Scoring: Why exclude losses?

• 2007 AAR League

Why does the League scoring system only count your wins (best games) and ignore your losses?

Are we trying to rank players based on how good they are?

If you want to give people awards for participation, you should do that separately.

Also, participation isn’t directly correlated to the number of games played. We have some players who are fighting close games that go for 20 rounds, and other games that last only 1-5 rounds.

The old League scoring system circa 2007 had this fault as well. As such, I evaluated players based on their win and loss record, and who’d they’d beat, not on their League score.

• I believe an Elo ranking system would be best.

• '19 '17 '16

@akreider2 said in Scoring: Why exclude losses?:

Why does the League scoring system only count your wins (best games) and ignore your losses?

Are we trying to rank players based on how good they are?

If you want to give people awards for participation, you should do that separately.

Also, participation isn’t directly correlated to the number of games played. We have some players who are fighting close games that go for 20 rounds, and other games that last only 1-5 rounds.

The old League scoring system circa 2007 had this fault as well. As such, I evaluated players based on their win and loss record, and who’d they’d beat, not on their League score.

Um, it doesn’t.

Losses reduce your PPG, well generally.

• 2007 AAR League

Down side of not being able to delete my posts is that I cannot fix a mistake. I misinterpreted “best of”. Losses are counted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m