• anyone tried this out. you play by posting in a thread. if anyones interested i can play sometime

• Founder TripleA Admin

Is there a simple dice thrower out there? Or something for A&A Minis?

• That would so rock!!  I would definately play.  :wink:

• Reviving this thread……lets get an A&A minatures game going on this forum.

Also on an unrelated matter, I would also like to learn how to play A&A Pacific and A&A Europe so I can start playing via forum.

• Founder TripleA Admin

My Sherman is going to fire at your Tiger I’s flank at short range …

DiceRolling 13 6-sided dice:
    4, 2, 1, 6, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3, 2, 6, 2, 6

• Founder TripleA Admin

Crap, I missed!

• Founder TripleA Admin

To roll dice, type in the following:

<colon>dice ndm <colon>Replace <colon>with an actual colon “:”
    Replace n with the number of dice to roll.
    Replace m with the number of sides per dice.

This example will roll 10 6-sided dice… (replace “bice” with “dice”)
    :bice 10d6:

DiceRolling 10 6-sided dice:
    6, 3, 2, 6, 6, 6, 3, 2, 6, 1</colon></colon></colon>

• Test:

Rolling with a King Tiger  :wink:

DiceRolling 18 6-sided dice:
    4, 1, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 2, 5, 4, 5, 3, 3, 1, 6

• Wootness it worked!!  Im am definately down to play now.

Anyone up for a 2 vs 2?  We can have 100 pt. armys for each player and we can have a large map with like 5 objectives.  I saw a 2 vs 2 game with 5 objectives once (they used all the maps from 2 starter kits and combined them together) and I thought it was pretty cool.

Also if we would start a game, we would be able to use any pieces or would we be able to use only pieces from a certain year?  Also which map would we play and would the hexes be labeled to make moving possible?

• I would set it up like a big chess board. You can take a piece of paper and a rule and draw maybe 15 boxes by 15 boxes. You can move via grid that way, although no online utility can really help you out.

• This would definately be interesting to try.

Rolls for initiative
    DiceRolling 2 6-sided dice:
    6, 1

I would say go with something fairly simple the first time though.

• @Der:

This would definately be interesting to try.

Rolls for initiative
    DiceRolling 2 6-sided dice:
    6, 1

I would say go with something fairly simple the first time though.

Im up for whatever.  Ill play a simple 1 vs 1 game with 75 pts armies.

• Pretty sweet. Might be the way to go for me. Just got my first starter set from the local shop. The owner told me their was only a couple of other guys that ever bought the stuff.  :|

How about a pdf of the regular maps done in grayscale but with numbered hexes. Then they could be printed out on a smaller scale (so you could just have a clipboard next to your computer). Troop movement could then be posted by hex-grid number and kept track of with simple pencil mark.

• @Garfunkle:

Pretty sweet. Might be the way to go for me. Just got my first starter set from the local shop. The owner told me their was only a couple of other guys that ever bought the stuff.  :|

How about a pdf of the regular maps done in grayscale but with numbered hexes. Then they could be printed out on a smaller scale (so you could just have a clipboard next to your computer). Troop movement could then be posted by hex-grid number and kept track of with simple pencil mark.

Sounds good to me.  Just get a good PDF file of the map and ill download it.  :wink:

• @MechanizedWarfare:

@Garfunkle:

Pretty sweet. Might be the way to go for me. Just got my first starter set from the local shop. The owner told me their was only a couple of other guys that ever bought the stuff.  :|

Sounds good to me.  Just get a good PDF file of the map and ill download it.  :wink:

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr……so no one wants to do this or what?

• My scanner at home is too small. I would have to tile it all. I’m sending it with my wife to work so she can do it there. It’ll be a couple of days.

• Founder TripleA Admin

PDFs of all the maps are readily available at the avalon hill website.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/maps

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m