Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 infantry and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            EDIT: 1 bomber moved from Iceland to United Kingdom

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 62 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to New Guinea
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Queensland to South Australia
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to Caroline Islands
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to Caroline Islands
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to South Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 infantry placed in New South Wales
            2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 20 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt
            1 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom
            1 fighter moved from Scotland to United Kingdom

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• This is my suggestion.

A compromise regarding the purchase. I didn’t like a des being exposed in z6, so went with an inf instead, saving 5 IPC.

Left a fig with the stack in S Australia. It was already fairly safe, but I really don’t want to see it getting crushed.

I figure 2 aussie figs in the Carolines is sufficient to deter a japanese aggression. What I could discern it’s a 30 % battle with 25 expected TUV-loss for Japan. Not particularly intriguing. Now do tell me if I’m wrong about that. Then we can boost the defence with another fig.

France don’t do much but consolidate forces.

I’ll give this a few hours during the day, and will then try to finalize it.

• Also did an edit with the UK-bomber. Please confirm it’s ok, @AndrewAAGamer.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Also did an edit with the UK-bomber. Please confirm it’s ok, @AndrewAAGamer.

I think the buy is fine, although if hte point of the land build is to discourage a landing, you could buy a mech or a tank instead. Both can be handy for landings later as well. And 3 subs would also be an option.

I might be miscalculating Caroline Islands but I get a 75% odds for Japan. That is probably safe in this context since a Japan defeat is still a real possibility and a bigger setback to him, but it is still not one I would risk (especially given where the rest of the US fleet is). The addition of the fighter makes it 50%. My assumption is that hte fleet in 6 + 5 tacs, 5 figs, and 2 bombers can all reach (6 air can land on the 3 carriers that cannot reach).

I would rather stack S Australia to force him to commit to a landing if he is going for it. But it is typically better for hte allies if Japan focuses on Australia before capturing India so I don’t think it is the end of the world if you can’t do that.

And because you have the inf in New Guinea that can be picked up by the transport, you could choose to move the inf currently on the transport to S Australia and move the fighter to Caroline Islands to keep both secure.

• What I could see no other air than the bombers may land on an island. Doesn’t that limit the attack to max 10 air only?

• @trulpen 2 bombers + 10 air (5 of which can be tacs). With that I get 75% odds.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

4 tacs from FIC can land in 33. 5 fig + 1 tac can land on the 3 carriers that can’t reach but can move to an adjacent square.

• I have to look at the map, but I don’t remember J having an ab in FIC. I’ll check. I’m sure you’re right and I’m wrong. In that case the fig definitely goes to the Carolines.

• @trulpen no need for an airbase in FIC. The tacs can land on the carriers coming from 6 and the the fighters in 6 and on Japan have one extra movement so can land in carriers adjacent to 33.

• I skipped ahead to Japan turn and he can get 5 tacs + 5 fighters + 2 bombers to the Sea Zone. That gives him a 75% chance of winning but messes up his plans for Asia. I would be happy if he did that battle since India would live a long life.

1. have the fighter in Queensland. You will be thrilled if he decided to attack there. He is not doing an amphibious attack in Southern Territories on J2.

2. choose a mech instead of the infantry. It gives you so much more flexibility to repel amphibious attacks later in the game. worth the extra 1 PU

3. don’t worry about him sending a big force to Sydney just to kill one destroyer. no problem about this build but you are being too afraid in this match.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I skipped ahead to Japan turn and he can get 5 tacs + 5 fighters + 2 bombers to the Sea Zone. That gives him a 75% chance of winning but messes up his plans for Asia. I would be happy if he did that battle since India would live a long life.

1. have the fighter in Queensland. You will be thrilled if he decided to attack there. He is not doing an amphibious attack in Southern Territories on J2.

2. choose a mech instead of the infantry. It gives you so much more flexibility to repel amphibious attacks later in the game. worth the extra 1 PU

3. don’t worry about him sending a big force to Sydney just to kill one destroyer. no problem about this build but you are being too afraid in this match.

I agree with that. I wouldn’t gamble on 75% odds when my situation is not desperate and it seems like my route to victory is elsewhere. But I also would think carefully about what might happen in a circumstance where your opponent would go for it. I expect that they would quickly get bogged down in the pacific. They should be able to grab Sydney but not Honolulu and Calcutta would then be safe for a while. And China would soon be in a position to deny Japan a VC on the mainland. But given where the rest of the US fleet is, there is some danger that the right build, a decisive defeat in 33 (which is also reasonably possible), a landing in Western Australia, and carrier movement to 46 might put Japan on track to grab 2 more VCs before the US can respond effectively. If the Axis were desperate in Europe, than I would seriously be thinking about this. I doubt Andrew would since I think he has a safer route to victory in Europe, but some players like to gamble.

• @farmboy I see two primary goals for Japan in the early and mid-game.

1. don’t lose the air force since it allows them to project power in multiple directions
    2. get the income up to the 70+ range.

Since he has mostly abandoned attempts to conquer China, he will be stuck at about 60 PU/turn until he either conquers India or Australia. I would be thrilled if he engages all of his forces in Pacific naval battles. A game of attrition without conquering valuable territories is his worst nightmare.

• @AndrewAAGamer would you be able to give a critique of what was done well on US/China/UK turns, along with what you would have done differently in this situation?

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I skipped ahead to Japan turn and he can get 5 tacs + 5 fighters + 2 bombers to the Sea Zone. That gives him a 75% chance of winning but messes up his plans for Asia. I would be happy if he did that battle since India would live a long life.

It’s @farmboy saw this and that you checked. It’s a big help for me.

Might go for the des then.

I’m not afraid, hmpf, but I’m trying to be careful. Don’t want to put resources to waste.

I’ll land the fig in the Carolines, because I prefer that J doesn’t have better than 50/50-odds on the attack.

• '21 '20

finishing the second round… 534-535 posts. Damn

• @WindowWasher said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

finishing the second round… 534-535 posts. Damn

Heading for the All-Time-High!

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            EDIT: 1 bomber moved from Iceland to United Kingdom

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to New Guinea
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from Queensland to Caroline Islands
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Queensland to South Australia
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt
            1 infantry moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
            1 fighter and 1 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Ok, this is the turn then. It’s finalized by this post. Have taken input into account. N.B. that there’s an edit of the UK-sb that should’ve moved back to London instead of staying on vacation on Iceland. If it’s not approved, it will be changed back.

• Now onto G3. Let the attacks finally begin.

Curious Andrew, how well does this ignore-China plan work in Balanced Mod?

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris probably better than in OOB due to the fact that china’s bonus is cut by 3 and in BM Japan has to garrison everything

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m