• Hi, my sons got me the 2nd edition AA for Christmas and we had a great boxing day playing it. It brought up a couple of questions I need some clarification on which I couldn’t quite get in the rules.

1. I had thought that bombers could only bomb once, but looking through the forum it seems they can bomb as many times as they like as long as they haven’t received a hit. Does this mean that you can bomb an industrial complex to its maximum hits i.e. twice the IPC value in one turn? I also assume the Industrial complex get a defensive shot each time they bomb?
    2. If I put a transport in the channel between UK and France, can I move the troops from UK to France in one go? Also if there are enemy troops in France, can they disembark? I am thinking that a move onto the transport is one move and off is another therefore two moves?
      Hope you can help.

Many thanks
    Mark.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Druss Hi and welcome! Your sons did you a great service in introducing you to this game.

Bombers have two attacking functions:

a) In Strategic Bombing Raids, which are raids against Industrial Complexes, they bomb just the once. And the IC has one AA go beforehand.

b) In a battle between units at land or sea, any bombers are involved at each round of the combat. AA units involved in the battle only fire the once though.

Transports can load and offload in the same turn. The two moves are actual transport moves. So you can load, move the transport two and then offload in the same turn.

Cheers
    PP

• @Private-Panic Many thanks Panic for the quick reply. At least I was a little right about the bombers. Also good to know about the transports as getting the UK onto mainland Europe as quickly as possible seems to be the way to go.

I am actually making some custom boxes for the armies to make them easier to store. I will maybe post a few images later as they look alright.

Thanks again
    Mark.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Druss If you are making custom boxes you are really getting in to this game, Mark. Glad to hear it! Look forward to seeing the pics. BTW you might want to expand your A&A collection at some point, which will give you the option of combining pieces from the different games, as I have done, which then requires a bigger box.

• Hi Panic, I have been playing 15mm ancients for some time now, but my son has a keen WW2 interest, hence the A&A. We have had a couple of games and they have been really enjoyable. I will take your advice about expanding my collection. I have a few 3d Printers so decided to make some boxes that keep my troops together but fit inside the 2nd edition box. I have attached a few pictures, hope you like them.
    Mark.Pictures of custom troops boxes

• @Druss Like the boxes Mark. I wonder if there is someone in the UK who could print something similar?

• @Private-Panic Hi Panic, I am from the UK and do some 3D Printing for people. If you are interested I would be happy to provide some for you. You can reach me on marks3d@btinternet.com if your interested.
    Thanks Mark.

• @Druss Right-ho! Will do …….

BTW - have you seen the Battle of Britain in the Events forum?

• Thanks Panic, unfortunately when I say UK I really mean Northern Ireland :-) But hope you have a great tourny.

• @Druss Okay. Shame for us!!! Hopefully there will not be a border in the Irish Sea any time soon!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m