• Hey Folks!

It’s that time of year again, the drought for Southern California is officially over! Well, convention drought that is; can’t do anything about the lack of rain ;) . Strategicon starts back up in exactly one month (02/14-17) with Orccon and the dice get rollin! Come join us at the LAX Hilton for 2+ days of A&A tourney fun starting setup around 9am on 02/15.

We typically run 8 team tourneys, but would love to get more people. All rounds are played on any mutually agreed upon A&A game board (if a board can’t be agreed on, defaults are G40 Europe 2ed for preliminary rounds and G40 global 2ed in the final). Prizes are awarded for 1st and 2nd place. Once you arrive, head on up to the wargames room (there are lots of directional signs from registration) and either mill about the A&A tables or ask for Tim, Dale, or Luke (me) and we’ll get you hooked up. I just got my order of @Young-Grasshopper’s battle dice and am so itching to try them out.

FYI, ignore the fact that A&A isn’t listed on the schedule. It’s been run 3 times a year since 1984 and isn’t about to stop now (the tourney coordinator is just a massive procrastinator, but an otherwise wonderful dude ;) ).

If you can’t make it this time, there are two more opportunities this year with Gamex (05/22-25) and Gateway (09/4-7). Would love to see you there!

www.strategicon.net

• '22 '21

@BobbaRossa Looks like A&A Still don’t get the proper Respect it richly deserves by not putting it on the Marquee schedule, BTW it must be something in the water of you Californy folk having A&A Conventions constantly every year- us MidWesters don’t get anything close to that here!!!

• Its because the guy who runs it didn’t meet the deadline to relist it as an event, or he was hedging his activities in case he wasn’t going to host it and instead playing another game. Ask him

• This looks like lots of fun! I live in SoCal so if I’m not too busy that weekend I’ll come check it out.

• They play 1942 .2 and in the final global. ON Friday at 12 noon they play other AA types of games

• @Imperious-Leader said in Strategicon 2020:

They play 1942 .2 and in the final global. ON Friday at 12 noon they play other AA types of games

While 1942 .2 is certainly an option, I’ve never seen it played in the tournament. It’s mostly 1940 and anniversary, but I did play revised the first time I went (~10 years ago :P ) Official rule for boards is: All rounds are played on any mutually agreed upon A&A game board (if a board can’t be agreed on, defaults are 1940 Europe 2ed for preliminary rounds and 1940 global 2ed in the final).

And it is officially on the schedule now! Coordinator finally submitted the paperwork ;) .

• @655321 said in Strategicon 2020:

This looks like lots of fun! I live in SoCal so if I’m not too busy that weekend I’ll come check it out.

That’s great! Would love to have you!

• @BobbaRossa

Is it A&A 1942 SE that is played? Are there tournament rules that are followed?

Rules like this?

http://smo63.fatcow.com/pdf/19422ndEDrules5302013.pdf

• Not sure but the guy said 42.2 is default game if players disagree on game. But if they agree, any AA game can be played but i don’t think Global is played until the final on Sunday. ON Friday The War Game: World War Two is often played or another.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m