BOOM! G40BM3 Karl7 Axis +6 vs Gargantua and Canuck 12 This is for the 1st Born!

• Nobody asked me for my opinion, but when has that ever stopped me. How I would have resolved this dispute:

First, from the text of league rules, it is obvious that the right to reroll is NOt absolute. If it were absolute, there would be no need for the language about involving a moderator. the way Cannuck wants to interpret the guidelines would render the “moderator” language mere surplusage. And thats not sound textual interpretation.

Second, it is clear form the text that a moderator’s decision may supercede a defender’s right to require a re-roll where, as here, there is an indication that the right is being invoked in bad faith. In this case, the moderator is being called upon to decide the good faith of the request. (An unenviable position)

I think there is substantial support for the conclusion that this reroll is being sought disingenuously. Cannuck began the argument, NOt by claiming that he would have requested a scramble if asked from the outset, but by invoking past “favors” he paid to the other side, by claiming he was “owed one,” and by insisting that his “right” was absolute in any event. I think Adam, in his gut, senses that the request is pure gamesmanship, but doesn’t want to call it out as such.

Also I would note that Karl offered a compromise that would honor the original roles, while giving Cannuck the putative benefit of denying bombard (i.e., the ability to roll an additional unit for several rounds of battle). the fact that this compromise was reject further underscores the conclusion that Cannuck isn’t interested in stopping bombard: he’s interersted in better dice for the entire battle. Surely if the battle had gone favorably for Cannuck, he would NOt be making this request. League rules shouldn’t be utilized to game the system in this manner.

• @regularkid said in BOOM! G40BM3 Karl7 Axis +6 vs Gargantua and Canuck 12 This is for the 1st Born!:

Nobody asked me for my opinion, but when has that ever stopped me. How I would have resolved this dispute:

First, from the text of league rules, it is obvious that the right to reroll is NOt absolute. If it were absolute, there would be no need for the language about involving a moderator. the way Cannuck wants to interpret the guidelines would render the “moderator” language mere surplusage. And thats not sound textual interpretation.

Second, it is clear form the text that a moderator’s decision may supercede a defender’s right to require a re-roll where, as here, there is an indication that the right is being invoked in bad faith. In this case, the moderator is being called upon to decide the good faith of the request. (An unenviable position)

I think there is substantial support for the conclusion that this reroll is being sought disingenuously. Cannuck began the argument, NOt by claiming that he would have requested a scramble if asked from the outset, but by invoking past “favors” he paid to the other side, by claiming he was “owed one,” and by insisting that his “right” was absolute in any event. I think Adam, in his gut, senses that the request is pure gamesmanship, but doesn’t want to call it out as such.

Also I would note that Karl offered a compromise that would honor the original roles, while giving Cannuck the putative benefit of denying bombard (i.e., the ability to roll an additional unit for several rounds of battle). the fact that this compromise was reject further underscores the conclusion that Cannuck isn’t interested in stopping bombard: he’s interersted in better dice for the entire battle. Surely if the battle had gone favorably for Cannuck, he would NOt be making this request. League rules shouldn’t be utilized to game the system in this manner.

Correct!

• @Gargantua said in BOOM! G40BM3 Karl7 Axis +6 vs Gargantua and Canuck 12 This is for the 1st Born!:

@Adam514 haha!

Then you have not read Karl’s Book :) - “The Rum and The Fury”, or slept under the same roof during back to back to back warfare over many weekends, or faced losers privilege, or benefited from the bowels of of his deprecious psyche, intellect, and disingenuous tactics.

No Sir… you have not.

At least… Not yet! :)

Start with the book. Aye a worthy read.

Slander!

• @Karl7 @regularkid
    Let me give you a timeline of events:

First the direct:
    At 11:29 pm I text my ally - we will scramble 1 at Queensland if he goes all in.

At 7 or 8 am the following day there is a dawn strike where no option for us to scramble is given. Starting this debate.

There is 0 denying that the plan to scramble is genuine. It’s offensive sir that you call us disingenuos when there are advantages to Karl’s assumptions we have no control over.

