Added another G40 version of my WWII details to include Shaded/Colored Axis territories and propaganda images. Both versions (Shaded territories/propaganda images OR without) can be purchased at Combat Miniatures (combatminiatures.org)
My G40 build
Hey everyone! Here are some photos of my G40 custom job. I built this to be relatable to all players and only added features to subtly enhance playability. Dress right dress and standardization were the order of the day.
List of features:
- NO MOLD LINES (all pieces were carefully sanded with sanding twigs)
- LOW COLOR NOISE (no special camouflage or distracting colors)
- Infrastructure replaced with actual pieces (all painted white)
- Capital ships have magnetized hulls to “carry” orange damage markers
- Aircraft Carriers are magnetized to “carry” aircraft
- Aircraft magnetized to flight stands using “pin drill” technique for perfect balance.
- Aircraft wear period correct decals for ease of spotting on the board (my exception to “color noise” reduction)
*8) Some units were replaced for historical accuracy. Used only AH or WotC pieces to maintain aesthetic integrity. (exc: China P-40, artillery)
Check out my YouTube customization series for more info:
Very Nice :+1:
This is brilliant work!
Nice, clean look! This is how FOlewnik and I started. Are you sure you’re finished? lol.
I love this look.Believe me I know we have taken our pieces to far,but after 30+years of being a professional painter they challenge me.Were I to start over I would go for this. Very well done.
That is some really nice work Aces! I love the simplicity! Very cool upgrade!
I’m very interested in doing the same thing. If you don’t mind me asking, what colors did you use for each nation?
@DMcLaren Hey thanks! Only with that version. Anniversary got the same treatment (kept it completely original) and currently tapping away at 1914. But I know what you mean. Once the bug bites…
@folewnik as a small time scale modeler, I very much admire your work. You have exceptional attention to detail so I thank you very much for this compliment.
@Ghoster Thanks! And that’s awesome! I think you’ll really enjoy the experience. I’ve been asked this several times now so I’ll just post it here and on YouTube:
Russia - TS-62 NATO Brown
UK - TS-46 Light Sand
USA - TS-28 Olive Drab 2
Germany - TS-6 Matte Black
Australia - TS-66 IJN Gray
Italy - AS-22 Dark Earth
the rest were bottle paints shot from an airbrush:
France - XF-18 (tamiya)
China - Interior Green mixed with some yellow
Japan - Model Master’s Italian Red mixed with Rust from the same company