To all you Pro-Israeli supporters here

• "But do you punish everyone for them? People with their own agendas command these things. "

Hell, no! but sadly, jenin was a enter of explosives and rocket manufacturing! They don’t randomly select targets and decimate them!

Another thing is that any suiide attacks, even against military targets, will provoke israeli attaks. They should just pull a Gahndi.

• Pull another India? Problem is, groups like HAMAS and Islaamic Jihad won’t stop fighting. And Israel can’t go after them because they aren’t based in Palestine.

Maybe the role the US can play in this is to force the countries supporting HAMAS and IJ (islaamic Jihad) to give up the terrorists. Would be a damn good excuse to take out Sadam.

• "Pull another India? Problem is, groups like HAMAS and Islaamic Jihad won’t stop fighting. And Israel can’t go after them because they aren’t based in Palestine. "

So because “they are violent bastards”, they can’t stop being violent? The leader of hamas was arrested by the israelis! Now here’s the problem…some people, with the same pro-palestinian point of view are quicker to hop on israel and condemn them than the terrorists in control of organizations like Hamas. they justify their evil deeds to fufill their bloody deeds. The justification of the right for the palestinians to resist violently is needed for any long term peace before both parties.

• Suicide bombers? Why go through all the death and despair? If it were my decision, the fate of Palestine independence would be decided in a simple duel. Arafat and Sharon would shake hands, walk ten paces, and open fire. The outcome would decide the fate of the war. It’s too bad jousting when out of style…

• I see terrorism, against military targets, as a form of military action. The American Revolution started because of terrorism. Terrorism against civilians is non-beneficial for both sides.

Leader of Hamas arrested? Someone else, probably more violent, takes over.

• On 2002-04-23 11:26, Yanny wrote:
    I see terrorism, against military targets, as a form of military action. The American Revolution started because of terrorism. Terrorism against civilians is non-beneficial for both sides.

Leader of Hamas arrested? Someone else, probably more violent, takes over.

“Maybe”! That didn’t happen in egypt…and it is better to put them in dissarray temporarily.

And stop mentioning the american revolution! Sadly we were terrorists!

Here’s a good article:
    http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2002/04/23/News/News.47523.html

• I mention the American Revolution because I think it is the most interesting war I’ve ever read about. That, and WWII, I can consider myself an expert on.

• You should meet my brother TG then. He’s a real expert on the American Revolution. :smile:

• I’m no major expert (I know some battles, people, places, taxes…), but from everything i read, heardor watched, i have found no reason to justfiy the American Revolution besides of what America turned out to be.

• When I mention the American Revolution, I use it to prove a point. One man’s Terrorist is another Man’s Freedom fighter. It was true in the past, it is true now.

• not so. that is very different.

palestinian might take over IMMORALLY, and steal land that isn’t theirs, and kill whose their…and maybe 200 years from now, they will become the greatest nation on earth…but that is the future…i’m talking about the present.

during the present time of the american revolution, americans were dead wrong. same with the “palestinians.” we cannot determine what will come out of this. most believed that america wouldn’t last very long…

my point? the american revolution being wrong doesn’t make the second intifada right.

• My point? Revolution is a part of life. The Israelis are the corrupt leaders, the Palestinians the poor peasants. Speaking in pure history, revolution happens like this. Throughout history, something good comes out of Revolution.

• “My point? Revolution is a part of life. The Israelis are the corrupt leaders, the Palestinians the poor peasants.”

Yeah…arafat isn’t a corrupt war mongerer! The difference is that the israelis are tryng to defend their land. Britain was accross the ocean. Furthermore, the standard of living for palestnaians is better than that of ther neighbors.

• Arafat isn’t perfect, but unlike his neighboring leaders, he was elected. This means we have to deal with him. Shelling his headquarters doesn’t help the peace process.

Israelis defending their land? In 1948, it was the Palestinian’s land, but the Israelis came in with better weapons and American support and took it from them because their “ancestors” 2000 years ago lived there.

• "Arafat isn’t perfect, but unlike his neighboring leaders, he was elected. This means we have to deal with him. Shelling his headquarters doesn’t help the peace process. "

Far from perfect…he sponsors and permits violence…but hey he is doing his job pretty well. I give him this: yes he was elected. We have to deal with people all around the world, elected or not (who elected Al Sharpton???) You see, the Israelis isolated a leader conduction a “behind the scenes” war with israel…buying weapons, permitting attacks, and having attacks conducted. Now, personally I’m not sure if surrounding him in one room making him a step away from matyrdom is a smart thing to do, but i am no general, and nor do i know how intense Arafat’s network of violence was.

“Israelis defending their land? In 1948, it was the Palestinian’s land, but the Israelis came in with better weapons and American support and took it from them because their “ancestors” 2000 years ago lived there.”

Yanny, please read this: HUGE MISCONCEPTION. The jews ALWAYS LIVED IN THE MIDDLE EAST. OVer a million before israel became a state…they are a middle eastern minority in numerical terms. But they have been there, and always were. They were there before islam…Judea was a state before the seljuk turks conquered that part of the Byzantine Empire. So I believe during 600 hundred something AD, the jews were conquered (they always were) and were controlled by a different nationality (as always since the BC era.) Now, THAT DOESN’T MEAN JEWS WEREN’T ALREADY LIVING THERE! They lived peacefully until a little after Zionism came along. Now you see, the Arabs “aka palestinians”, lost WW1, and the British controlled “palestine.” Then the british wanted to give the jews something they want, a jewish homeland. That doesn’t mean that only jews can live there however, and remains that way till this day. Arab countries, wanting to increase their own borders, attack israel…so weren’t they trying to steal land that wasnt’ theirs?

IMO land doesn’t belong to any true nationality, and after ww2, when the big powers on earth carved up borders, we have to learn to deal with it. Plus the fact that the jews historically lived in that land, I don’t see how they stole it.

Jews from Europe immigrated to israel, and 800,000 throughout the middle east were forced that way, so a majority of jews live in the “jewish state.” I understand why israel doesn’t want Arab immigration…they don’t want to be taken over!

So Yannster, the jews didn’t live there 2000 yeasrs ago…they HAVE been living there SINCE 3500 years ago.

• Yannster, I like it.

Yes I know, at a time when Christians (because of the Crusades) were executed on sight, Jews were at least tolerated. But, there were far more Arabs living in Palestine.

• Not in palestine…not too many people lived there until Zionism grew, and the economy in the area grew with it…Arabs came looking for jobs there, and so lived there.

You don’t like the nick-name “yannster”? I can call you “yannay” or jsut plain “yanny” if you want :smile:

• Arabs lived all over. The ratio was 4 Arabs to Each Jew in 1948. Oh, and I like Yannster =)

• Arabs lived all over. The ratio was 4 Arabs to Each Jew in 1948.

• NP yannster!

Israel was going to be established, regardless of nationality…the arabs didn’t want jewish immigrationm from europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m