Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• '17 '16 '13 '12

If we had a bit of an Atlantic force for the US, this map would look pretty good.

Hard to see Germay buy a carrier just to attack 110, losses would be great anyways.

Yunnan is not affordable.

Can’t take all money Island with landing on Java, that’s impossible.

If Japan knows out the Siberians, they have 3 transports out of position.

The Japanese need to content with decent UK pacific fleet + air that can strike back at their landing fleets.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Not mentioning that if Germany attacks 110 it needs to retake Normandy and Belgium without air support, and Greece is there as well nagging them out.

What worries me though is Africa/med wish I was stronger there and had an American fleet to work with.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Oh and yes, that silly transport in 99 is changing battle odds, too many targets to hit, you can’t understate how that impacts choices.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Sorry for continuing the monologue here but two additional benefits if we get our butts kicked in 110 and Amur:

1. The German sub cannot deny Soviet NO by going to 125 at G2. If sub dies, need to buy another sub to be ready to declare war on G3.

2. The Mongolians are activated, making 9 infantry available for counter-attack. If we can spare a plane to accompany that counter-attack we are in business.

3. We have a good shot at eventually cutting the 3 Japanese transports to pieces with US Naval presence in the neighborhood

4. We have a potential US Landing in Korea in case Japan doesn’t strike us directly. That means that Korea will need to be defended to withstand an attack from America. Ideally would be able to defend against attack with 12 infantry, and so will Manchuria (likely need to keep planes north for that)

What worries me the most is a strike on Burma, but that would use up the Borneo/Phil land units and we can counter-attack The strike on Burma would negate the Java attack so India can be reinforced with 3 fighters. The only way for India to fall on J3 is a naval base + keeping zone 37 clear of blockers after J2. I have to think that we’ll be strong enough to prevent that with UK planes, Navy, Anzac planes, Anzac Navy and US Navy.

If we don’t think we can survive this, then we can always back out of Burma and leave a smaller force there.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

If US planes were in Queensland already, the Pacific would be a lot more comfortable, we would absolutely be able to cut off 37 and land some planes and Shan State/Malaya which the Japanese would have to deal with.

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Maybe we can use the tac though? And maybe even the fig? That would mean a pretty secure battle.

We need to be able to land 2 figs in z92 and 3 in Gibraltar.

Try my 110 strategy, time to be BOLD, kill! ;)

I think this is the way to go. Buy 1 carrier and 1 destroyer and one inf. attack 110 with every single boat that can reach as well as 4 fighters and the bomber, place the carrier and destroyer in 110. Voila!

It is sound to take holland with this, but maybe equally strong place an aa gun and inf in normandy. It delays the fast movers against russia or he has to risk planes

In the med, attack destroyer/tranny with sub and plane and place a destroyer blocker to protect gibraltar

• That’s the thing. I think losing 4 planes for Japan this early is a huge deal, along with the risk of losing even more.

Japan’s greatest asset in the early game is its amazing air-force.

• @oysteilo said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Maybe we can use the tac though? And maybe even the fig? That would mean a pretty secure battle.

We need to be able to land 2 figs in z92 and 3 in Gibraltar.

Try my 110 strategy, time to be BOLD, kill! ;)

I think this is the way to go. Buy 1 carrier and 1 destroyer and one inf. attack 110 with every single boat that can reach as well as 4 fighters and the bomber, place the carrier and destroyer in 110. Voila!

It is sound to take holland with this, but maybe equally strong place an aa gun and inf in normandy. It delays the fast movers against russia or he has to risk planes

In the med, attack destroyer/tranny with sub and plane and place a destroyer blocker to protect gibraltar

with this you also help russia as you are fighting sea zone 125

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:.

(I now see that SZ 54 is naked though, why aren’t US planes there?)

Because no-one told me they should be there. 😋

• We shouldn’t be that petrified of a Japan attack against Yunnan. Japan will need most of their carrier based planes to land on the carriers to ensure protection of the Money Islands. I would suggest landing the planes + 2 UK Pacific soldiers to reinforce Yunnan. Holding it is so important, allowing you to build art next round.

1. I am an advocate for strafing French Indo China. Those 2 soldiers will be used to take out your Malaysian forces as they move to Shan State this round. You likely will lose a fighter in the strafe (defense = 4) but save 3 soldiers (defense = 6), plus add an extra couple points of income.

2. consider ship blocking in SZ 37 with a destroyer so you can move your India forces to Burma this round. if you don’t ship block, you tempt Japan to attack Burma with his air force + transported infantry. It isn’t a great economic victory for Japan, but it would mean that India would inevitably fall on J3 as the transports arrive form Tokyo. If you don’t reinforce the Chinese fighter plane in Burma, Japan will take that out since it is one of the most annoying units in the entire game.

• @oysteilo I am not sure about building a huge UK Atlantic fleet this turn. It will be another three turns before the United States will be in position to support any landings in Normandy or Norway. I would prioritize taking out the Italian and Germany fleets, holding onto Egypt, and building some subs to terrorize the Med.

• mIC in Cairo perhaps?

• Italy should not want to build fleet here, but rather mechs to support Barbarossa.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Italy should not want to build fleet here, but rather mechs to support Barbarossa.

I think this means that there’s actually no rush in taking out the Italian navy, but can wait until it’s more favourable. Especially after taking out Tobruk, Italy will have a hard time building up a Med-threat.

If they do, Germany loses their invaluable can-opening-capability, which makes it a lot easier for Russia to defend and avoid Crushia.

• @trulpen that would depend on your confidence of holding Egypt. If you build a mIC in Cairo on UK1 but make it too easy for the Axis to conquer the territory, you invite them to go after Africa first. A German strafe followed by an Italian landing is possible if you make the wrong moves.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@trulpen

Did you download the map I posted? I did the “crazy” UK turn, worth taking a look.

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Did you download the map I posted? I did the “crazy” UK turn, worth taking a look.

Haven’t yet, but I will check it out. Thanks!

• I thought about air-striking FIC. It’s a bit high risk, but if only losing a tac like in this test, it’s worth it. Makes a 20 TUV-swing in the right direction. It’s also a 33 % chance of not losing a plane at all.

• The question there is if we really want to play high risk? I’d be content with a -10 to -20 TUV-swing for Japan, just planting the 3 planes in Yunnan. I’d say that’s deterrent enough. But please continue to chip in opinions.

The landing in Siam seems wasteful but we don’t want Japanese planes to land there.

I honestly don’t understand this move. Japan has FIC. Air can land there. Why waste 2 inf and a tr for nothing? Japan can easily just take back Siam immediately and then nothing was really gained. Or?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m