Now the indirect:

A few turns previous Karl played the same gambit in the Mediterranean and in the words Karl7 not a week ago “You can’t change scramble after known dice”

So what would you have me do sir?E8ACCE2C-A452-48FC-B38B-BC2474A0C8E0.png

And @regularkid with Karl already knowing we are sensitive to scrambles / why would he do this to us again? If it wasn’t disingenuous?

• @Gargantua said in BOOM! G40BM3 Karl7 Axis +6 vs Gargantua and Canuck 12 This is for the 1st Born!:

@Karl7 @regularkid
    Let me give you a timeline of events:

First the direct:
    At 11:29 pm I text my ally - we will scramble 1 at Queensland if he goes all in.

At 7 or 8 am the following day there is a dawn strike where no option for us to scramble is given. Starting this debate.

There is 0 denying that the plan to scramble is genuine. It’s offensive sir that you call us disingenuos when there are advantages to Karl’s assumptions we have no control over.

Now the indirect:

A few turns previous Karl played the same gambit in the Mediterranean and in the words Karl7 not a week ago “You can’t change scramble after known dice”

So what would you have me do sir?E8ACCE2C-A452-48FC-B38B-BC2474A0C8E0.png

And @regularkid with Karl already knowing we are sensitive to scrambles / why would he do this to us again? If it wasn’t disingenuous

Haha… try as you may, but assuming no scram on a scram that was objectively not right is a far cry from that other battle.

Using scram to unwind a battle is opportunistic

• @regularkid for your benefit. The tactile PROOF of our intentions prior to all this business!

Somehow people keep flossing this over and implying we are the dishonorable party!

Outrageous!

75D602E7-61D4-4D6B-82EB-D218E1DFD5D8.png 5B0DCE68-A461-43EA-BEAD-7E3AA600C250.png

• For whatever reason the first image isn’t showing right, but if you click the link it’s there.

If not here it is again.F9E8AF85-7838-4385-AE1F-1A15E4A0D886.png

• @Gargantua

Whelp, thats pretty conclusive. In light of this new evidence, it appears, if given the opportunity, they would have requested scramble based on a mistaken, but sincere belief it was the right thing to do. Insufficient evidence of bad faith appearing, i would grant their request for a complete re-roll of the battle.

• And do I need to remind everyone…

THIS IS FOR THE FIRST BORN.

so a lot on the line here!

• @regularkid you are now and for shallevermore be SUPERkid

Or TURBOkid if you prefer.

Thank you sir for seeing through the lies and deception of the axis! :)

• @regularkid said in BOOM! G40BM3 Karl7 Axis +6 vs Gargantua and Canuck 12 This is for the 1st Born!:

@Gargantua

Whelp, thats pretty conclusive. In light of this new evidence, it appears, if given the opportunity, they would have requested scramble based on a mistaken, but sincere belief it was the right thing to do. Insufficient evidence of bad faith appearing, i would grant their request for a complete re-roll of the battle.

Ha, irrelevant. They would have scrammed even if it hurt them? Yeah, I don;t think so. Their ploy here is pure opportunism.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7

The battle calc is conclusive that scram was worse. It’s that simple. They are claiming reroll ONLY TO UNWIND AN UNFAVORABLE BATTLE

• @Karl7 wow you must think I’m that good. Masterminded it the day before. Just so I could flaunt some text images.

LOL.

I read your book Karl! I know your secrets!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 20

