• Is it a known issue that Axis and Allies 1942, Second Edition Setup Cards and Rulebook say Germany has 40 IPCs at starting while the map gives them 41? (And the UK at 30 vs 31?) Used the search function on the forums to see if this is a known issue but came up with nothing relevant. (Sorry if this is well known.) Thanks

• @kennethofborg said in Germany with 41 IPC, not 40?:

Is it a known issue that Axis and Allies 1942, Second Edition Setup Cards and Rulebook say Germany has 40 IPCs at starting while the map gives them 41? (And the UK at 30 vs 31?) Used the search function on the forums to see if this is a known issue but came up with nothing relevant. (Sorry if this is well known.) Thanks

In my unofficial personal opinion, every time you have anything like that, you can really safely assume the map is right, as that is the main element of the game.

Anyways, yes, this is a Frequently Asked Question, for which there is an official Errata:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/AA1942_2ndEdition_FAQ.pdf

Though, since both 40 and 30 are round numbers, I’m really curious if the game-makers just misscounted, and they actually intended giving totaly 40 and 30, but they gave 1 more, in total, on the map? Well, here it is a question I doubt it is going to be answered…

• Thank you. Odd that this has not been ‘fixed’ and games still go out with setup cards with the 40 and 30 IPC values.

I noticed this as I am coding a calculator for the game to run on personal computers. This calculator will allow you to select a map territory, change the ownership on a dropdown menu and automatically update national IPC totals. This is still a work in progress. I hope to save gamers from keeping up with the national production chart on the game board or doing it on paper.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

This is the forum for 1942 1st edition. In that game, Germany has 40 IPC as their base income, as the map is 1:1 with Revised.

In 1942 2nd Edition, the problem you are describing exists. The reference cards say 40/30 for Germany/UK while the true values are 41/31.

• I have now moved the topic to the correct category.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m