• Customizer

Ignore that last save. Was for a different game. I really need to put this away and work …

I can already see that this is going downhill for me, so I’m going to play risky (or reckless?)

• @jim010 I can’t see any save… But ok :)

• Customizer

I can’t leave planes in a sea zone even if I am going to build carriers there for them to land on?

• Customizer

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 armour and 2 carriers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            Trigger Japanese Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared  for rulesAttachment attached to Japanese
            1 submarine moved from 38 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 37 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to 37 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Manchuria to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            2 fighters moved from French Indo China to Philippines
            1 battleship moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                  Japanese take 35 Sea Zone from ANZAC
            1 armour moved from French Indo China to Kwangtung
                  Japanese take Kwangtung from UK_Pacific
            5 fighters moved from Kwangsi to Kiangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to Kiangsi
            1 bomber moved from Kwangsi to Kiangsi
            1 bomber moved from Kwangsi to Philippines
            5 artilleries and 12 infantry moved from Yunnan to Shan State
            1 armour moved from Buryatia to Ulaanbaatar
                  Japanese take Ulaanbaatar from Russians
            1 armour moved from Ulaanbaatar to Buyant-Uhaa
                  Japanese take Buyant-Uhaa from Russians

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 37 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 37 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 37 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 37 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 37 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Philippines
                Japanese attack with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship in Philippines, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Philippines, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Philippines, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Philippines
                Japanese win, taking Philippines from Americans with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
            Battle in Kiangsi
                Japanese attack with 1 bomber, 5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Chinese defend with 4 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 bomber, 5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in Kiangsi, round 2 : 4/7 hits, 3.83 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 4 infantry in Kiangsi, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Japanese and 4 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kiangsi
                Japanese win with 1 bomber, 4 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 fighter
                Casualties for Chinese: 4 infantry
            Battle in Shan State
                Japanese attack with 5 artilleries and 12 infantry
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 artilleries and 12 infantry in Shan State, round 2 : 5/17 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Shan State, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Shan State
                Japanese win, taking Shan State from UK_Pacific with 5 artilleries and 12 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 aaGun moved from Yunnan to French Indo China
            1 fighter moved from 37 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 37 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Anhwe
            1 artillery moved from Chahar to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Anhwe
            2 destroyers moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Philippines to Kwangsi
            2 destroyers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 36 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 36 Sea Zone to Japan
            1 fighter moved from 36 Sea Zone to Japan
            1 fighter moved from Jehol to Japan
            3 fighters moved from Jehol to 6 Sea Zone
            4 tactical_bombers moved from Jehol to 6 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from Kiangsi to 6 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Kiangsi to Kwangsi
            1 fighter moved from Kiangsi to Kwangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsi to Kwangsi
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery, 11 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Buryatia to Sakha
            4 tactical_bombers moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan
            2 transports moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            2 carriers placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 armour placed in French Indo China

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 44 PUs; end with 44 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans : -1.33
    Chinese : -0.33
    UK_Pacific : -0.33
    Japanese : 1.17

Savegame

• Customizer

Yup. Existing planes must land before build phase.

I am sorry I am not playing well.

• @jim010 no you can land your planes on carriers you just built. You just need to ignore the message and say end move phase. The planes will stay floating until you put in carriers. If you don’t put in carriers they die. If you didn’t buy any carriers they die.

• @jim010 you want me to edit something for you? Some Japanes planes out on Carriers instead of being on land in Japan, or? (I didn’t check the report)

• @jim010 ok I’m gonna play as is, then :) I changes quite a bit in the naval battle near Japan.

• Customizer

Idk … rules in the booklet are quite clear.

20200528_141330.jpg

• @Makalakalane

Oh yes it does indeed. Means I get wasted.

I’ll play it out and see if I get lucky.

• @jim010 you are reading it wrong… a ‘eligible landing space’ is also a seazone where you mobilize a newly purchased aircraft carrier. Trust me - I do it all the time. Let me know if you want me to edit anything. I just restarted my turn as I purchased wrong :D

• Customizer

In that case, yes, I want 4 more planes on those empty carriers.

Still. The wording is clear. It does state that the plane will be destroyed at the end of Noncombat Move phase.

• Customizer

While I admit that I always assumed it was legal, this proves otherwise. I wonder how many others on here are aware?

• @jim010 yes, if it cannot land in a ‘eligible landing space’. A seazone where you can mobilize newly bought Aircraft Carriers is a eligible landing space :) if you don’t chose to mobilize the carriers for some reason Triple A will destroy your planes after the monbilization phase.

• Customizer

Scratch that. I see a couple paragraphs up that I missed.

• @jim010 you had INSANE luck in this round. Submarine hitting 2 out of 2 1s in a battle against 1 fighter, 1 Carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 cruiser. Insane.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 3 artilleries, 2 fighters, 1 harbour, 3 infantry and 3 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Americans
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Western United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Western United States

Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger Americans Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared  for rulesAttachment attached to Americans
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine moved from 101 Sea Zone to 88 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 88 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                Italians defend with 1 submarine
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 88 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 88 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 88 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 88 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 88 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 88 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Americans and 1 submarine owned by the Italians lost in 88 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Americans: 1 submarine
                Casualties for Italians: 1 submarine

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 fighter moved from 88 Sea Zone to Suriname
            1 armour, 2 artilleries, 3 battleships, 5 carriers, 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 4 fighters, 3 infantry, 2 submarines, 1 tactical_bomber and 3 transports moved from 7 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Hawaiian Islands to 25 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            3 artilleries and 3 infantry placed in Eastern United States
            3 transports placed in 101 Sea Zone
            2 fighters placed in Western United States
            1 harbour placed in Midway

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 50 PUs; end with 50 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 60 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 65 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 70 PUs

Italians : 1.67
    Americans : -2.33

Savegame

• @Makalakalane said in Jim vs Makalakalane:

@jim010 you had INSANE luck in this round. Submarine hitting 2 out of 2 1s in a battle against 1 fighter, 1 Carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 cruiser. Insane.

Good. I need luck.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 4

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Suiyuyan
                  Chinese take Suiyuyan from Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Hopei
                  Chinese take Hopei from Japanese
            9 infantry moved from Shensi to Kweichow
                  Chinese take Kweichow from Japanese

Combat - Chinese

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Shensi to Burma

Place Units - Chinese
            2 infantry placed in Kiangsi

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs

Savegame

• Customizer

Tough little Italian. They will be remembered.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m