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 20

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 4 fighters and 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 3 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 armour moved from Kwangtung to 20 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 2 transports moved from 20 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 35 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from 55 Sea Zone to Northern Territory
            1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 armour moved from Shan State to 37 Sea Zone
            2 armour, 1 infantry and 2 transports moved from 37 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            2 armour and 1 infantry moved from 55 Sea Zone to Northern Territory
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 56 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            1 destroyer moved from 54 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 55 Sea Zone to Queensland
            4 fighters moved from 56 Sea Zone to Queensland
            11 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Northern Territory
                Japanese attack with 3 armour and 3 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 fighter
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 armour and 3 infantry in Northern Territory, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 fighter in Northern Territory, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in Northern Territory
                Japanese win, taking Northern Territory from ANZAC with 3 armour and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Americans: 1 fighter
            Battle in Queensland
                Japanese attack with 17 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 2 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 3 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 factory_minor, 3 fighters, 1 harbour and 4 infantry; Americans defend with 1 bomber and 10 fighters
                    AA fire in Queensland : 0/6 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships in Queensland, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 17 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Queensland, round 2 : 20/26 hits, 13.50 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 aaGuns, 3 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 bomber, 13 fighters and 4 infantry in Queensland, round 2 : 12/24 hits, 12.67 expected hits
                    11 fighters owned by the Japanese, 3 armour owned by the ANZAC, 1 mech_infantry owned by the Japanese, 4 infantry owned by the ANZAC, 3 artilleries owned by the ANZAC, 2 aaGuns owned by the ANZAC, 9 fighters owned by the Americans and 1 bomber owned by the Americans lost in Queensland
                    Japanese roll dice for 6 fighters, 1 infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Queensland, round 3 : 7/14 hits, 7.67 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 4 fighters in Queensland, round 3 : 2/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 3 fighters owned by the ANZAC and 1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in Queensland
                Japanese win, taking Queensland from ANZAC with 6 fighters, 1 infantry and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 58
                Casualties for Japanese: 11 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 aaGuns, 3 armour, 3 artilleries, 3 fighters and 4 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 bomber and 10 fighters

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            2 carriers moved from 56 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            3 destroyers moved from 56 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers moved from 20 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Shantung to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Anhwe to Kiangsu
            2 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to Kiangsu
            1 fighter moved from Japan to Kiangsu
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Anhwe
            3 aaGuns, 6 artilleries and 13 infantry moved from West India to India
            5 armour, 3 infantry and 9 mech_infantrys moved from Burma to India
            1 armour moved from Yunnan to India
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 54 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 55 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 55 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 41 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Queensland to 55 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 54 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 54 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 54 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            3 infantry placed in Shantung
            3 infantry placed in Kwangtung
            Japanese undo move 2.
            3 infantry placed in India
            1 fighter and 2 infantry placed in Kwangtung
            1 fighter placed in Japan
            2 fighters placed in French Indo China
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 55 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 41 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 45 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 53 PUs; end with 53 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Philippines: 2 bombers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Japan: 2 bombers
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 55 Sea Zone: 3 fighters
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 55 Sea Zone: 2 tactical_bombers
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 54 Sea Zone: 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Japanese owned units to: carrier = 1
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Queensland: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Queensland: 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 54 Sea Zone: 2 fighters
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 55 Sea Zone: 2 fighters
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Japan: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to French Indo China: 1 fighter
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 55 Sea Zone: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 55 Sea Zone: 1 tactical_bomber
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 54 Sea Zone: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 54 Sea Zone: 1 tactical_bomber
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Kiangsu: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Kwangtung: 1 fighter

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

ANZAC : -2.00
    AA fire in Queensland : : -1.00
    Japanese : 5.50

Savegame

@Adam514 and that’s where you nailed it Adam.

And exactly where I get suspicious.

The most likely outcome was a VERY close battle, one where every hit will count, and slying slipping in the bombards for 2 extra hits to maximize the possible attack (not defense) was the issue!

There is a temporal component too.

2 possible hits round 1 is better than 3 possible hits over 3 rounds. Because of “dice denial”. IE if my men are dead today they don’t get to roll tomorrow.

Wow Joel, that is just FALSE. And you know it. The scram was worse under any permutation.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 20

