• '19

1. I’ll likely eventually use HBG’s rules for the Swordfish and Ju-87G pieces.

2. I’m considering using HBG’s Anti-tank acrylic marker to make an Anti-tank unit. Same attack, defense, and target select as a tank destroyer in V3, cost 4, move 1, towable by Motorized. Might skew attack/defense values further in favour of defense if it proves too cost effective relative to tank destroyers.

3. Flak Towers: Unsure of cost/build time yet. Can only be built in cities. Add +2 to all AA rolls and act as a supplemental fortification, granting +2 defense to all land units for an additional round if a normal fortification already exists.

4. LVT-A amphibious tank for USA using HBG’s rules.

I’m currently at work, if I remember to do so when I get home I’ll dig out HBG’s rules for some of these and update the post.

• @RellHaiser

I’m definitely using the sword fish rules. I quite like them. What are the JU87-U rules?

I like your Anti tank unit. I would make them weak on the Attack though. Like A:2 D:5 M:1 $:4 with the target select. Got to make them worse than Artillery on the attack. But other than that I quite like the idea.

Your Flak tower idea seems solid too. Maybe 2 turns to build and cost 6 or maybe 8? But only make them Available in like July '41 or Jan '42 to stop them being spammed out.

• Anti tanks should be C4 M1 A3 D3 pick target. Pick target at 5 is way to strong. Build 2 a turn only.
    They were also weak on defense if they broke down or damaged. Didn’t have the turret to defend its self.
    Art should be A4 D4 anyway. IMO

• @SS-GEN

Well the current Tank Destroyer is A:3 D:4 M:2 $:5
    Target select 1-3 Vehicle Class. Which I think is fair enough. Especially as it doesnt come with Blitz. (I did think it was A&D 5).

An Anti-Tank (Artillery) unit should have similar stats. But obviously M:1, it should also cost 4, and be towable.
    I think then it would be a pretty solid defensive unit.

• '19

@Dran-Black The Ju-87G is A7, D5, M4, C13
    Available January 1943, target-select 1-5 vs. vehicle class.
    In return for being that much better than a normal tactical bomber against ground targets they’re unable to hit ships, or use ordnance from those expansions.

I like your two turn Flak Tower build time as I think they could be built in 6 months IRL but only by using pretty much all the concrete that was available. So Flak Tower cost and built time at 4/4 I think. July 1941 availability sounds good too.

@SS-GEN I had no intention of increasing anti-tank’s target select from 3 to 5, only the raw defense value, but I think your criticism is fair. How about A2, D4, M1, C4, target select either a) stays at 3, or b) increases to 4 but only works on defense?
    And of course towable by Motorized.

• @RellHaiser

I like the Target select only on defence.
    It simulates the hidden/fortified positions that AT guns work best from.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Miss understood anti tank art with tank destroyer. Also was in no way criticizing. I always base my pieces on cost for punch.
    I see 2 ways to go.
    Art C4 M1 A3 D4 can tow & boost inf +1 on A
    2.25 3.00
    Anti-tank Art C4 M1 A2 D3 can tow & D hit can pick target only
    1.50 2.25
    Tank Dest C5 M2 A3 D4 can pick 1-3 class motor
    1.44 1.92
    As I see the Tank Destroyer is a little weaker on attack. But some will disagree.
    Should the Tank Destroyer be stronger on attack (A4) ?
    But if you keep attack the same then maybe boost Inf +1 on A for all 3 pieces.
    They were used to support Inf too.
    Also make this piece blitz able ?

or for me
    Art C4 M1 A4 D4 can tow & boost Inf +1 on A
    3.00 3.00
    Anti-tank Art C4 M1 A2 D3 can tow & AD hit goes toward a motorized unit. Boost Inf +1 on A only
    1.50 2.25
    Tank Des. C5 M2 A4 D4 AD hit goes toward a motorized unit. Boost Inf +1 on A only.
    1.92 1.92

Anyway just thoughts. We do have the above stats in game but no Anti-tank Art and we use the SPA
    and Tank Dest as 1 piece for now.
    SPA C5 AD4 M2 AD hit goes toward a motor unit first. Can Blitz.

• @SS-GEN

I’ve been using the Stats for TDs, Artillery, and SPAs in the Global 36 v3 rules.

They do have separate SPA and TD units available for most nations. I like the Hummels and Stugs myself.

I think that the AT artillery would be formidable enough with just A:2 D:4 M:1 C:4 Target Select Vehicle 1-3 on defence. Hell, 1-2 TS would be decent enough.

I think if you give the TDs and ATA the +1 inf support then you’ll squeeze the regular Artillery and SPA out of the game a bit. Otherwise I reckon it’s a fairly decent defensive unit.

What do you guys think about Armoured Cars/Recon Units?
    I’m working on using ACs in the game.
    They will have the stat profile of Cavalry but will move 2 in Desert terrain (instead of mountain), cost 4 IPP, can pair with other vehicles to allow them to move 2 in desert, and pair with Armoured units to blitz in the desert.
    Also, if they havent/wont use either of these abilities, they may give a +1 to the opening strike of Artillery and SPAs.

• '19

That Armoured Car idea seems decent. I too would like to implement them, but I kind of struggle to find an interesting/fun way to differentiate them either from Cavalry or from Light Armour.

• @RellHaiser
    That was the same trouble I was having but after they introduced Cav moving 2 in mountains and brought Desert terrain in, it seemed like the appropriate way to go.

Armored Car
    C4 A3 D3 M2
    Can only kill Inf, Armored Car, Mech and L. Tanks. 1-2 series ?
    D3 is for radio, reconnaissance and helping with enemy info getting back to commanders.
    No need to boost a piece.
    Its a nice C4 unit that fits in.

Calvary
    C3 A2 D2 M2

• @SS-GEN
    Why only kill Inf etc? Other units dont suffer the same limitation?
    What is 1-2 series?

What I meant was can kill anything from a light tank on down to an inf.

1/2 means no higher than light tank

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m