Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• Forgot to move the bs to z33. Now it’s finalized.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Looks good.

I’d be a bit nervous about NWP since it looks to me that he has enough to take and hold it if he commits the Japanese air as well. I don’t think you need the inf there and that inf is better conserved for attacking NWP after. You don’t need much to shift the scales on NWP. And I don’t think you need to protect Alex. Or at least you don’t need so much. That fighter and mech are better to have to support a counter on NWP. I might be wrong that NWP is, if safe, a good move for him. It does allow the Soviets to push back and pulls units away from Japan. But I would be nervous about him getting Persia and Iraq out of this.

He also can possibly destroy that fleet, but it requires him to commit the Italian fleet and then risk German air.

I also don’t think you need to keep air in Norway to protect it. Any attack by him risks trading his air against your land units. With two air there, that battle is not certain for him and even if he wins, he on average loses out on TUV. And although I don’t see him attacking Moscow, I prefer to keep those odds lower. And you get another fighter to support a counter on NWP. One option here if you want to do both is to keep a UK fighter and send a FR fighter back.

It might still have been early to do the Navy build in 80. But just to explain stacking Yunnan. He either attacks India by sea, or through Burma. If China can threaten land units in Burma he can’t go that route so he has to go by sea. The fleet in 80 means that in order to use transports he has to move enough fleet to protect them. That pulls fleet away from the Pacific and means that the US can threaten more there.

• @farmboy said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Looks good.

I’d be a bit nervous about NWP since it looks to me that he has enough to take and hold it if he commits the Japanese air as well. I don’t think you need the inf there and that inf is better conserved for attacking NWP after. You don’t need much to shift the scales on NWP. And I don’t think you need to protect Alex. Or at least you don’t need so much. That fighter and mech are better to have to support a counter on NWP. I might be wrong that NWP is, if safe, a good move for him. It does allow the Soviets to push back and pulls units away from Japan. But I would be nervous about him getting Persia and Iraq out of this.

He also can possibly destroy that fleet, but it requires him to commit the Italian fleet and then risk German air.

I also don’t think you need to keep air in Norway to protect it. Any attack by him risks trading his air against your land units. With two air there, that battle is not certain for him and even if he wins, he on average loses out on TUV. And although I don’t see him attacking Moscow, I prefer to keep those odds lower. And you get another fighter to support a counter on NWP. One option here if you want to do both is to keep a UK fighter and send a FR fighter back.

It might still have been early to do the Navy build in 80. But just to explain stacking Yunnan. He either attacks India by sea, or through Burma. If China can threaten land units in Burma he can’t go that route so he has to go by sea. The fleet in 80 means that in order to use transports he has to move enough fleet to protect them. That pulls fleet away from the Pacific and means that the US can threaten more there.

I’ll look again, but when I checked NWP looked like a crushing battle (like 90 %) if G went there. Maybe the two sb turn the tide? W India is safe, so perhaps put all 4 inf in Persia then?

After your explanation I understand the logic of Yunnan. I’ll have to think about that one. It’s good if J is committed to using fleet only for Calcutta. At the same time the fleet in z39 is safe now versus the UK-air. Would’ve been very different with navy in z80.

If J goes to Burma with the small stack, perhaps it’s an idea to go down to Yunnan first then? It means the units either has to make a stand in Calcutta and likely be obliterated or that they have to simply retreat to Shan state. For this to be feasible, UK needs enough power to kick ass in the turn after. Likely possible with the tanks and mechs around, so don’t think we need 2 more inf in W India now for that purpose.

Regarding z98, the fleet will sure take some commitment to destroy. Perhaps UK should not allocate the fig and the mech, but be satisfied to keep 2 inf there? Then he’d have to allocate his sb, which makes an attack on z98 even more suspect. Think there’s a 75 % defence if Italy goes all in. Could save the left-overs if Italy doesn’t (easily) control Alexandria.

On the other hand, 2 more inf towards NWP will certainly be valuable.

Already sent 3 figs towards Finland, so no way back to Moscow since there is no ab in Norway.

Think Moscow has a 80-90 % defence with the french fig. It would be a desperado if G goes for it, and I would be happy if they did. Of course, things are starting to look rather bleak for ze nazis.

Ok, un-finalizing and looking at this again.

• @trulpen I might be misjudging. It looked like your odds were under 50 if he brought the SBs and the air in 39.

The concern around W India is both him to committing to an attack on it, but always making sure you have enough units that he can’t safely stack India. He can put 9 units there now. But it looks to me that you are fine and you could probably pull inf from W India to Persia.

My calc on Moscow was about 33% for him. This is one of those situations where I am fairly certain he is not going to take that risk, but my anxieties lead me to put another unit to be safe.

