• Re: German bomber strategy - How to play and How to counter

Add as many German bombers as you can, minimum of one each turn. These bombers, and even fighters if you are a Luftwaffe junkie, makes a great quick reaction force that can support your navy, economic attacks on Britian and Russia, or just making your land battles a lot more weighted on your side. I have played a succesfull game where Germany was able to take the West Indies and Strategically bomb Eastern USA, effectively destroying the reaction by the US to counter Axis Atlantic dominance. This helped bring a quick end to the game. Honestly either Axis Power will do well with a lot of bombers, because Japan can jump them around on islands to help with attacks, because obviously they can’t win defensively against the ever growing fleet of USA Battleships.

• 2007 AAR League

If the USA is buying battleships, they don’t know how to play.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@Panzerboy0191
    I think there is general agreement German bombers are awesome. They threaten the Allied Atlantic Fleet in the Channel and off Gibraltar, the Allied Med Fleet, Moscow and Egypt. Having said that not sure buying bombers before you have enough ground troops to push Russia back is a good idea.

I have played a succesfull game where Germany was able to take the West Indies and Strategically bomb Eastern USA

Also your Allied opponent was obviously weak. The German Navy should never have control of the Atlantic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m