. And that might be difficult to do in both the South and the North.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Since it is the ANZAC move, there is no way to reposition the fleet safely. I would agree that the subs did their job and should look to be protected in SZ 18, 21 or 22 (1 sub each).

I also like getting a transport in the south to allow more pressure on DEI. But you have 2 US trans + 1 ANZAC already in Caroline Is to possibly attack Java and Celebes. The new trans in NSW would only be able to attack Java, so nothing immediately gained. Perhaps a ftr is better since you have US carriers coming without ftrs.

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 fighter and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC
            ANZAC creates battle in territory 19 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Johnston Island to 30 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 30 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            2 fighters moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            2 submarines moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
            1 destroyer moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Ok, final position.

Getting the aussie subs to safety as well. Sad end of convoy disruption missions.

I’m happy with the purchase, since I feel the fleet is in more need of a fig than a tr at this time.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Germany 5: Is my capital safe? Well, as long as there is enough to defend against a UK attack of 3 infantry, 1 mechanized infantry and 5 fighters Berlin is safe.

Strategy: 1) Need to assist Italy in pushing the Allies off of the Continent. 2) Grab the money from the oil rich Russian south. 3) Keep in mind turtling Russia. 4) Have the Luftwaffe in place to sink the UK Med Fleet if they kill the Italian fleet.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 6

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 3x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 63 PUs; 
            Germans buy 4 artilleries, 5 infantry and 8 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Karelia to Finland
            2 infantry moved from Vyborg to Finland
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Finland
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 armour moved from Rostov to Tambov
                  Germans take Tambov from Russians
            1 armour moved from Tambov to Volgograd
            1 infantry moved from Rostov to Caucasus
            4 armour and 5 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Caucasus
            1 armour moved from Rostov to Caucasus
            5 artilleries and 26 infantry moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            5 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Caucasus
            5 armour moved from Rostov to Caucasus
            4 armour and 7 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Volgograd

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Caucasus
                Germans attack with 10 armour, 1 infantry and 10 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 10 armour, 1 infantry and 10 mech_infantrys in Caucasus, round 2 : 9/21 hits, 6.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Caucasus
                Germans win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 10 armour and 10 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Volgograd
                Germans attack with 5 armour, 5 artilleries, 26 infantry and 7 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 5 armour, 5 artilleries, 26 infantry and 7 mech_infantrys in Volgograd, round 2 : 9/43 hits, 10.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Volgograd
                Germans win, taking Volgograd from Russians with 5 armour, 5 artilleries, 25 infantry and 7 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 2 infantry
            Battle in Finland
                Germans attack with 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Finland, round 2 : 4/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the British lost in Finland
                Germans win, taking Finland from British with 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 5/8 hits, 3.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Holland Belgium
                Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from British with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to Germany
            2 fighters moved from Eastern Poland to Germany
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Finland to Vyborg
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Vyborg
            1 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Novgorod
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Rostov
            2 bombers moved from Rostov to Western Germany
            5 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Rostov
            1 mech_infantry moved from Belarus to Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
            12 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Western Germany
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Germany

Place Units - Germans
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            7 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            3 artilleries placed in Ukraine
            3 infantry placed in Novgorod

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 50 PUs; end with 50 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 55 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 65 PUs

Germans : 4.33
    British : 0.00
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 6

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 7 artilleries; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Ethiopia to Italian Somaliland
                  Russians take Italian Somaliland from Italians
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                  Russians take Bryansk from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov
                  Russians take Tambov from Germans

Combat - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Archangel
            2 infantry moved from Dzavhan to Yenisey
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Kazakhstan
            1 aaGun, 4 artilleries, 34 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Vologda to Russia
            26 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov
            1 infantry moved from Timguska to Novosibirsk
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov
            2 aaGuns moved from Russia to Tambov
            2 aaGuns and 1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            4 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            1 submarine moved from 105 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone

Place Units - Russians
            7 artilleries placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 18 PUs; end with 18 PUs
            Objective Russians 2 Spread Of Communism: Russians met a national objective for an additional 9 PUs; end with 27 PUs

Savegame

• Ok, suggested turn for the soviets.

Now I believe 7 art is a good build.

Was considering stacking in Samara, but like the more aggressive stance in Tambov better. Still want to have inf in Volgda do counter a northern push and contesting Archangel. Samara has the benifit of guarding Kazakhstan and the east territories.

Consider 4 inf in Samara to be safe against 2 italian tanks (+90 %). The sb is gone to other pastures in north Africa, so that’s nice not to have to count that one in.

