• so hypothetically if the germans have a very poor turn one and lose lots of ground units in the capture of Paris and even maybe lose a plane or two in wiping out the British navy. has anyone tried to support the remaining french units in normandy, you could stack 3-4 allied fighters and move 2-4 land units into normandy aswell. so i am just wondering if this scenario has ever happened to someone or just your overall thoughts on the idea


  • I have always tried to take Normandy on Germany’s first turn. All you really have commit to the attack is one or two offensive units and a few infantry to take hits. It has worked for me so far.


  • @General-Hicks I have only seen France’s capital survive Germany’s attack a handful of times. On one occasion I was the French player and I decided to move the fighter from London and all of my units in Southern France to Paris. In addition, the United Kingdom flew in two fighters. Unfortunately, this was unsuccessful because the Italian player threw every unit they could at France and took it, albeit with substantial casualties. Based on my experience, I would only recommend placing fighters in France’s capital if the French still have a healthy number of ground units present. There would have to be at least 3-4 for me to even consider it.

  • 2020 '19 '18

    The few times I’ve had it happen the Germans Execute hitler and sue for peace 🙂

  • 2021 2020 '18 '17 '16 '15 TripleA

    I have seen opening France attacks go sideways a few times. Usually Italy will come in and mop it up, so there isn’t too much value in adding units that will die anyways. And to be honest, Italy with the extra income each round plus 19 more in R2 can make for a much stronger Italy!


  • @General-Hicks said in Second stand in france:

    so hypothetically if the germans have a very poor turn one and lose lots of ground units in the capture of Paris and even maybe lose a plane or two in wiping out the British navy. has anyone tried to support the remaining french units in normandy, you could stack 3-4 allied fighters and move 2-4 land units into normandy aswell. so i am just wondering if this scenario has ever happened to someone or just your overall thoughts on the idea

    I’ve consider it before but have not applied the move in a game. I played a 1936 Global War game where I stacked Paris with eight to ten AA guns to discourage German planes from tipping the scale of the battle.


  • If Germany loses 4 mechs and 6 tanks going into Paris, plus loses the income for the turn, it is not going to be a pleasant game for the Axis. It happens in 1-2% of my games if I play a bit aggressively since I am facing a good opponent. At that point, I give up.

    Against a player of inferior skill, I skip G1 attacks on Normandy and send all of my ground forces against Paris. That gives me a 99.9% chance of winning. So far I have not seen that 0.1% outcome.

  • 2020

    @barnee lol at that comment. This scenario actually happened in one of my games; my brother played Germany but wasn’t able to take France in G1. He promptly surrendered and Hitler was put to death.

Suggested Topics

  • 9
  • 49
  • 26
  • 84
  • 2
  • 66
  • 13
  • 7
I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

50
Online

15.3k
Users

36.4k
Topics

1.5m
Posts