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Americans buy 2 airfields, 1 artillery, 1 destroyer, 3 fighters, 4 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            1 marine moved from Iwo Jima to 17 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 marine moved from 17 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                  Americans take 6 Sea Zone from Japanese
                  Americans take 17 Sea Zone from Japanese
                  Americans take 19 Sea Zone from Japanese
            1 marine moved from 19 Sea Zone to Jehol
            2 infantry moved from Iwo Jima to 17 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 17 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 19 Sea Zone to Shantung
            2 fighters moved from 16 Sea Zone to Shantung
            1 marine moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 marine moved from 26 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 6 Sea Zone to Korea
            1 submarine moved from 30 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from 26 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from Normandy Bordeaux to 92 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 92 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium
            2 fighters moved from Greece to Persia
            4 transports moved from 102 Sea Zone to 64 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 109 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 110 Sea Zone to 88 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 battleship owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6,3,5
            Battle in Jehol
            Battle in Korea
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Americans attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                Americans win, taking Jehol from Japanese, taking Korea from Japanese, taking Holland Belgium from Germans with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Shantung
                Americans attack with 2 fighters and 2 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Shantung, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 infantry in Shantung, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Shantung
                Americans win, taking Shantung from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                Casualties for Americans: 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 3 infantry
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 5 fighters
                Germans defend with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    Americans roll dice for 5 fighters in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Germans, 1 carrier owned by the Germans, 3 fighters owned by the Americans and 1 cruiser owned by the Germans lost in 92 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 3 fighters
                Casualties for Germans: 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
            Battle in 49 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 3 fighters and 1 submarine
                Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 3 fighters in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 49 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 3 fighters and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer
            Trigger Chinese Destroy Factories Shantung Americans: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Chinese in Shantung

Non Combat Move - Americans
            3 fighters moved from 49 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Shantung to 19 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 16 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 92 Sea Zone to Southern France
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern France
            2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            7 bombers moved from Western United States to Marianas
            2 fighters moved from 26 Sea Zone to Marianas
            1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 submarines moved from 17 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 17 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 16 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 17 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            4 submarines moved from 17 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 16 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            1 airfield placed in Marianas
            1 airfield placed in Java
            1 destroyer and 1 transport placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 fighters and 1 infantry placed in Western United States
            3 infantry placed in Normandy Bordeaux

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 66 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Trigger Americans 7 North Africa Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs
            Trigger Americans 6 Western Europe Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 78 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 88 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 93 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 98 PUs

Germans : 2.50
    Americans : 5.67
    Japanese : 0.67

Savegame

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 20

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Guerilla Szechwan: Chinese has 1 infantry placed in Szechwan
            Trigger Chinese Guerilla Chahar: Chinese has 1 infantry placed in Chahar
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Anhwe
            4 infantry moved from Hopei to Anhwe

Combat - Chinese
            Chinese creates battle in territory Szechwan
            Chinese creates battle in territory Chahar
            Battle in Anhwe
                Chinese attack with 5 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys; Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 5 infantry in Anhwe, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Anhwe, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Anhwe
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Anhwe, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys in Anhwe, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Anhwe
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Anhwe, round 4 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Anhwe, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Anhwe
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Anhwe, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour in Anhwe, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Anhwe
                Japanese win, taking Szechwan from Japanese, taking Chahar from Japanese with 1 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                Casualties for Chinese: 5 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 2 mech_infantrys

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Chahar
            1 infantry moved from Sikang to Szechwan

Place Units - Chinese
            2 infantry placed in Jehol

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 12 PUs; end with 13 PUs

Chinese : 1.00
    Japanese : 1.00

Savegame

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

TripleA Turn Summary: UK_Pacific round 20

Game History

Turning on Edit Mode
            Americans buy 2 airfields, 1 artillery, 1 destroyer, 3 fighters, 4 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode

Combat - Americans
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 battleship owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6,3,5
            Battle in Jehol
            Battle in Korea
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                Americans win, taking Jehol from Japanese, taking Korea from Japanese, taking Holland Belgium from Germans with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Shantung
                    Americans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Shantung, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 infantry in Shantung, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Shantung
                Americans win, taking Shantung from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 5 fighters in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Germans, 1 carrier owned by the Germans, 3 fighters owned by the Americans and 1 cruiser owned by the Germans lost in 92 Sea Zone
            Battle in 49 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 3 fighters in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 49 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Americans win with 3 fighters and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
            Trigger Chinese Destroy Factories Shantung Americans: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Chinese in Shantung

Place Units - Americans

Trigger Americans 7 North Africa Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs
            Trigger Americans 6 Western Europe Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 78 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 88 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 93 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 98 PUs

