• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

The League Rules seem pretty clear on some points regarding setting up the game and gameplay:
    4) Game & rules - The default rules are the published G40 2nd edition rules, Regular Dice (also known as ADS or Actual Dice Server), No Technology, and Bidding to determine sides.

4a) The default game rules may be modified by agreement of both players. Low Luck or Tech, with or without Tech Tokens, is allowed if you and your opponent agree prior to bidding. Balanced mod (see stickied League section thread for Balanced Mod rules) or any other ruleset using G40 is likewise allowed if agreed by players

4b) Bidding - Bidding is normally used to ensure that both players are satisfied with the side they are playing. Bidding is not required - whatever the players agree to, for mutually satisfactory rules and starting conditions, is allowed.

Default settings for bidding:

1. Limit one bid unit in a territory or sea zone.
    2. The nation placing a unit in a territory or sea zone must have started with a unit in said territory or sea zone prior to placing the bid.
    3. China is limited to bid units of: Infantry, Artillery and/or Fighters (the units China is legally able to purchase or start the game with.) These units are still limited to movement/placement restrictions of Chinese units.
    1. You may not go back to previous phases/turns of the game and make changes without your opponent’s permission.

Simple enough for those items described. BTW based on number 9 if a Player forgets to move a piece during a Phase that is unfortunate however it is the same for both sides so that is fair… so be careful and double check before pushing that button I guess is the catch phrase. :slightly_smiling_face:

However what I do not see is how to handle TripleA error mechanics. We all know TripleA does not follow the rules exactly and some Player Enforced (PE) rules must be followed. How are any PE errors handled via League Play?

Does an entire Phase get redone if there is a PE error or just the specific error itself?

Example 1: J1. Japan attacks SZ62 with the fighter from SZ33. Then Japan moves the aircraft carrier to a battle in SZ26. TripleA allows this however it is not allowed per the rules. Would the ENTIRE J1 combat move need to be redone or only battles in SZ26 and SZ33? If only those two battles are redone may Japan only modify the incorrect moves or redo the entire two battles as long as any units used in those two battles were not already moved during the Combat Move Phase? If so may the attacks be cancelled completely?

Example 2: During the Non-combat phase a Power blitzes through a Friendly Neutral that was not previously attacked the same Turn it was captured. Is the ENTIRE Non-combat Phase redone or just the piece(s) used in error?

Example 3: A Power conducts an amphibious assault from an allied transport and there are no other combat units to protect that transport and the defender can scramble. Is the transport(s) and related cargo destroyed or is the Player allowed to rescind the move? If so are they allowed to use them in a new battle not already declared?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I just want to make sure before I begin any play that I understand how the rules work to avoid any conflict.

• '19 '17 '16

Short answer: In all cases it is up to you and your opponent to try to agree on a fair outcome. If you cannot agree, you can always seek a ruling from Gamerman01.

Longer answer: (1) Is tricky because it involves unwinding rolled dice. In this case, it may be fair to do a full re-roll which is in theory always something that the defender can ask, but a ruling can always override this.

(2) Should be straight forward. Just change the incorrect NCM.

(3) Attacker will notice the scramble box before any dice are rolled. You can just crash the session and start again (load autosave even). You can’t do that in a lobby game though.

But in all cases refer to the short answer.

• Thanks @simon33 for the response. This is a bit more loose than I would have preferred though I guess it is what it is.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m