• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I’ve never found a satisfactory one for the Allies not to liberate France. Capital cash once helps but the loss of 3 USA units a turn doesn’t seem worth it if it’s still back and forth for ownership.

I was thinking give Germany 5 bucks a turn after rd 8-10 ? until France is liberated. 4 bucks for France and their 12 bucks worth of dudes plus the 5 seems as if it might be enough incentive for the Allies. Especially if you use the no cash twice. Idk

Any ideas people have used that they like ?

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

In the much hoped-for next edition of the Larry Harris tournament rules or a new Wizards game edition, this needs to be corrected. The “playable nation” thing is one-sided and actually disadvantageous to the Allies. America needs more cash and/or Russia needs more men. I wouldn’t give Germany more money, though I see your point. I don’t like giving money in general. I think you get a morale boost which results in more enlistments or neutrals joining your cause. Exept America, which needs more money.

However, given the current system, I would say America 10 dollars for America when she liberates. This is the same amount the Russians get when they capture Berlin. Yes to no cash twice and only the cash from the capital territory.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Barnee, is this thread about a NO for controlling Normandy or If Paris is Liberated ?
    Is crockett saying if US controls Normandy they receive 10 icps for Normandy NO ?
    This has potential. But for me a NO should have resources on territories.
    I’m assuming Normandy has a IC, air and naval bases ? It also supplied grain.

I’m assuming the IC in Normandy is not destroyed on any capture.
    France does not collect income for the territories they or allies own once Paris is liberated ?
    I always felt a captured minor IC should be destroyed and a major reduced to a minor IC but can’t be upgraded unless its
    a Capital that has been liberated only.
    We have one time once Paris is liberated it gets 4 inf, 1 Minor IC and collects income for territories it still owns, allies own and
    any Vichy territories with no ground troops. ( left empty )
    When you take Paris back make sure you can hold it. It should be that way.

Crockett said Russia needs more men. Ha we don’t want to go there.
    Here I would make it no allies aloud in Russia period and give Russia lend lease with chart and now you drop the bid and
    those UK Anzac figs that need to go to Moscow to hold can be used else where. Ideas

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Thanks for the replies. Hmm… that might work. Give the USA more dough when France is liberated as opposed to more for Germany when it’s not. They’d probably want to make sure they could hold it or at least trade it. I don’t really see anything wrong with that though. Ten bucks a turn is a nice incentive, still, 3 dudes a turn is as well. As usual a person would just have to test it. I’ll probably make both as options.

Yea Gen it’s about not liberating France so the USA can keep building at the minor factory in Normandy. Majors already auto destruct to minors when captured and can’t be upgraded to majors again unless you’re the original owner.

Having minors auto destroy after conquered would work too but would have a larger impact on the game. Not sure it would be a bad thing necessarily. Would impact Germany the most probably. Since they have the advantage that might be worth checking out.

USA in Normandy and then Japan in India would also be affected. Hmm… might be worth adding as an option when I get back to working on the House Rules mod.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

The title is a little misleading because, I think, Barnee you are saying that in the current meta it is more beneficial for the US to NOT liberate Paris. Therefore I said 10 dollars for US once ie the Russia/Berlin bonus.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I would love a scorched earth, destroy the minors optional rule. I love that Nightengale games has a few optional rules in the back of the book for War Room and just came out with two more. One of which is no foreign troops in Russia until they move up the stress wheel. Good precedent.

• @SS-GEN Lend lease chart. That, if done right, could balance G40 and encourage German sub production by itself.

• What is a stress wheel and lend lease chart?Are we talking about G40?

• @ampdrive stress wheel is war room. I’m excited that we are getting official optional rules

• @crockett36 and want official optional rules for aa

• @crockett36 said in Global 40 Objective for Normandy:

The title is a little misleading because, I think, Barnee you are saying that in the current meta it is more beneficial for the US to NOT liberate Paris. Therefore I said 10 dollars for US once ie the Russia/Berlin bonus.

Yea I didn’t word it very well but that’s what i meant. I don’t think a one time payout of ten bucks is enough to give up the factory. Ten a turn is probably too much though. I think I’m gonna combine the two and give USA 5 bucks a turn when France is liberated and require a USA land unit to be present and starting rd 10 Germany gets 5 bucks a turn if it isn’t.

That should give the Allies a chance to have a beachhead and produce some dudes before Germany gets extra dough. I’ll add the auto minor factory destroy as well. Have to clean up some stuff on oztea’s 1939 and then I’ll do it.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

You’re the guy that codes all that stuff? Can I say thank you enough?

• Ya. Mostly. We talk back and forth on some stuff and my game and then he maybe try’s it in his play testing and or tweaks it to d6 and plays it if I’m correct. He has many idea tests himself.

• @crockett36

well idk about all : ) Yea I just try and make people’s houserules playable with triplea so that others might be more inclined to try them. Usually people just talk about it and never really try them. That’s why I respect the General so much, he actually tries stuff instead of endless discussion.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Well, this is the place for me. Thanks again.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I hate to ask again but where do I find Taamvans house rules.

• @crockett36

2)Option taamvan Changes the control of Novgorod, Volgograd, Russia Objective to 3 PUs for Germany. Control of Caucasus is also reduced to 3. Also adds a Fighter to Russia and a Armor to Urals.

I’m not sure but he may have updated it with a slight change. You’d have to ask him.

On triplea it’s “Global 40 House Rules” under “Experimental” in map downloads. Works with the “Canada Mod” too. Activated in “Map Options”.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

superduper

• @barnee said in Global 40 Objective for Normandy:

@crockett36

2)Option taamvan Changes the control of Novgorod, Volgograd, Russia Objective to 3 PUs for Germany. Control of Caucasus is also reduced to 3. Also adds a Fighter to Russia and a Armor to Urals.

I’m not sure but he may have updated it with a slight change. You’d have to ask him.

On triplea it’s “Global 40 House Rules” under “Experimental” in map downloads. Works with the “Canada Mod” too. Activated in “Map Options”.

I like where Taamvan added the Russian fig and tank. Its a good start.

• @SS-GEN
    yea, I’ve never actually tried it. I will one day though. I’ve seen several people that have and it seemed to get positive feedback. Only minor changes for a sizeable impact should make it attractive to oob players I would think.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m