• Welcome back, you Ann Coulter-chanelling woman, you ;) :D.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You know, I think Canada would have been better then Georgia.

Yes, I was stuck at good old Fort Benning - Home of the Infantry and also, airborne, rangers, and yes, Officer Candidate School…blech!  hehe.  14 weeks of gruelling activities and what-not.

And yes, the roaches are large, but the fire-ants eat roaches for hors’de’vors before eating soldiers!

BTW, CC: I’m headed to Toronto soon.  Where in Canada are you at?  (Let me guess, if it’s Toronto you’ll be taking a vacation somewhere else, eh?  wink wink nudge nudge*.)  Heheh, just kiddin.

Thanks for the warm welcome home!

• @Jennifer:

You know, I think Canada would have been better then Georgia.

Yes, I was stuck at good old Fort Benning - Home of the Infantry and also, airborne, rangers, and yes, Officer Candidate School…blech!  hehe.  14 weeks of gruelling activities and what-not.Â

And yes, the roaches are large, but the fire-ants eat roaches for hors’de’vors before eating soldiers!

BTW, CC: I’m headed to Toronto soon.  Where in Canada are you at?  (Let me guess, if it’s Toronto you’ll be taking a vacation somewhere else, eh?  wink wink nudge nudge*.)  Heheh, just kiddin.

Thanks for the warm welcome home!

So you have been “away”.  And now come back and say you want to go to another country!?

Do you know who won the world series this year?!

NO!  (only on an axis and allies forum does that joke make sense).

She’s a witch!  Burn her! (and I love monty python)  :-D

• So sorry that you had to do so much time in Ft. Benning.  I was stuck there for a YEAR… non-stop, no leave.

Glad you made it out of there :-)

And welcome back to the boards.

• I don’t live in To - it’s about a 2+ hour flight from where i live. 
    Have fun tho’ - it’s a pretty neat town.  (for aerial shots see The Sentinal).

Isn’t that where the space needle is or something like that, CC?

Why were you stuck in the Army’s camp for misguided little boys so long, NCSC?

And no, what’s a “World’s Series” anyway???  Is that something like cricket or some other hullaballo???

• @Jennifer:

Isn’t that where the space needle is or something like that, CC?

Seattle has the space needle, Toronto has the CN tower.

• Hello Jennifer!  Glad your back!  Forums been a little boring without you.  The only exciting thing that’s happened is that Mary and I actually agreed on a couple of issues.

Sorry to hear your AC wasn’t working in Georgia.  Hope the rest of the time down there wasn’t so bleak.

Glad your back!

RB

• @Jennifer:

Well, originally I was there for Infantry Training for the PA National Guard (11C, my local guard unit was Combat Support, to had to learn to fire 4-deuces).  But, my knees that had been patched  back together after I tore them up at USAFA failed again…

But, rather than let a perfectly good former Academy puke go to waste, and since they were shorthanded in my Bat, they turned me into a Unit Supply NCO and Unit Armorer.  Went from Trainee to Trainer overnight.  Went from Barracks to BEQ.  And spent a year wearing a “Follow Me” patch instead of my “Bloddy Bucket” until my med board finally was processed.

Yep… it SUCKED!  But I loved it :-D

• Welcome home!

@ncscswitch:

@Jennifer:

Well, originally I was there for Infantry Training for the PA National Guard (11C, my local guard unit was Combat Support, to had to learn to fire 4-deuces).  But, my knees that had been patched  back together after I tore them up at USAFA failed again…

But, rather than let a perfectly good former Academy puke go to waste, and since they were shorthanded in my Bat, they turned me into a Unit Supply NCO and Unit Armorer.  Went from Trainee to Trainer overnight.  Went from Barracks to BEQ.  And spent a year wearing a “Follow Me” patch instead of my “Bloddy Bucket” until my med board finally was processed.

Yep… it SUCKED!  But I loved it :-D

Ugh, yea the med-board process SUCKS for trainees!  They tried to make me go that route, I told em unless they could guarentee me a 30% or more disability they could shove it up their rosey red buttocks!  Then they tried to Chapter 5-1-2 me (medboard without a voluntary subject) and I called my congresswoman (who, since I’m in IL is a democrat) and she stopped that cold.

Now I’m assigned to the IL Nat’l Guard as in their IT dept.  But hey, at least I don’t have to move!

As for my AC being “broken” in Georgia, it was not Rune.  There just wasn’t an AC there!  Silly army…like we all want to camp or something…sheesh!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m