axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Move Summary: Americans round 5

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 4 fighters and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 bomber moved from Eastern United States to Morocco
            2 infantry and 1 marine moved from Brazil to 86 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            5 bombers moved from Gibraltar to 97 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from New Zealand to 47 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 86 Sea Zone to 87 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 4 transports moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from 109 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 91 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            2 destroyers moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 87 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            1 carrier moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

I was wondering why you didn’t defend Rome. Bugger - that’s kind of depressing.

Anyway, I don’t see too much alternative to attempting this. Scramble from London or Rome?

• @simon33 said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

I was wondering why you didn’t defend Rome. Bugger - that’s kind of depressing.

Anyway, I don’t see too much alternative to attempting this. Scramble from London or Rome?

no scrambles

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 5

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 4 fighters and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 bomber moved from Eastern United States to Morocco
            2 infantry and 1 marine moved from Brazil to 86 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            5 bombers moved from Gibraltar to 97 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from New Zealand to 47 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 86 Sea Zone to 87 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 4 transports moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from 109 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 91 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            2 destroyers moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 87 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            1 carrier moved from 91 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 47 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 47 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
            Battle in Morocco
                Americans attack with 1 bomber, 1 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry
                Italians defend with 1 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 1 cruiser in Morocco, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Morocco, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Morocco
                Americans win, taking Morocco from Italians with 1 bomber, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
            Battle in 97 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 5 bombers
                Italians defend with 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                1 submarine owned by the Italians Submerged
                    Americans roll dice for 5 bombers in 97 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 97 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians, 1 transport owned by the Italians, 1 cruiser owned by the Italians and 1 bomber owned by the Americans lost in 97 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 4 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Casualties for Americans: 1 bomber
                Casualties for Italians: 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 transport
            Battle in United Kingdom
                Americans attack with 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 5 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 1 airfield, 10 artilleries, 1 factory_minor, 2 fighters, 1 harbour, 3 infantry and 3 marines
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in United Kingdom, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 5 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 tactical_bomber in United Kingdom, round 2 : 7/15 hits, 6.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 10 artilleries, 2 fighters, 3 infantry and 3 marines in United Kingdom, round 2 : 5/18 hits, 6.67 expected hits
                    6 artilleries owned by the Germans, 3 infantry owned by the Germans, 3 infantry owned by the Americans and 2 artilleries owned by the Americans lost in United Kingdom
                    Americans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 5 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 marine and 1 tactical_bomber in United Kingdom, round 3 : 5/10 hits, 4.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 4 artilleries, 2 fighters and 3 marines in United Kingdom, round 3 : 6/9 hits, 3.67 expected hits
                    4 artilleries owned by the Germans, 3 fighters owned by the Americans, 1 infantry owned by the Americans, 1 artillery owned by the Americans, 1 marine owned by the Americans and 1 marine owned by the Germans lost in United Kingdom
                    Americans roll dice for 1 armour, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in United Kingdom, round 4 : 2/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 marines in United Kingdom, round 4 : 2/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Americans and 2 marines owned by the Germans lost in United Kingdom
                    Americans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 tactical_bomber in United Kingdom, round 5 : 1/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters in United Kingdom, round 5 : 1/2 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans and 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans lost in United Kingdom
                    Americans roll dice for 1 armour in United Kingdom, round 6 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in United Kingdom, round 6 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Americans lost in United Kingdom
                Germans win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -22
                Casualties for Americans: 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 5 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 marine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for Germans: 10 artilleries, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 3 marines

Non Combat Move - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : 0.67
    Italians : 0.83
    Americans : 2.83

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

Close but no cigar. I’ll post.

Close but no cigar. I’ll post.

ok good game

even if you got it, you’re pretty much doomed in the pac

• Hawaii would fall next Japanese turn, and FIC is easily defended too. then india would easily fall shortly after

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah, I think I may have been dead quite early on. I don’t see what I could have done which might have worked from the UK2 DOW. Ignore Germany on London? Not great.

I’ve had some bad experiences attempting probably half arsed 2 stage Sea Lions. My memory is that UK built too many troops but I don’t think I had 10 TTs. I wonder how different it would have been if I’d have claimed Eire UK1? 5 bombers might have had a landing spot after hitting SZ110. Or perhaps only a single inf would have been needed to take that.

Thanks for the game. Might need a rest from being smacked by you.

Yeah, I think I may have been dead quite early on. I don’t see what I could have done which might have worked from the UK2 DOW. Ignore Germany on London? Not great.

I’ve had some bad experiences attempting probably half arsed 2 stage Sea Lions. My memory is that UK built too many troops but I don’t think I had 10 TTs. I wonder how different it would have been if I’d have claimed Eire UK1? 5 bombers might have had a landing spot after hitting SZ110. Or perhaps only a single inf would have been needed to take that.

Thanks for the game. Might need a rest from being smacked by you.

Ok good game. I was expecting you’d first take Eire this turn, then set up for an attack next. So that your bombers could join the attack. But don’t think that’d make any difference as japan wouldn’t be stopped.

• '19 '17 '16

That’s why your transports were out of range for the retake of London then? I thought i needed to take advantage of that. If I had have taken Scotland, you would have seen me coming and made sure to have your transports in SZ113/SZ112, with a fleet in SZ112 to prevent blocking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m