Wiz (X) vs Trulpen (L+6) G2 G40 OOB

• '20 '19

@trulpenplay I think I will call it here…can’t see any way forward tbh…Germanys income about to dive, Japan trounced. Well played…losing as axis to such a small bid in oob is a tad embarrassing to say the least.

Not really sure where I lost it…obviously russia gaining those extra NOs was a big changer, but not unsurmountable…japan squashed UKPAC but never recovered…any tips would be appreciated.

You should def be in the elite or M bracket, I feel fairly comfortable as a T1 but I cant see any way of beating you soon!

• Thank you for the game. It was a challenge.

I haven’t analysed it, but might have some impressions.

I think you simply should go with more force against Russia. It’s Germany’s top priority. Got got a nice swipe at the ME, even controlling Egypt, but as you saw Russia will simply be a monster very soon. And especially in OOB I believe Germany should just go all in taking Moscow out. It’s possible. Buy lots of fast-movers. Mechs is da shit.

Japan starts to crumble when they lose China. Getting Calcutta is great and one of the prime targets, but then Japan really have to continue containing the chinese pest. I think your first mistake was actually to take out Calcutta with lots of air causalties. That was the first step to losing the control of the Pacific. Then when you took out the allied fleet, it sure was fun, but Japan puts itself in a position where they will be out-mobilized. You could say that those were the two Pyhrrus victories for Japan. Great short-term effects, but precautios on the long-term.

Japan’s air force is it’s biggest asset.

Then in Europe Germany has full control of the ME and Cairo and is even expanding. The problem is the push from both east and west. Especially losing Norway and having US secure an outpost there is crucial. Germany should go to lengths not to let that happen. I also believe that you should’ve kept up the pressure on Moscow rather than running south with all that panzar.

A very positive aspect was the important italian can-openers. That was great play from you.

• '20 '19

@trulpen Im struggling with germany against top players tbh…if I concentrate all against moscow…as I have in my game against pejon, Uk dominates the ME, russia eventually retreats its stack to caucasus or NWP and with some uk inf and all allied air makes an unbeatable fortress. If I go south, take the ME and the NOs, Russia keeps alive and becomes too big to come back and get whilst also having egypt.

Unless an opponent makes a major mistake I cant seem to do it! More practice required lol

• '20 '19

@trulpen and japan I am hopeless with unless the allied player is very passive in the Pac…again…the choice seems to be to protect the DEI and phil, but not get calcutta, or get india but lose the ocean…

• @wizmark said in Wiz (X) vs Trulpen (L+6) G2 G40 OOB:

@trulpen and japan I am hopeless with unless the allied player is very passive in the Pac…again…the choice seems to be to protect the DEI and phil, but not get calcutta, or get india but lose the ocean…

Not quite. But you might have to be patient. Wait to take Calcutta until you can do it with overwhelming odds and not losing valuable units. Quite often just the threat of a wipe-out makes UK leave Calcutta for free. :)

• I think you simply rushed things a bit in that instance. Making that strike one or two rounds later would’ve saved you all that important air. I think so anyway. Japan out-produces UK-Pac by lengths.

• Then it’s also super-important to not let US get an edge on the ocean. Japan has a great strategy for that. It’s aircraft-carriers. There’s 19 air planes just drooling to nest on those suckers. And when you’ve built 7, you’re up to 10 and can easily start to produce more air, since Japan dominates the ocean and should have a very respectful income. If US really sets it’s mind on countering this, it means they have to go more or less 100 % Pacific for several rounds. That should mean a terrific help for the Axis siblings, so plenty is won by that.

• @wizmark said in Wiz (X) vs Trulpen (L+6) G2 G40 OOB:

@trulpen Im struggling with germany against top players tbh…if I concentrate all against moscow…as I have in my game against pejon, Uk dominates the ME, russia eventually retreats its stack to caucasus or NWP and with some uk inf and all allied air makes an unbeatable fortress. If I go south, take the ME and the NOs, Russia keeps alive and becomes too big to come back and get whilst also having egypt.

Unless an opponent makes a major mistake I cant seem to do it! More practice required lol

Like I said, Moscow is Germany’s top priority. If not possible to just knock Russia out in G5-7, which it should be in OOB, then the first step is to contain them and just let the ruskijs turtle in Moscow, like how it usually is in BM3. That’s fine. Germany gets 14 extra IPC from Stalingrad and Caucasus. That’s simply great. Controlling those areas and containing Russia likely gets Axis in a pretty favourable economic situation.

By this time Germany does however usually have to look out for the defence of the western front. I’d say most important is to prevent landings in Norway, preferably by controlling z112. Might not always be possible, and if the Allies get a foothold in Norway things usually gets pretty rough. There’s just so many threats created by for instance can-opening Denmark in order to sack Berlin. Germany gets plenty of defensive tasks and has to struggle a lot.

The next pesty landing is of course Normandie. Not as dangerous, but the Allies can usually control z110 and push in lots of troops there. Can get nasty pretty quickly.

The landing in Greece can be annoying, but is probably the least favourable for the Allies. Can be a stride up north though, so has to be handled with care.

Anyway, Germany has to get into position to pump up its income in order to keep things stable in both the east and the west.

• @trulpen said in Wiz (X) vs Trulpen (L+6) G2 G40 OOB:

Great short-term effects, but precautios on the long-term.

Didn’t mean precautious, but rather disastrous or fatal or dire.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m