Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• @farmboy I think the fleet should be safe by Norway to be clear

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ok, I did forget about the French ftr reinforcing after the Italians. So the battle is 75-25 for Axis, which I would agree is probably not what @AndrewAAGamer wants to bet the game on. But it is a concern…
    He will probably just push ahead on the Russian fronts – which can be a real problem if he presses south into the ME.

• @surfer I remember checking the odds on the allied fleet in 112 and got around 12%. If I misjudged it if it really changes dramatically with an average Italian attack I would reconsider.
    I am tempted by Normandy as well because one can still push into the med and simultaneously put threats on Italy (with UK). Going all in on the med might be tempting too.

• Normandie is nice, but Norway is better. If it can hold, which it should be able to. Axis, and especially Italy, has a very hard task of retaking Norway. The tactical benefit of that landing is simply awesome. Will keep G very much on their toes, looking back at home. If they neglect the defence, Berlin is screwed and the conquest of Moscow is arbitrary.

The Med will have enough pressure from the Cairo fleet. No need to make a pincer maneuver on Italy. They’ve already stated that they will not waste resources on fleet, except that des to scare off some subs, so it’s an easy match. It’s actually enough to just contain it for now, keeping threats in the Med alive.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 3 fighters and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• A better buy?

• Hmm, I really want some more subs. They will be very good for both pressuring kamikaze zones without risking kamikazes as well as convoy disruptions.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Savegame

• I’m rather satisfied with this purchase. Lets kick some japanese ass.

• I want to sink the italian cr, but don’t see any good way of doing it. Perhaps with the UK, using the sub and a fig from London?

• If UK puts 2 figs on a US carrier, G only has 12 % with an all-out air-strike + sub on the fleet in z112. I looked at it before and it’s the same figures. Pretty damn safe. Norway, here we come!

• '17 '16 '13 '12

I think that my current game is tough, but nothing compared to this one!

• @surfer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Ok, I did forget about the French ftr reinforcing after the Italians. So the battle is 75-25 for Axis, which I would agree is probably not what @AndrewAAGamer wants to bet the game on.

That’s not at all what I get in my analysis. Did you miss the UK bs and des? Or some figs?

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I think that my current game is tough, but nothing compared to this one!

Makes it so much more juicy! :grin:

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 artillery moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 22 Sea Zone to Marianas
            1 mech_infantry moved from Morocco to Tunisia
                  Americans take Tunisia from Italians

Combat - Americans
            Battle in Norway
            Battle in Marianas

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Morocco to 91 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 armour, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 3 transports moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 armour, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
            2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Morocco to United Kingdom
            1 carrier moved from 26 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 33 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            2 carriers, 2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            2 fighters moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            2 fighters moved from Wake Island to Guam
            3 submarines moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Midway
            2 fighters moved from Western United States to Midway

Place Units - Americans
            1 bomber and 2 fighters placed in Eastern United States
            1 carrier and 3 submarines placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in Western United States
            1 infantry placed in Central United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 56 PUs; end with 56 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 66 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs

Savegame

• The suggestion for US. No dice rolled, so still changeable. What do you say?

Some alternatives are a) to build 1 inf less and bring the mech that attacked Tunisia to Norway instead, boosting the defence there, b) land two more US figs on the carriers by Marianas, waiting to land the aussie ones on the one of the other incoming carriers next turn, c) not keeping a des in z26, since it will hardly be needed against the attack of 1 sub, unless we’re super unlucky.

• Think I will change b and c, but keep the inf and reinforcement move.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 artillery moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 22 Sea Zone to Marianas
            1 mech_infantry moved from Morocco to Tunisia
                  Americans take Tunisia from Italians

Combat - Americans
            Battle in Norway
            Battle in Marianas

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Morocco to 91 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 armour, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 3 transports moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 armour, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
            2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Morocco to United Kingdom
            1 carrier moved from 26 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 33 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            2 carriers, 2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            2 fighters moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            2 fighters moved from Wake Island to Guam
            3 submarines moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Midway
            2 fighters moved from Western United States to Midway

Place Units - Americans
            1 bomber and 2 fighters placed in Eastern United States
            1 carrier and 3 submarines placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in Western United States
            1 infantry placed in Central United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 56 PUs; end with 56 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 66 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Caroline Islands: 2 fighters
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 22 Sea Zone: 2 fighters
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 26 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 33 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 4

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Suiyuyan
                  Chinese take Suiyuyan from Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Hopei
                  Chinese take Hopei from Japanese

Combat - Chinese

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            4 artilleries, 1 fighter and 15 infantry moved from Kweichow to Hunan
            1 infantry moved from Tsinghai to Shensi

Place Units - Chinese
            4 infantry placed in Hunan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 10 PUs; end with 11 PUs

Savegame

• Still no dice rolled, interestingly enough. I’ll set up the purchase and CMs for UK and wait for some input from my following.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m