Questions & Comments for Young Grasshopper

• @CaptainNapalm said in Questions & Comments for Young Grasshopper:

Hi, YG. Any thought of allowing the alliance to pick its fortune of war breakthrough, rather than relying on a D6 roll?

If you want to bring some unknown into it, you could do a D6 die roll, AFTER picking which one they want, and the die roll would determine whether it went into effect the following turn, or not for 2 turns.

I don’t like the uncertainty, so just throwing that out there as a possible compromise, if you see the value of the D6 and uncertainty.

To expand on my last reply, here are the updated Russian NOs…

SOVIET UNION:

Military Advancement - 10 IPCs
    The Soviet Union controls 3 of the following 4 territories: Finland, Poland, Slovakia Hungary, and/or Romania

National Prestige - 5 IPCs
    There are no Allied units on any originally controlled Russian territories (must be at war with the European Axis powers)

Lend Lease Archangel - 1 Artillery
    The Allies control London, and Russia controls Archangel (Russia must be at war with European Axis powers, free artillery unit to be placed in Archangel)

Lend Lease Caucasus - 1 Artillery
    The Allies control Persia, and Russia controls Caucasus (Russia must be at war with European Axis powers, free artillery unit to be placed in Caucasus)

Lend Lease Amur - 1 Artillery
    The Allies control San Francisco, and Russia controls Amur (America must be at war with Japan, free artillery unit to be placed in Amur)

• Hello YG,

First, your passion for this game is awesome. Always keep it up!

Second, I was wondering if you planned to have your board available for sale at any point again (either through HBG or some other seller).

Cheers!

• @kalzedar Thanks for the comments… what is it specifically you mean about “my board for sale”, not sure what you mean simply because a great deal of what I share has always been for free.

• @kalzedar Sorry, but that project is on hold… I’ll ask Doug at HBG to bring it down, right now I’m 100% focused on my 2021 tourbament.

• @Young-Grasshopper All right no problem. I saw it when I was browsing the site and thought it looked really cool. Best of luck with your tournament prep

• Hey YG,

I saw the updated tourney rules and it looks to me like you addressed my concern above, right on! No DOW or act of war until beginning of round 3 combined with the minor IC in Calcutta until war is genius. The other tweaks (China mobilization, Dutch Island Rules, NOs, Breakthroughs) are genuinely exciting as well.

My buddy and I haven’t played in a bit, and will be trying to utilize the new rules when we pick it back up (hopefully soon). I was just wondering about the map. I use the OOB boards unfortunately, are the spaces themselves going to be changing on the tourney map?

Thanks for all you do!
    Stay safe!

• Sponsor

@SeaZone91 Hey SZ91, Thanks for the comments… I think we’ve got a nice mix of advantages vs. disadvantages concerning this new UK Pacific nation. The oob game board will work just fine if you plan to play these rules, and I should have the map file up again in a couple weeks, but to answer your question about the map file… there are no spaces modified, added, or removed from the oob board. Cheers

• In your tournament rules for G40, one of your Allied Victory Tokens is for “diplomacy: controlling all pro-allied territories on the map”.

If the Axis were to attack a single strict neutral, all of the strict neutrals become “pro-allies”. Would the Allies then need to make diplomatic relations with all of them (Mongolia, Mozambique, Afghanistan etc) in order to get that token?

I get that it might not happen often. But in a game where ties go to the allies (due to attrition), I can see circumstances where this will have to be answered.

• @newzealandnich no, but that’s a great point that will need clarification… so all pre-game pro-neutrals (or something like that).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m