• What good house rues would you use to add to the game. I’m creating such a file…

Tech developments
    New units
    Possible scrambling
    new scenarios 1940, 1941, 1944?
    amphibious invasion restrictions
    neutrals
    leaders

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I’ve always been a fan of adding Paratroopers and Air Transports to A&A.

Paratroopers attack increases to 2 when dropped into a battle by Air Transport.

Attack 1(2*) Defense 2 Move 1 Cost 4 (*Attack 2 when dropped into battle)

Air Transports allow for the quick movement of quick movement of Infantry, Paratroopers, and whatever other Elite Infantry units that may be in your game. For the most part, treat this unit similar to a naval transport, excepting faster movement, different cost, smaller capacity, and requirement to finish turn on land.

Attack 0 Defense 0* Move 6 Cost 8 Can Carry 1 Infantry, Paratrooper, or other Elite Infantry units (*Just like regular naval Transports, Air Transports are defenseless and cannot be taken as a hit as long as any other defending unit remains. When moving over enemy territory, Air Transports may be shot at by AAA and taken as a casualty during an attack. If an Air Transport is shot down, whatever unit it was carrying is lost in addition to the Air Transport.)

-Midnight_Reaper

• So your advocating an air transport plane?

I prefer allowing airborne infantry dropped no further than 1 space from your own land forces, limited by # of Bombers. Therefore, a bomber can still perform any of its duties.

You also cannot have more than 6 at any one time and you can promote 1 infantry per turn max as airborne by paying 2 ipc.

In combat they fire at 3 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 1 any remaining rounds.

In game you designate them with HBG badge placed under unit.

Other units:

Volkstrum units: Once Russia takes any areas adjacent to Germany proper, the German player may build a number of Volkstrum equal to a D6 each turn at the cost of 2 IPC each. They attack /defend 1/1 move 1

Russian Conscripts/Cadre units: same as Volkstrum, but Germany needs to recapture West Russia to activate start of production.

Of course adding Fighter-Bombers ( nobody called them “tactical bombers except harry Larris”)

Mech infantry with the following rule change: They may “tow” one artillery each so they move 2 spaces. ratio is 1to1

Panzer Grenadiers: 2-3 units, move 2, cost? limit 6 at one time

Soviet Shock Army: Combined Arms: any 2 armor units, you get one free roll of 3 or less. up to 6 on board at any time

Waffen SS Panzer Corps: Combined Arms: any 2 armor units, you get one free roll of 4 or less. up to 6 on board at any time

V-1/V-2 Cost 2 IPC each available starting turn X. These are USABLE rockets. They fire and you need to buy more. Procedure: buy them at 2 ipc each place within 2 spaces of where you want them to target, roll D4 result is damage in IPC, limited to total IPC of space they are attacking ( Attacks on UK is limited to 8 IPC)

Battle Cruiser: 4-4 move 2 ( one hit only) cost?

Light Carrier CVL 1 fighter capacity 0-1-2 units cost?

Marines: Japan and USA can build up to 6 marines each. They are designated from regular infantry, but attack at 2 for duration of combat…not keen on this, but they should be represented.

• @Imperious-Leader said in 1942.2 House Rules ...:

So your advocating an air transport plane?

I have been advocating for air transports for years: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/30629/classic-paratrooper-and-air-transport-rules-for-classic

@Imperious-Leader said in 1942.2 House Rules ...:

I prefer allowing airborne infantry dropped no further than 1 space from your own land forces, limited by # of Bombers. Therefore, a bomber can still perform any of its duties.

You also cannot have more than 6 at any one time and you can promote 1 infantry per turn max as airborne by paying 2 ipc.

In combat they fire at 3 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 1 any remaining rounds.

In game you designate them with HBG badge placed under unit.

My link above has my thoughts on paratroopers. I don’t want to steal your thunder, so I’ll just direct people there if they want to read it.

@Imperious-Leader said in 1942.2 House Rules ...:

Other units:

Volkstrum units: Once Russia takes any areas adjacent to Germany proper, the German player may build a number of Volkstrum equal to a D6 each turn at the cost of 2 IPC each. They attack /defend 1/1 move 1

Russian Conscripts/Cadre units: same as Volkstrum, but Germany needs to recapture West Russia to activate start of production.

Of course adding Fighter-Bombers ( nobody called them “tactical bombers except harry Larris”)

Mech infantry with the following rule change: They may “tow” one artillery each so they move 2 spaces. ratio is 1to1

Panzer Grenadiers: 2-3 units, move 2, cost? limit 6 at one time

Soviet Shock Army: Combined Arms: any 2 armor units, you get one free roll of 3 or less. up to 6 on board at any time

Waffen SS Panzer Corps: Combined Arms: any 2 armor units, you get one free roll of 4 or less. up to 6 on board at any time

V-1/V-2 Cost 2 IPC each available starting turn X. These are USABLE rockets. They fire and you need to buy more. Procedure: buy them at 2 ipc each place within 2 spaces of where you want them to target, roll D4 result is damage in IPC, limited to total IPC of space they are attacking ( Attacks on UK is limited to 8 IPC)

Battle Cruiser: 4-4 move 2 ( one hit only) cost?

Light Carrier CVL 1 fighter capacity 0-1-2 units cost?

Marines: Japan and USA can build up to 6 marines each. They are designated from regular infantry, but attack at 2 for duration of combat…not keen on this, but they should be represented.

I like this set of units. As for Battlecruisers (CC)s and Light Carriers (CVL)s, I’d sell CCs for whatever cost you are using for BBs (CCs were expensive things, which is why so few were ever built). CVLs I’d sell for the cost of Cruisers, maybe Cruiser cost +1 IPCs. The CVLs the US built were modified Cruiser hulls with flat decks on top.

That’s my 2 IPCs,

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Imperious-Leader https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/34909/1942-second-edition-house-rules-for-a-more-interesting-game/44

Here is my latest file I know that it was seen before but anyone looking at this post for rules may be interested.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m