Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

This early in the game, I buy artillery because I’m never sure I’ll be there again.

• Point is that I’d like to maximize primarily the defence.

• Every extra unit is very valuable. I’m going for the 4 inf, 1 art purchase.

• But of course only if we’re sure that we’ll be able to hold Yunnan for another turn.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Artillery Supplies: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Open
            Chinese buy 1 artillery and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Shensi to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Burma to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                  Chinese take Kwangsi from Japanese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Kweichow
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Kweichow, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Kweichow
                Chinese win, taking Kweichow from Japanese with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Place Units - Chinese
            1 artillery and 4 infantry placed in Yunnan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese : 0,33
    Japanese : -0,67

Savegame

• This was the chinese. Now we need to keep Calcutta safe, but also get stuff into Yunnan with UK.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

the next concern I have is defending India from next turn.
    Disappointed, we can’t kill lone transport without sacrificing CV, but hey that’s the game

I would plan on 2 inf + planes take shan State. Send 1-2 AA + 2 mob inf to Yunnan.
    Ftrs return to India to defend against SBR
    The tac ftr can go back to Yunnan.
    Pull back 4 inf+art+1AA and I believe you will defend at 20-80 against J3. So he won’t do it, but after taking down the rest of the DEI, we will need to plan for more reinforcements.

I guess since India is safe, we don’t have to move from Yunnan so it is safe for a turn as well. I which case, yes, go ahead a max out # of units.

• @trulpen I am so confused why you didn’t buy 4 art with China?

• India is pretty safe at this point. If Axis set up to take it next turn, you can always stack Burma with the China, and UK units and he will only get it for one turn. But I do agree with your pacific choices.

@surfer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

the next concern I have is defending India from next turn.
    Disappointed, we can’t kill lone transport without sacrificing CV, but hey that’s the game

I would plan on 2 inf + planes take shan State. Send 1-2 AA + 2 mob inf to Yunnan.
    Ftrs return to India to defend against SBR
    The tac ftr can go back to Yunnan.
    Pull back 4 inf+art+1AA and I believe you will defend at 20-80 against J3. So he won’t do it, but after taking down the rest of the DEI, we will need to plan for more reinforcements.

I guess since India is safe, we don’t have to move from Yunnan so it is safe for a turn as well. I which case, yes, go ahead a max out # of units.

• Thanks for the input, all of you!

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@trulpen I am so confused why you didn’t buy 4 art with China?

The reason is that China won’t yet be an aggressive force and one more unit in Yunnan further dissuades an all-out J attack. Having a lot of art and then getting annihilated is of not much use.

• @trulpen The best way to dissuade Japan from attacking the China stack is by having enough offensive power so that he can’t put a good stack of infantry next to it. The art build makes it virtually impossible for him to stand toe-to-toe in an adjacent territory. You have one less unit than the inf build, but he is not going to be able to threaten it for the foreseeable future.

Do review the history. He intentionally skipped the Hunan attack on J1. The only reason I see for this would be if he is planning on skipping China and instead focusing on moving his Japanese units into Russia and the Middle East. India, when attacked, will be an amphibious landing. I don’t see him getting enough forces to Burma any time soon to survive a counterattack by India.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I have a question regarding these particular 3-nation-turns: Would you allow us to be able to change things that are not affected by dice for the nation’s preceeding? Namely US and Ch while UK goes?

Yes, as long as it is obviously not affected by any dice rolling I am good with this since it is a teaching game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

In general, yes I agree with @Arthur-Bomber-Harris, but in this case, Japan cannot stack people anywhere near Yunnan, except FIC. Unfortunately, China can’t attack FIC so maximizing attack is not useful. If the 7 units in Hopei attempt to move down, we will crush them regardless of what we buy. Now that would vacate Yunnan for the round, but we still get the +6 and artillery buy to strike back at whatever units the Japanese attack with 2 rounds from now.

But for now, we need to maximize boots on the moon…no that’s Space Force…boots on the ground to make Japan’s attack as difficult as possible.

• '21 '20

Whats the point of having things in SZ89? Is it to be sneaky? To protect Panama? To get around blockers?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Nothing sneaky. Just setting up to invade Africa. Need the extra units from the Pacific so they go there.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris I had the same reaction, and I’m pretty new haha.

• @WindowWasher said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Whats the point of having things in SZ89? Is it to be sneaky? To protect Panama? To get around blockers?

From z101 or EUS air can’t attack Gibraltar since all their movement is expended. From z89 they can, since there’s 1 move left. At the same time air may land if the fleet is attacked. Simple as that.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Combat Move - British
            1 fighter moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Egypt to 96 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Burma to Shan State
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Shan State

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• This is my proposed purchases and CMs.

I choose to use only 1 inf for Shan state instead, saving the inf for more defence of and pressure from Yunnan. I’m ok with 33 % risk of not getting Shan state, since anything there will only be obliterated anyway whether or not there are 1 or 2 inf at stake.

I thought about hitting British Somalialand, but considered that we for one thing lack enough force and for the other prefer to take out the italian des in z96.

• Oh, yes, saving 3 IPC for next turn with UK-EU. Think that’s wise. We only need inf in Cairo atm and an inf in UK is rather useless without any german fleet and amphibious capability to worry about.

Considered an art buy for UK-Pac, but believe another mech is more useful here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m