L20 AndrewAAGamer (Axis) vs max334 (Allies +30) Global 1940 2nd Ed OOB

• @max334 You performed an illegal move during the UK non-combat phase by flying the India fighter and tactical bomber to Syria; overflying Iraq. Per TripleA notes: (PE) You can not fly over unfriendly neutrals, unless they are being attacked or they have previously been attacked. Please correct via Edit and save a new file. The two planes may perform any other legal non-combat move you would like.

• @AndrewAAGamer Understood, but it makes for a less than friendly game. I don’t particularly like playing unyielding people, but we will see. I’ll just count this as strike one.

• @AndrewAAGamer We can just leave them in India. You can edit or I will on my turn.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 12:56:35 PM
    Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 12:57:46 PM
    Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 1:00:39 PM
    Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 1:13:32 PM
    Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

TripleA Move Summary: Germans round 1

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 1 destroyer, 1 marine, 1 submarine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
            2 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
            3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
            1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
            1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia

Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Ignore all that below…I’m also rusty on setting up a game

• @max334

Hi Max. I am sorry you feel that way. While I do not agree with your viewpoint I do understand it. I used to play online many years ago at AAMC and this actually was the reason I stopped playing there. Some players like to be loosey-goosey with their moves and ask for many edits. I personally will never ask for an edit. I figure if I make a mistake or forget to do something that is my fault. Why should I ask the other player to remove one of my mistakes? That is not fair to him or her. Since I never ask for an edit and other people did every time I granted one I felt taken advantage of. And when I did not agree to an edit the general response was the same as yours seems to be. I am the bad guy because I will not allow you to make a change that is not my fault; it is yours. Personally I do not think that is fair and I will admit it troubles me greatly. People tell me I am the nicest person they know. So why am I the “unfriendly” one and have a strike against me because I will not let you change something? That bothers me a lot too. I am not being unfriendly; I am just asking we follow the rules and have a level playing field.

While I agree that your request was a minor one as far as overall game play is considered the question is where do we draw the line? Do we allow edits to combat, purchases, within the same Power’s Turn or previous Power’s Turn? Do we allow any change as long as dice are not rolled? Or only before the other person has gone? What is allowed and what is not? Do I allow changes that are minor and do not affect game play, such as yours was, but not if it really affects game play? So I allow a move to be changed that I cannot take advantage of but I refuse an edit for a move that I can take advantage of? How is that fair? Does that not make me a hypocrite? Do I allow edits for people I play with that I like but not for people I do not like. People who are pushy get edits to shut them up where people who are nice about it do not get their edit requests granted? To me, it is important to be consistent and it is very stressful to have to make such emotional decisions.

I want to enjoy the game too without the emotional stress of edit requests. This is why on my original looking for a game post I put in the below. So hopefully what happened before at AAMC will not occur again are at Axis and Allies. I guess I needed to be more specific than what I said in my original post…

Looking for a Global 1940 2nd Edition OOB game. I guess I am tier 3 since this is my first game on this site and need 3 completed games to get a ranking.

Will be using League Rules as defined.

Perhaps this was not specific enough about my disinterest in doing any editing. I guess I need to add more detail as this is only my second game here at Axis and Allies and already I am having to face the emotional stress of “edit requests” again which I certainly do not enjoy and thus the length of my response to try and help you understand my perspective.

I have no interest in forcing you to play a game you will not enjoy. At the same time I want to be able to enjoy it too without any emotional stress. The idea is for both of us to enjoy some fun and competition.
    I see three possible options:

1. If you would like to null this game with neither of us gaining a win or a loss I am fine with that.
    2. Since perhaps you did not understand my desire to not play with edits I will allow this edit request this one time and going forward there will be no further edit requests. I will not ask for a tit for tat edit request down the road.
    3. We come to some agreed edit request rules and clarifications that we both agree with for this one game. If we both agree to the standards ahead of time than we are following agreed upon even rules and perhaps if I make an error I actually will ask for an edit request then.

Please let me know which of the above options you would like to choose or perhaps offer a 4th option.

Thanks! Andrew…

PS. I will say though I value my own integrity by following the rules and being a good citizen I can say at times I wish I could be more like you. I do not like all the stress that comes with following the rules however that is how I was raised and lived my entire life. Following rules and being fair is important to me. I wish I could, at times, let it go as easily as others seem to be able to do that. Take care.

• @AndrewAAGamer First, let me say thank you for your reply. I wholeheartedly agree with your position and think it could actually be fun playing you. By that I simply mean that I enjoy playing people that are focused, sincere and thoughtful. Your response reflects all that and more.
    Second, let me say that this is a game and only a game. I believe games should be played for fun. They should not create the kind of stress that you have spoken about. I want to have fun and I want you to have fun. Yes league play, the keeping of win/loss tally and all leading to tournament play is stress invoking. And I, like most other players, like to win and I, again like most, play to actually get wins and not just for the fun of moving armies around :).
    But let me get off my soap box… I’ve actually been a bad sport on a number of occasions or put in more realistic terms “a soar looser”
    Yes, edits are for the benefit of the player making the request and hence to the detriment of the opposing player. So in an intense game were the stakes are high or perceived to be high edits probably should not be allowed.
    I know I have much more to say on this matter, but I will hold for now as I want you to get my response ASAP. So for now let me just say that I do hope we can continue our game, but it really really must be under less stressful conditions. Pls consider allowing edits if no dice have been rolled.
    Cheers my good friend and its good to know that my initial thoughts of you were wrong.
    Thomas

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

@max334 …I just remembered that in my first few games I used to make edits without even asking. I mean they were just harmless ones that usually happened because I forgot a move or something. Maybe I clicked done before thoroughly checking everything and then later saw the mistake before the opposing player started their turn. That’s the other exception to editing. If your opponent has taken their turn an edit is usually not acceptable.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

@max334 … but, since then, I’ve learned to always ask for edits. So now I do, but then when they are not granted, I get upset. So my apologies.