I think stacking Yunnan can wait another turn if the fleet doesn’t go to 80. It does hold back Japan’s income where it is now, and forces him to commit air to Anwhe

• TripleA Turn Summary: UK_Pacific round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 factory_minor, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 3 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            3 submarines moved from 6 Sea Zone to 24 Sea Zone
                  Americans take 17 Sea Zone from Japanese
            1 bomber moved from Scotland to Novgorod
            2 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux

Combat - Americans
            Strategic bombing raid in Novgorod
                    AA fire in Novgorod : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                Bombing raid in Novgorod rolls: 3 and causes: 3 damage to unit: factory_minor
                Bombing raid in Novgorod causes 3 damage total. 
            Battle in Normandy Bordeaux

Non Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            1 bomber moved from Novgorod to Vologda
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 3 transports moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 112 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            2 fighters moved from Eastern United States to 110 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Eastern United States to Scotland
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 108 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Marianas to 22 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 carrier and 3 submarines moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 carriers and 1 destroyer moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Guam to Caroline Islands
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Midway to Caroline Islands
            2 fighters moved from Midway to 33 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            1 factory_minor placed in Norway
            1 transport placed in 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in Central United States
            1 fighter placed in Western United States
            1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 3 submarines placed in 10 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 57 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 78 PUs

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Kiangsi
                  Chinese take Kiangsi from Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Kwangsi
                  Chinese take Kwangsi from Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Hopei
            1 fighter moved from Hunan to Hopei

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Hopei
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Hopei
                Chinese win, taking Hopei from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            4 artilleries and 17 infantry moved from Hunan to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Hopei to Kweichow

Place Units - Chinese
            3 infantry placed in Kweichow

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 11 PUs; end with 13 PUs

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 2 artilleries, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            2 infantry moved from West India to India
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Persia to India
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Persia to Caucasus
            2 infantry moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus
            1 infantry moved from Egypt to 98 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 98 Sea Zone to Cyprus
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 96 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 99 Sea Zone to Cyprus
            1 submarine moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
            1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter moved from Norway to Finland
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Finland
            1 armour moved from Algeria to Tunisia
                  British take Tunisia from Italians
            1 armour moved from Tunisia to Algeria
            1 fighter moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Russia to Ukraine
            1 fighter moved from Algeria to 92 Sea Zone

Combat - British
            Strategic bombing raid in Ukraine
                    AA fire in Ukraine : 1/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                1 bomber killed by AA
                Bombing raid in Ukraine causes 0 damage total. 
            Battle in Holland Belgium
            Battle in Cyprus
                British attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Cyprus, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Cyprus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Cyprus
                British win, taking Holland Belgium from Germans, taking Cyprus from Italians with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Finland
                British attack with 3 fighters and 2 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    British roll dice for 3 fighters and 2 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Finland
                British win, taking Finland from Germans with 3 fighters and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                British attack with 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                Italians defend with 1 destroyer
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 fighters in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 destroyer in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians and 1 submarine owned by the British lost in 92 Sea Zone
                British win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for British: 1 submarine
                Casualties for Italians: 1 destroyer
            Battle in India
                British attack with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in India, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese lost in India
                British win, taking India from Japanese with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery
            Battle in Caucasus
                Germans defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Caucasus, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
                British win, taking Caucasus from Germans with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Germans: 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - British
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to West India
            1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Hunan to Kweichow
            1 mech_infantry moved from Belgian Congo to Ethiopia
            1 infantry moved from Belgian Congo to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
            2 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to 71 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 71 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 81 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            3 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 fighter moved from 92 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Cyprus to 98 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 92 Sea Zone to Algeria
            1 fighter moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to Normandy Bordeaux
            3 fighters moved from Finland to Norway
            1 infantry moved from Persia to Northwest Persia
            2 aaGuns moved from United Kingdom to Scotland
            1 battleship, 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Caucasus to Eastern Persia
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Persia to Eastern Persia
            4 infantry moved from Eastern Persia to Persia
            1 fighter moved from 98 Sea Zone to Eastern Persia
            1 mech_infantry moved from Egypt to Iraq
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan

Place Units - British
            2 artilleries and 1 infantry placed in Persia
            1 submarine placed in 98 Sea Zone
            2 infantry placed in Egypt
            1 mech_infantry placed in Union of South Africa
            1 infantry placed in United Kingdom

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 36 PUs; end with 36 PUs
            Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 41 PUs

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 39 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,6,1,3,6,6
            UK_Pacific collect 3 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 3 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0,67
    British : 5,00
    Italians : 0,33
    Chinese : 0,00
    AA fire in Ukraine : : 0,83
    Japanese : -1,33
    AA fire in Novgorod : : -0,17

Savegame

• Did the changes. 4 inf to Persia. Also 2 inf to Jordan instead of Alexandria. Thought about it and if Italy goes for the fleet, we’ll be all the more happy for it.

• Consider this finalized now.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

still need to move the British battleship in the pacific

• Thanks! Didn’t get into the save. I’ll fix.

