1942 Second edition House Rules for a more interesting game.

• Ok thanks. I am new to the Axis and Allies online but I have been playing for a while. I’m trying to catch up since ya’ll are talking about stuff I don’t understand.

• @SS-GEN They all had AA guns… What some of them ‘FEATURED’ was AA platforms because they were designed to protect Carriers. Cruisers are long range ships used to protect them. Battleships had them but that was to protect themselves. In most cases , they could not keep up with carriers and needed their own protection. Destroyers only had room for smaller weapon systems,and also served carriers and battleships. If any one ship would have this attribute its the Cruiser

• Ok. Thanks. I’ll probably adjust my DD to no AA because they Defend normally against planes so that the AA platforms are part of there defense value. Increase Cruiser AA value and keep Battleship AA lower than Cruiser. Yes my Cruisers move 1 more than all other ships in game already.

• Why do your cruisers move more than your destroyers? Destroyers are the fastest ship in the game by far. I’m just confused. Some countries had that were cruisers were actually quite slower than their destroyers, and in some cases battleships.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Instead of putting in 3 different cruisers in game I combined all 3 types in one cruiser.
    This for guys in group not getting confused with extra pieces. With cruisers being the air attack defender they are able to get to some small fleets faster and or bigger fleet defense
    It works in my game. Most cruisers get bought in pacific.
    But now I’m going to raise the aa of cruisers to 2 instead of 1 and take away the destroyer aa all together.
    I will post up date in my game thread.
    I’m trying to do numbers crunch based on if cruiser aa goes up 1 there AD goes down 1 for losing gun turret for ships because they had extra aa stuff added to them.

Now you could have in your game with each countries pieces all cost different move different and etc. based mostly total historic accuracy. Most wont play that in global games based on to much different stuff for all.
    But 42 it would work because it’s on a smaller scale based on how much pieces are in game.

• Ok, that makes sense. I have been thinking about trying to write out a rulebook for different countries naval units, along with a naval event card deck. I think that I will mainly be focusing on the USAs’ and japans’ navies.

I’ve hosted 100 games now and play 39 40 41 42 games. So I’ve seen a lot of testing or playing or both.
    Like I may add in above NA chart for US fletcher destroyers with aa @1 bonus kill because they did come out when my game starts and also to counter Japan’s long lance torpedoes.
    You gotta play test !

• I love playtesting. My brothers hate playing anything but the original game, So, I have gotten used to playtesting alone and I enjoy it. I generally have to take notes to remember my changes though. By-the-way, if you have nay rules that you want playtested I would love to help. I play 1942.2 and occasionally revised edition, as well as Zombies and D-day.

• D day I use d8 dice. Gives allies better chance of winning and only use 1 set of cards not all 3.
    I got plenty of naval values and have tested many of them.
    Thanks

• Ok. That is a good idea with the d8. I have a D-day nut in my local group I should let him know about that.

Ya but every thing is raised +1 across the whole game for AD
    So far Allies 3-2
    But should be 4-1. Axis had 1 tank in coast city. Allies Didn’t bring enough troops.
    It was nice had allies attack St. lo on T4 or 5
    Added a few pieces to setup. 3 extra paratroopers and a few tigers late on card and AD@5 I think M1 only. Moved 3 block houses off coast on upper left side of map and put in 2 more against big US beachhead and other one against other US beach head.
    This is the map I use.
    Better take d day discussion to correct thread from now on
    DA6E0A3F-2E5B-4517-B1B4-BDFC48594DD2.jpeg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m