• @max334

Thomas,

Apology accepted and thank you for understanding my position. We could get into a discussion about being careful before posting however that is another topic of discussion. :)

I too would like to continue playing so while not my normal style I will agree, for this game only, edits are allowed as long as they meet the following two conditions as proposed by you and agreed to by me:

1. As soon as a combat roll is made no edits are allowed from any phase previous to said combat roll.
    2. Once Opponent A has posted any portion of their Turn any possible edit(s) from Opponent B’s previous Turns are not allowed.

Based on these new and mutually agreed to conditions you may edit your UK non-combat move however you may not edit your US non-combat move since combat rolls occurred during the UK Turn.

Please make your edits, plus the India plane edits, and save a new file.

Thank you… Andrew

• @AndrewAAGamer …glad we have a preliminary understanding. I’m still concerned, however, that you are too tense. Not a reason for me to not continue our game, but it will be much better for us both if you’re less stressed. Please promise me that you will at least try to relax and I promise you that I will do anything and everything reasonable on my end to make this game enjoyable for you.
    I’ll make the changes, but let me tell you a joke…Two Marines are walking down the street when one of them spots a dog licking himself. One Marine says to the other, “man, I wish I could do that.”
    To which the other Marine replies, “no, you better not. That dog might bite you!”
    haahaahaaaaa :laughing:

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

5 Apr 2020.tsvg
    Did you like my joke?

• @max334 Yes. I liked your joke. :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 fighter; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 submarine moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
                  Italians take Alexandria from British
            1 armour moved from Alexandria to Tobruk
            1 destroyer moved from 95 Sea Zone to 93 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to 93 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to 93 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Albania to Yugoslavia

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 93 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters
                French defend with 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters in 93 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/0 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer in 93 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the French, 1 destroyer owned by the Italians and 1 cruiser owned by the French lost in 93 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 bomber and 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for Italians: 1 destroyer
                Casualties for French: 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 cruiser and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 cruiser
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 cruiser in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 cruiser in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the British lost in 96 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 cruiser and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for British: 1 cruiser
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Italians attack with 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry
                Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 3/1 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 2/1 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 2 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Yugoslavia
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 3 : 2/1 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 2 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Yugoslavia
                Italians win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Italians: 3 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            2 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 95 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 bomber and 2 fighters moved from 93 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            3 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy

Place Units - Italians
            1 fighter placed in Southern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 9
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,6,4,3,6,3
            Italians collect 2 PUs (9 lost to blockades); end with 2 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : -0.17
    British : -0.50
    French : 0.17
    Neutral_Allies : 0.67

Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to Sumatra
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 62 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java
                  ANZAC take Java from Dutch
            1 cruiser moved from 63 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from New Zealand to Queensland
            1 fighter moved from New Zealand to Western Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 14 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 19 PUs

Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Tunisia to Libya
                  French take Libya from Italians

Combat - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Morocco to Algeria
            1 infantry moved from Algeria to Tunisia
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to Algeria
            1 infantry moved from French West Africa to French Central Africa
            1 infantry moved from Southern France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 destroyer moved from 72 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 2

Game History

Round: 2

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 armour and 12 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Holland Belgium to 97 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Western Germany to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from France to Southern France
            2 artilleries moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 mech_infantry moved from France to Southern France
            1 mech_infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 mech_infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 armour moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Holland Belgium to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 armour moved from France to Southern France
            1 mech_infantry moved from France to Southern France

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 97 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 bombers, 4 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters
                    Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 4 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers in 97 Sea Zone, round 2 : 6/0 hits, 6.00 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters in 97 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/1 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British, 1 cruiser owned by the British, 3 fighters owned by the Germans, 2 fighters owned by the British and 1 carrier owned by the British lost in 97 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 4 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 26
                Casualties for Germans: 3 fighters
                Casualties for British: 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters
            Battle in Southern France
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 mech_infantrys in Southern France, round 2 : 2/1 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 artillery in Southern France, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Germans and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in Southern France
                Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
                Casualties for French: 1 artillery
            Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 3/0 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 1/0 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Germans, 2 infantry owned by the French and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from French with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
                Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 armour moved from France to Southern France
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            3 armour moved from France to Germany
            3 artilleries and 8 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
            1 cruiser moved from 113 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 111 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 97 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 aaGun moved from Holland Belgium to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 aaGuns moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
            2 armour moved from Western Germany to Poland
            1 armour moved from Romania to Poland
            6 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Romania
            1 aaGun moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            1 aaGun, 5 artilleries and 20 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            3 tactical_bombers moved from 97 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            2 bombers moved from 97 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 submarine moved from 106 Sea Zone to 121 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            3 armour and 7 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            5 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 42 PUs; end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Germans : 0.67
    British : 0.50
    French : 0.67

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m