• Is it possible for the Axis to take out the USA early?

• '18 '17 '16

They are allowed to. Try it out and let us know how it turns out.

• @GeneralHandGrenade Will do. I’m doubtful it will be successful though, but who knows.

• It’s not the same game at all, but I think that when playing A&A 1941, that taking Washington is easier than taking London as the second capital for the Axis win. Like taking Moscow, taking Washington is something both Germany and Japan can work together on. Attacking London is hard work, and it can be very difficult to get sufficient Japanese forces in place to help.

But yes, in GW 36, that doesn’t sound like a winning strategy to me.

-Midnight_Reaper

• From what we have gathered it seems that Japan would not have any issues if they launched from the Marshall Islands. This would give the Japanese the ability to take out the whole western sea board as well as Hawaii. The European Axis on the other hand would have a harder go, in fact if Germany only buys boats and the US just does tech rolls its next to no chance. With what we factored in Germany would have had to have landed with 5 transports and no marines, just plain infantry. The odds are against you. Furthermore, you’d have to also contend with Ottawa to your north as well as any lend lease. So, short answer as far as we can tell is no, its possible on one side but the other side there’s too many factors, everything has to go right. And you need both sides for this to work. In our test rolls with just German navy we figured that you had a 10% chance of making it to the landing stage. We had Italian forces declaring war on their turn and going from the Azores and hitting New York and Ottawa.

This plan also called for full intervention in the Spanish Civil War on both Germany’s and Italy’s sides, declaring war on Russia so that Germany could use the Spanish naval base, the attacking of Ottawa which requires war with the Commonwealth, and Japan would have to on the second round of the attack take the Panama Canal to move their ships into the Atlantic to fight the Brits and French on the third round of the attack. All this and it has to be finished in around 3 to 4 turns and you can’t take a counter attack because you don’t have the troops and won’t be getting any reinforcements, save Japan if they have a Tokyo Express Shuck set up. Oh and you have 4 turns from the start of the game to buy what you need, and two turns after that to set up the attack, and you can not as the Axis do anything that will take money from you or give extra money to the Allies, for example: attacking China, or attacking neutrals.

This also requires that nobody smells the rat and blocks it, which of course you could commit to the Spanish Civil War as the European Axis, or go for Sealion in response. Japan could instead go for ANZAC.

All this and you have to factor in different play styles, this would all change for example if it was a greedy British Player over an aggressive one, or a tech focused US over a defense and invasion focused one.

So as far as we can tell this is more than likely to end in disaster. Would not recommend trying it as it will make for a short game.

On another note, this is doable in A&A Global 40. This happened to me when I was first getting into the game and I didn’t believe that anyone would try it so I had left myself open. Broken Mortar managed to take Washington because I had not defended my territories well enough… LESSON LEARNED… I was able to take it back as the Brits but by that time the damage was already done.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m