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Americans buy 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 factory_minor, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 3 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Combat - Americans

Turning on Edit Mode
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 3 transports moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 108 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans

Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 78 PUs

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed

Combat Move - Chinese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Hopei
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hopei, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                Chinese win, taking Hopei from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Place Units - Chinese

Turn Complete - Chinese

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 2 artilleries, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British

Combat - British
                1 bomber killed by AA
            Battle in Cyprus
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Cyprus, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Cyprus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                British win, taking Holland Belgium from Germans, taking Cyprus from Italians with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Finland
                    British roll dice for 3 fighters and 2 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                British win, taking Finland from Germans with 3 fighters and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 fighters in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 destroyer in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians and 1 submarine owned by the British lost in 92 Sea Zone
            Battle in India
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in India, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                British win, taking India from Japanese with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
            Battle in Caucasus
                    British roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Caucasus, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                British win, taking Caucasus from Germans with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4

1 battleship, 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone

Place Units - British

Turn Complete - British
            Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 41 PUs

Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from 22 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 33 Sea Zone: 1 battleship

Savegame

Game History

Combat Move - Americans

Combat - Americans

Turning on Edit Mode

Place Units - Americans

Purchase Units - Chinese

Combat Move - Chinese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Hopei

Place Units - Chinese

Turn Complete - Chinese

Purchase Units - British

Combat Move - British

Combat - British
                1 bomber killed by AA
            Battle in Cyprus
            Battle in Finland
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
            Battle in India
            Battle in Caucasus

Place Units - British

Turn Complete - British

Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from 22 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 33 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 33 Sea Zone: 1 tactical_bomber
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Caroline Islands: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 33 Sea Zone: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Caroline Islands: 1 tactical_bomber

Savegame

• Ok, NOW it’s finally finalized!

Also changed places of a fig and tac by/in Carolines.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Italy 5: Is my capital safe? Yes. Once Italy kills the two UK transports there is no attack on Rome.

Strategy: Long term game now so go for the money.

Italy has to protect the Continent while Germany turtles and threatens Moscow. Therefore, Italy needs to retake Normandy. Can’t do it this Turn so set up for next Turn. Kill the two UK transports and call it a day.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 5

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 5 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to 99 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to 81 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Libya to Tunisia
                  Italians take Tunisia from British
            1 armour moved from Tunisia to Libya

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 99 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 fighter
                British defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the British lost in 99 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for British: 1 transport
            Battle in 81 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber
                British defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the British lost in 81 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for British: 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 bomber moved from 81 Sea Zone to Libya
            1 fighter moved from 99 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            4 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Romania to Northern Italy
            1 armour moved from Ukraine to Rostov
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Western Germany to France

Place Units - Italians
            5 mech_infantrys placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 19 PUs; end with 19 PUs

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 5

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 fighter and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC
            ANZAC creates battle in territory 19 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Johnston Island to 30 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 30 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            2 fighters moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 22 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            2 submarines moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 26 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 fighter placed in New South Wales
            1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
            1 destroyer moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to Scotland

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• My suggestion.

1 fig, 1 sub.

Convoy disrupting in 3 locations, although J can hit all three, it’s usually annoying as hell and displaces all his 3 des, of which one already is displaced though.

Consolidating everything else with the rest of the fleet. The 3 figs land on US-carriers. The fleet is extremely secure what I can see, so the third fig may leave and we won’t need any blockers.

Both aussie and french inf move up through the ME.

The french des will find a haven in z92, helping to rid Italy of their NO. Might this be the time for an ab in Gibraltar? It will be vulnerable to the east and we want to be able to move the UK-fleet without sacrificing our little companion.

Inf in UK protect the sb.

• '21 '20

I agree with the Anzac move.

I think it is time for a US power move somewhere, we should pick a side and spend 70-30 or 80-20 till we have the upper hand. I think that the pacific would be best, because any heavy spending in the Atlantic wont have an impact for a few turns, and even then the impact wouldn’t be worth the effort.

Atlantic side stable, the Germans cant grab Moscow for a while due to far east men coming in, and the NO income. Middle east is also more or less secure, or will be by the time that the Germans can march their infantry all the way down there. I think the best place to hold is Iraq, given that India has fallen (if it comes to that, will need Atlantic planes for that though, he definitely can not get to Egypt if you prepare).

You should go for Novgorod, would be a crippling hit to Germany. Germany only has a minor to defend, and doesn’t have any substantial troops up there already meaning Germany would have to match your spending (or mostly match, defense is cheap) without Italian help. Italy alone can hold Normandy off, and can counter significant allied spending with a little German help, no point in going hard there.

Just some ideas

• My original plan with the french inf in UK was to put them in a US-trannie and ship them over the channel. That should be better, since if G buys a carrier to take out the sb, then it’s their loss.

I agree with US-spending focused on Pac. We need to keep Norway and Normandie secure, which might need some extra figs. More bombers would be nice as well to SBR G to threads.

• TripleA Turn Summary: ANZAC round 5

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            EDIT: 1 infantry moved from United Kingdom to Scotland

Place Units - ANZAC

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 5

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: 1 infantry moved from United Kingdom to Scotland

Place Units - ANZAC

Turn Complete - ANZAC

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
            1 destroyer moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users