Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Anyway, I’m thinking of proceeding with China. What I can see a maximum attack on Yunnan is the way to go and so far it’s a concensus on it. I’m also sure @Omega1759 agrees upon the move.

Go ahead and put pressure! :)

We don’t have much of a bid in the Pacific but we have to take risks.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            6 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 10 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 10 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 3/11 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 artillery owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Chinese win, taking Yunnan from Japanese with 1 fighter and 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Burma
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Szechwan
            2 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi

Place Units - Chinese
            4 infantry placed in Yunnan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese : 0,83
    Japanese : 1,33

Savegame

• Typical. What we didn’t want to see; a double hit on defence. Well, the plan might still hold and in any case it’s committed for.

• The british are coming!

• Now is the time to give me all of your wise ideas.

I’m leaning towards an ab in Gibraltar, a fig and an inf.

• I just love that Sea Lion-taunt. :grin:

• Bismarck needs to be sunk, as well as the 2 subs in z106 while they’re gathered.

Hitting Tobruk is prepared and good.

Believe we can skip Taranto for now.

• z96 will get a visit from a sub and some air.

• The purchase in Calcutta can be either 5 inf or 4 mech. Depends upon the prospect of Yunnan. It just worsened with 2 lost inf, so I don’t think this is very clear.

• I suspect that we’ll have to back down into Calcutta anyway soon, so that speaks for 5 inf.

• Making Tobruk happen means sacrificing a tr. If not it’s only a 70-80 % battle.

• Maybe we can use the tac though? And maybe even the fig? That would mean a pretty secure battle.

We need to be able to land 2 figs in z92 and 3 in Gibraltar.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I would use the trn to engage Persia. Could be done with Indian trn, but India needs as many units as it can.

I think reinforcing SZ92 is a bridge too far. Normal game, there is no Home fleet to defend so SZ92 makes sense. Here, we want to save the ships we have. So need ftrs in UK. 3-4 to be safe.

Actually, since he didn’t land in Holland Belgium, France can be useful and take that territory so the German ftrs can’t land without buying a CV. Buying 2 will still be a 1-99 battle against 4 ftrs + ships. I would consider it a win for the Allies if Germany spent on 3+ CVs this early in the game. BTW (3 CV is only 33-67% battle)

Italy could try to defend with tank + ftrs. In which, case I would still attack with France and trade junk for high value units that won’t end up on Eastern Front.

All this to say, I still believe Taranto is best option. We will have dominance in the S. Med, which is the goal of the first part of the game. You have to lose the CV or accept a 70-30 battle (assuming scramble). You could send 2 ftrs from UK, but if I was Italy I would not scramble and then the CV has to come anyway, unless he rolls 2 hits (16+% chance, 1 round combat)

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Maybe we can use the tac though? And maybe even the fig? That would mean a pretty secure battle.

We need to be able to land 2 figs in z92 and 3 in Gibraltar.

Try my 110 strategy, time to be BOLD, kill! ;)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

UK Pacific
    I’ll be in the minority here, but I’ll take Sumatra. Probably use a Malaya inf to do it. Keep people in India. If Japan goes for Sumatra, good. ANZAC safer.

I would move CA to SZ79 to avoid being stomped by air since you won’t have any air cover in India
    Since China went poorly, could try to airblitz FIC, and land in Burma.
    But that seems risky, instead
    Move up India stack. and put DD out as blocker. I hate giving up ships so early, but need to adapt. and this puts pressure on Japan’s land forces which is its only weakness right now.

Actually, looking at the Yunnan battle, just moving the 2 inf causes him to lose 4 ftrs. Adding our 3 ftrs, only increases his loss by 4 ftrs. So a “win” for us of extra ftr dead for all of our air. Not gonna do it. But I would add the 2 inf, without he loses 2.5 ftrs. 2 inf = 1.5 ftrs lost. I’ll take that

Suggested buy is 2 inf + 3 mob inf. Need the mobility to reach and get Shan State/Yunnan if necessary.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

There is an alternative. to use the trn to assault Ethiopia with ground troops that aren’t being used for Tobruk. + CA that was just hanging out anyway.
    Pro: secures more territory in Africa
    Cons: removes units from India…which is why I rarely want to make this move

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

UK Home Fleet
    Move to SZ109 all ships + SS except SS in SZ110
    Send trn to SZ88. Could stay but would take 3 turns to be useful anyway so may as well get Canadian units. Moving them to US for easy pickup

Attack BB with SS + 3-4 ftrs (whatever you have after Taranto), kill the BB, don’t care about sub. If get 2 hits on BB quick, then leave SS to kill German SS one-on-one

US should buy DD + 2 ftrs to defend buy. Then go sub hunting with Brits. There is no NO for Atlantic Subs in OOB, so no rush to kill.

Need to plan on Italy, reinforces Holland. Buy 1-2 ftrs so that should have 6 defense for island. Other buys = 12 IPCs in S. Africa for mob inf. + anything left over as inf in UK.

• @surfer a trade of 3 UK pacific fighters for 4 Japanese fighters is excellent. The Allies would come out in that exchange. If Japan opts not to do the combat, China gains 6 PUs and can build art next round. Very much worth the risk.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

If we are worried about dice in Yunnan, let’s make sure to offer a target that Japan has to split it’s air on. What about the Russians in Siberia?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ok. We will agree to disagree. The Japanese have 21 aircraft, the Brits 3. Losing 4 for Japan is no big deal compared to elimination of Brits. Plus the Japanese have the $$ to replace ftrs (maybe not for 2-3 rds), but in 2-3 rds UK Pacific will be making 6 IPCs or less. The ftrs are a defensive backstop that can’t be just thrown away.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m