[1941] Technology also possible?

• Hi there,

topic says it all: Is there any possibility to do so? What I am reffering to can be seen in this video at 2:13 here.

Does anybody know whether this would be possible?

Thanks in advance!

Bye

• @Reth What is exactly your question? Of course you can invest IPCs in technological bereakthroughs. Just read the rule book :)

• Since the “normal” version of A&A 1941 (from Wizards of the Coast) does not have the technology at all I was wondering how this could be incorporated into that game (since the normal game does not have the tech card etc.)!

Meanwhile I found this one which can be applied to the “normal” game too. But I also read that technology would not work out such good in either variant … ?

• @Reth
    First of all in “your” game you can do whatever “you” and your friends want. I don’t see there any problem. If it has to be “balanced” you either play the original rules (which should be balanced) or playtest your optional rules thoroughly.

In our gaming club we have a lot of house rules. AAA used against tanks. The development of nuclear bombs, PTboats, Tiger Tanks, Atlantic Wall, attack on neutral states and other stuff like what if Pearl Harbor never happened or Operation Barbarossa etc.
    For us it works - for you it may not. Do whatever you like :)

• Reth.

Reload that link. Not working now. Wanted to check it out

• Link updated.

• @fantasticfan said in [1941] Technology also possible?:

In our gaming club we have a lot of house rules. AAA used against tanks. The development of nuclear bombs, PTboats, Tiger Tanks, Atlantic Wall, attack on neutral states and other stuff like what if Pearl Harbor never happened or Operation Barbarossa etc.
    For us it works - for you it may not. Do whatever you like :)

This sounds really interesting! Is there any chance you could make these rules public somehow?

• @Reth As you might have noticed I am not a native speaker. Our rules exist only in German. The rules for Italy changing sides (Aniversary Version) we have already posted. Others will follow soon. :)

• @fantasticfan said in [1941] Technology also possible?:

@Reth As you might have noticed I am not a native speaker. Our rules exist only in German. The rules for Italy changing sides (Aniversary Version) we have already posted. Others will follow soon. :)

Oh! No, I did not recognise that. But this is absolutely perfect since I am German too! :relaxed:

• @Reth Trifft sich ja hervorragend :D But since this is an English speaking forum we will continue in English okay? (At least as good as we can) Just send me a pm and I will send you everything we have got so far. But YOU have to decide which rule you want to implement and which not. Worth trying and fun are all of them :)
    Liebe Grüße aus der Steiermark

• @fantasticfan Allerdings! :grin: Since I could not (yet) find a PM function I started a chat with you (hope this works too).
    Greetings from Schwabenländle

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m