axis-dominion vs adam (allies+9) bm3

• 2020 2019 2018 '16 '15

gg, my 87% chance failed

• 2019 2017

@axis-dominion Good game, well played! I was too pessimistic in general to sacrifice a US tp with reinforcements to NSW, perhaps I should have.

Looks like we found the limit for a healthy German push south.

• 2019 2017 '16

You didn’t post the final map but I am curious if there was any chance of taking it next round with the troops that landed on South Australia? Would too many US planes land on Sydney?

• 2020 2019 2018 '16 '15

@simon33 said in axis-dominion vs adam (allies+9) bm3:

You didn’t post the final map but I am curious if there was any chance of taking it next round with the troops that landed on South Australia? Would too many US planes land on Sydney?

Yah I could have another shot at 80% odds with the additional air and those troops in south Australia, and with all of his available air landing to reinforce. The problem is, I have no way of stopping him from landing his US troops onto queens, for an easy retake. At which point Japan runs out of reinforcements and options.

• 2019 2017 '16

@axis-dominion Ok. Hindsight but I would guess the Qld option could have been prevented with a landing on Qld with 1TT and a naval block but nothing could have prevented the same thing from being done with a Victoria landing. Obviously you didn’t feel that attacking the US troops as well as Sydney was a great idea.

• 2020 2019 2018 '16 '15

@simon33 said in axis-dominion vs adam (allies+9) bm3:

@axis-dominion Ok. Hindsight but I would guess the Qld option could have been prevented with a landing on Qld with 1TT and a naval block but nothing could have prevented the same thing from being done with a Victoria landing. Obviously you didn’t feel that attacking the US troops as well as Sydney was a great idea.

yah I thought about the possibility of landing in queens to prevent the US from landing only after I made my move. I didn’t analyze that possibility too hard, so I’m not sure if that would’ve made that second wave feasible.

• 2020 2019 2018 '16 '15

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Japanese round 14

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 14

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 7 fighters and 5 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 62 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            12 fighters and 8 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            4 bombers moved from New Guinea to 54 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 61 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 61 Sea Zone to South Australia
            4 infantry moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            4 infantry and 2 transports moved from 46 Sea Zone to 61 Sea Zone
            4 infantry moved from 61 Sea Zone to South Australia
            2 battleships moved from 46 Sea Zone to 61 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 46 Sea Zone to 61 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Siberia
                  Japanese take Siberia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Sakha
                  Japanese take Sakha from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
                  Japanese take Buryatia from Russians
            2 infantry moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 46 Sea Zone to 61 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 61 Sea Zone to South Australia

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 54 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 4 bombers and 1 submarine
                ANZAC defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 54 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer in 54 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the ANZAC lost in 54 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 54 Sea Zone from Neutral with 4 bombers and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 destroyer
            Battle in South Australia
                Japanese attack with 6 infantry and 1 marine
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships and 2 cruisers in South Australia, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in South Australia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in South Australia
                Japanese win, taking South Australia from ANZAC with 6 infantry and 1 marine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
            Battle in 17 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 destroyer and 4 fighters
                ANZAC defend with 1 submarine
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 4 fighters in 17 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 submarine in 17 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the ANZAC lost in 17 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 17 Sea Zone from ANZAC with 1 destroyer and 4 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 submarine
            Battle in New South Wales
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 12 fighters, 1 infantry and 8 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 factory_minor, 6 fighters, 1 harbour, 8 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                    AA fire in New South Wales : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Japanese lost in New South Wales
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 11 fighters, 1 infantry and 8 tactical_bombers in New South Wales, round 2 : 10/21 hits, 11.50 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 6 fighters, 8 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in New South Wales, round 2 : 10/19 hits, 8.50 expected hits
                    2 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 6 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 artillery owned by the Japanese, 8 infantry owned by the ANZAC, 1 aaGun owned by the ANZAC and 1 mech_infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in New South Wales
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers in New South Wales, round 3 : 6/11 hits, 6.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 6 fighters and 1 mech_infantry in New South Wales, round 3 : 7/10 hits, 5.50 expected hits
                    4 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 3 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 armour owned by the ANZAC, 2 fighters owned by the ANZAC, 2 artilleries owned by the ANZAC and 1 mech_infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in New South Wales
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in New South Wales, round 4 : 3/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 4 fighters in New South Wales, round 4 : 3/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 2 fighters owned by the Japanese and 3 fighters owned by the ANZAC lost in New South Wales
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 tactical_bomber in New South Wales, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 fighter in New South Wales, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese and 1 fighter owned by the ANZAC lost in New South Wales
                ANZAC win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -104
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery, 12 fighters, 1 infantry and 8 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 6 fighters, 8 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by ANZAC to New South Wales: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

ANZAC : 2.83
    AA fire in New South Wales : : 0.50
    Japanese : 1.33

Savegame

• 2020 2019 2018 '16 '15

thought I’d post the final combat results for others

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

• League  

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m