• I’m new to the game.

If I’m attacking a country with 2 infantry,
    should I pay for the attack and
    should the defender pay for the defense?

Image 001.png

• @Anuja Welcome to the game and the forum. I have never played A&A zombies, but it should be the same as the other games as far as attacking and defense. No one pays to attack or defend. The chart you have in the picture is the unit reference chart. The cost you see is how many ipcs that unit is to purchase. Your purchasing is done during the first phase of your turn. The move section shows how many territories or sea zones each unit is allowed to move. The attack section shows what the units attack roll value is. For example, a tank is shown as three. That means if you roll a three, two, or one you get a hit. Infantry have an attack roll value of one, unless they are supported by artillery, in which case their roll value is two, meaning they get a hit on a one or two rolled. It works the same way on defense, except that some units roll differently on defense than on attacking. I hope that helps. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

• @J-o-C said in Help me understand Unit Reference:

{snip}Your purchasing is done during the first phase of your turn.{snip}

One small correction - in A&A&Z, you purchase units in between non-combat moves and collect income, in the back part of your turn. Yes, this is different than most other A&A games. I just thought I would clear that up.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Yes. Personally I do not like this. I prefer the standard Axis and Allies rule: you purchase units at the START of your turn. And you place your units produced at the END of your turn.
    This is different in AAZ. And some like this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m