• Hi I’m a new player and have a question. At the start of my turn if I wanted to buy 2 infantry but No infantry pieces were off the board at the start of my turn. Can I buy them knowing I will lose 2 in battle round. This goes for any piece as well. Do they have to be available off board. It seems like your very limitedwith 8 infantry

• @greyingrocker said in New player. Run out of infantry:

Hi I’m a new player and have a question. At the start of my turn if I wanted to buy 2 infantry but No infantry pieces were off the board at the start of my turn. Can I buy them knowing I will lose 2 in battle round. This goes for any piece as well. Do they have to be available off board. It seems like your very limited with 8 infantry

The number of pieces in a copy of A&A 1941 is limited, trust us. You can buy two more infantray at the start of your round, and then you have some options:

1. Write (Country) Infantry on two slip of paper, use those slips of paper to stand in for your missing infantry units.
    2. You should be tracking income and spending. If you are using a piece of paper to do so, write down “Purchase 2 infantry, haven’t placed yet”. When you do place them, at the end of your turn, cross out the “haven’t placed yet” part.
    3. If you have other games with standing people, Axis & Allies or something else, you can use those to stand in for your missing infantry.

The game is what you make of it - there is no Game Police and no one will arrest you for having fun “the wrong way”.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @greyingrocker Pieces are far too limited in this game. However, if you are using the little cardboard counters to denote additional units, you will manage.

The number of units in the box do not limit what you can purchase.

• Thanks for input. I do use the little colored pucks but still not enough. I like the idea of writing down on a slip of paper. Maybe I’ll break my risk game out and use those soldiers. It’ll look a little weird but serve the purpose. My first a&a game. Maybe make the plunge into the more advanced games if I can get my friends to play this first. Thanks again and many of my other questions were answered in other people’s posts. Glad I found this site. It should be a disclaimer on back of instruction book to come here

• @greyingrocker said in New player. Run out of infantry:

Maybe make the plunge into the more advanced games if I can get my friends to play this first.

That’s what I did. My next purchase was 1942 (second edition). I combined the units and never had a shortage again! Since then added all the other variants currently on sale.

If you cannot get your friends to play then you will probably find keen players in your area on this forum.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m