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed

Combat Move - Chinese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Anhwe
                Germans defend with 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys; Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 5 infantry in Anhwe, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Anhwe, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Anhwe
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Anhwe, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys in Anhwe, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Anhwe, round 4 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Anhwe, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Anhwe
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Anhwe, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour in Anhwe, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                Japanese win, taking Szechwan from Japanese, taking Chahar from Japanese with 1 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4

Place Units - Chinese

Turn Complete - Chinese

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 2 bombers and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            4 armour, 14 artilleries, 25 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Persia to West India
                  UK_Pacific take West India from Japanese

Combat - British

Non Combat Move - British
            1 mech_infantry moved from Morocco to Tunisia
            1 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Yugoslavia
            1 artillery moved from Albania to Yugoslavia
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Syria to Persia
            3 aaGuns moved from Eastern Persia to West India
            3 armour moved from Persia to West India
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to 81 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Egypt to 81 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 81 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 79 Sea Zone to West India
            1 marine moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 fighter moved from Egypt to Persia
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Persia
            1 cruiser moved from 99 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 5 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern France

Place Units - British
            3 tactical_bombers placed in Persia
            2 bombers placed in Iraq

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 47 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Trigger British 3 No Enemy Submarines: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 50 PUs
            Objective British 4 Control Convoy Lanes: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 53 PUs

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific

Japanese : 1.67

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I just happened upon this thread and while I have nothing to do with this game I thought I would add my 2 cents. I apologize if I am breaking an unwritten rule by commenting on someone else’s game.

Per League Rules: Bold added by me.
    8 - Allowed Assumptions during gameplay - The purpose of assumptions is to reduce the number of game stoppages for opponent decisions (scrambling, casualty choice, intercepting, submerging, kamikazes). Because you are assuming a decision for your opponent, the opponent must always be given the benefit of the doubt, and moderators will always decide in this manner.

8a - Scrambling/intercept/submerge/kamikaze assumptions - When you make an assumption, you are accepting the risk that your opponent will disagree after seeing your turn. If your opponent takes issue with an assumption, you should come to an agreement about how to handle it. If you don’t agree, then the defender can require that the entire combat phase be re-rolled from the beginning. Or, you may seek a moderator ruling.

Based on the way I read this a reroll is not mandatory as a moderator could override that decision. However it seems to me the onus is always on the attacker. The attacker is taking the risk that the defender may ask for a reroll based on how the dice came across. You are giving the defender the opportunity to have a second reroll by bypassing asking for a request. If the attacker takes that risk they then should not complain when the defender asks for a reroll.

Determining intent of the defender, arguing what is the right or wrong play ,seems to not be included in the rules and the right to reroll, IMHO, should always be granted. The attacker should never have the right to force the defender to do something they may not have wanted to do even if what they wanted to do was the wrong thing to do.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

TripleA Turn Summary: UK_Pacific round 20

Game History

Turning on Edit Mode

Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode

Combat - Americans
            Battle in Jehol
            Battle in Korea
            Battle in Shantung
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
            Battle in 49 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans

Purchase Units - Chinese

Combat Move - Chinese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Anhwe

Place Units - Chinese

Turn Complete - Chinese

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 2 bombers and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            4 armour, 14 artilleries, 25 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Persia to West India
                  UK_Pacific take West India from Japanese

Combat - British

Non Combat Move - British
            1 mech_infantry moved from Morocco to Tunisia
            1 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Yugoslavia
            1 artillery moved from Albania to Yugoslavia
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Syria to Persia
            3 aaGuns moved from Eastern Persia to West India
            3 armour moved from Persia to West India
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to 81 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Egypt to 81 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 81 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 79 Sea Zone to West India
            1 marine moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
            1 fighter moved from Egypt to Persia
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Persia
            1 cruiser moved from 99 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 5 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern France

Place Units - British
            3 tactical_bombers placed in Persia
            2 bombers placed in Iraq

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 47 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Trigger British 3 No Enemy Submarines: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 50 PUs
            Objective British 4 Control Convoy Lanes: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 53 PUs

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific

Japanese : 1.67

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m