• Having a discussion with some other players about retreating after combat. The rules state that the attacker can retreat after any round of combat. If the combat ends in victory can you decide to retreat at the end of that round of combat or are you forced to move and take that territory?

• Manual say :“If you win a combat as the attacker in a territory and you have 1 or more surviving land units there, you take control of it”.
    for me, the word “there” close the discussion.
    bye bye

• @Maffezza said in Retreat after Winning Combat:

ombat as the attacker in a territory and you have 1 or

Perfect thank you, do you know what section that is by the way

• Sure.
    i have axis& allies europe & pacific 1940 2° edition.
    You find it at page 20 under Step 7. Conclude Combat

• @Maffezza said in Retreat after Winning Combat:

axis europe & pacific 1940 2° edition.
    You find it at page 20 under Step 7. Conclude Combat

Do you have the wrong subform?

For Global 36 3rd edition

9.4 Retreats from Combat: Attacking units may retreat at the end of any combat round. This retreat is in lieu of making their next round of Attack rolls. A player who choose to retreat must retreat with all their units in that battle. Retreated units cannot be moved again in non- combat movement.

• Well the global war rules are based loosely off g40 so i take some stock in that. However it does seem by the global war 36’ rules that it is possible. I am inclined to take the rules at face value in the rule book unless someone can point me in another direction. It changes the game’s strategy quite a bit but until I can find it to be completely broken I am willing to go with it.

• '19

You cannot retreat with land units after winning a combat.

"This retreat is in lieu of making their next round of Attack rolls. "

If you have no next round of Attack rolls, how do you expect to do anything in lieu of it?

• Fair enough - that nails the coffin for me. It was just confusing because its not stated explicitly in the land combat sequence. Thanks for the help!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m