Actually, when looking at it again, I might reconsider. Only need 1 inf in Samara if Moscow is safe-guarded by foreign air. Needs 2 extra figs.

I had a plan though to evacuate the foreign air this turn in order to boost Russia’s economy further.

The Tambov stack has 60 % on defence. It’s not the capital, so I think it’s ok. If G goes for it, the clash will for sure be very costly, even with good dice, and that should be the end of the Barbarossa-expedition.

The sub goes to z92, where I plan that we plant some nice fleet while still keeping z110 safe.

• Of course, if italy does punch through in Samara they also need to take the territory. If they do and no foreign air is in Moscow, G will have slightly better than a 50/50 battle there. There is risk, but I consider it to be infinitesimal.

• One good point of stacking in Samara is that more inf will be gathered for a move into Tambov next turn. I’m thinking though that the inf in Vologda is pretty flexible, reaching out to Archangel, Moscow and Samara.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I like Russia’s stance. I think this is a good plan. One option is to stack Samara larger vice Vologda. The US will put pressure in the North and the Russian forces won’t be big enough or fast enough to really threaten Novogorod. A few guys (5ish) in Vologda to trade for Archangel pulls some of G strength from attacking Scandinavia during the trades. And allows you to concentrate on defending east and south.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I think this is fine. I might still mix in a few inf to increase the Soviet build but 7 art should be fine.

You can decide on the Fr fighter after the Italy turn so you will know if it needs to stay. I get 30% odds for him if the fighter stays.

Tambov is better than Samara if it is an option It does looks 55-45 in his favour. I don’t think those are odds he would take but those aren’t odds I would risk if I could avoid it too.

• If you can keep Moscow and tambov safe, I would wonder if you even need a blocker in Samara or Kazakhstan. Samara is fine in that if he attacks you can counter. And he doesn’t have any air that can reach in any case so he has to commit more land. But Kazakhstan seems to just be a sacrifice.You might trade for an Italian tank if he decides to go East with the Fast movers, but the chance is low.

• Moscow is not safe if Italy takes Samara, unless some UK-figs fly in. G then has 7 mech, 5 tank, 2 sb.

I’m mulling over what’s best here; to be on the offense in Tambov, but at the same time bordering the edge, or more safely just stack up in Samara keeping the back-yard safe and consolidating forces.

I’m starting to lean towards the latter. The 5 IPC earned from evacuating all foreign air would be sweet. And that air can find better use elsewhere as well.

That would mean less blockers and securing Moscow with land. The 4 mech will come to very good use with that task.

• For China’s sake I don’t want to allow Axis to just blow through east, but 1 inf will be an ok sacrifice. Well, a blocker really.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 6

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 7 artilleries; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Ethiopia to Italian Somaliland
                  Russians take Italian Somaliland from Italians
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                  Russians take Bryansk from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov
                  Russians take Tambov from Germans

Combat - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Archangel
            2 infantry moved from Dzavhan to Yenisey
            1 submarine moved from 105 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Kazakhstan
            1 aaGun moved from Vologda to Russia
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            3 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            1 aaGun moved from Samara to Russia
            1 aaGun moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            1 aaGun moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            21 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            9 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Russia
            1 infantry moved from Timguska to Novosibirsk
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Samara

Place Units - Russians
            7 artilleries placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 18 PUs; end with 18 PUs
            Objective Russians 2 Spread Of Communism: Russians met a national objective for an additional 9 PUs; end with 27 PUs

Savegame

• Ok, this is the alternative approach. Waiting a bit before finalizing it.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I like the other play better. You limit G moves. But this does defend against eastward expansion from G. I guess I don’t like this because it allows him to pivot back to Bryansk.

But here’s a learning opportunity for me: I really don’t think any move by Russia will really matter as long as a) protect capital, b) don’t get caught too far from capital I can’t get back – since pretty much everyone was already in Moscow, this is a non-issue. We can attempt to threaten some German stack (Volgograd looks good because of relative size + IPC bonus), but that’s all it really will be. We can’t attack Volgograd (or anywhere in force) or G will just use the mobile forces to go around and drive to Moscow.
    Thus, just make an idle threat somewhere…

Continuing this, next round is where it would be interesting because you have to think how you can safely move 2 spots away from Moscow. That’s why I like Tambov more than Samara because none of the mobile units would be able to go around the “other side” of Moscow from the stack.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

…would NOT be able to go around…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

shameless bump to get post #1000
    Congrats everyone for all the contributions

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m