Russian kills German Fleet Turn 1?



  • Why not sent a Russian Fighter and Bomber to take out the German Fleet on Turn 1 in the Anniversary 42 scenario. It is a 3-4 vs a 2-3. Seems like good odds to me.


  • 2020 2019 2018

    People will say it’s too dicey (and they have a point, it can very easily go pear-shaped for you if you get unlikely rolls. Battle calc gives you 58% chance of success (all of the Nazis die and at least one Soviet survives), 24% of failure (all of the Soviets die and some Nazi surface-vessel survives), and 18% chance of partial failure (all Soviets dead, all Nazi surface-vessels dead, Nazi transports survive)).

    I make a similar play R1 in 42SE to destroy the Baltic Fleet and make it impossible for Germany to take Leningrad G1. I imagine you’re going for the same sort of idea here, since Leningrad is both a Victory City and contains a Factory, so delaying Germany access to both, even if it’s just for one turn, can mean the difference between dying to a Moscow crush and UK/US air units arriving in Moscow in time to survive into the late game.

    I guess you need to evaluate how your opponents typically open the game, and how much of a bid you’re giving the Allies. If you can get a high enough bid, an extra Fighter pretty much makes this opening strategy 100% safe (~92% chance of success).



  • @Taewakan said in Russian kills German Fleet Turn 1?:

    Why not sent a Russian Fighter and Bomber to take out the German Fleet on Turn 1 in the Anniversary 42 scenario. It is a 3-4 vs a 2-3. Seems like good odds to me.

    You can also send a russian bomber on the Germany sz13 fleet of a Destroyer and transport. A “4” on a “2”.


  • 2019 2018 2017 '16 '15

    I also did something like this on 42 2E, and worked. A bit risky but worth the fun doing this as an alternative start.


Log in to reply
 

Suggested Topics

  • 5
  • 3
  • 7
  • 20
  • 42
  • 15
  • 5
  • 4
I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

55
Online

14.7k
Users

35.3k
Topics

1.4m
Posts