Simon33 (Axis) vs AetV (Allies) BM3 - no IJ/Ok

• @simon33 max def.
    Thank you.

• @simon33 said in Simon33 (Axis) vs AetV (Allies) BM3 - no IJ/Ok:

2nd round, 12 hits. I assume that meant to lose the AA Guns.

Correct.

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3 with Combat Move First, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 5

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            2 armour, 6 artilleries, 9 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry moved from Burma to India
            3 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from 38 Sea Zone to India
            2 bombers and 1 fighter moved from Szechwan to India
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Kweichow to India
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to India

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 3 fighters and 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat - Japanese
            Japanese creates battle in territory 6 Sea Zone
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 1 artillery and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry
            Battle in India
                Japanese attack with 2 armour, 6 artilleries, 2 bombers, 5 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 marine, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 4 aaGuns, 2 artilleries, 3 fighters, 21 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber; Americans defend with 3 bombers; UK_Pacific defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_major and 1 harbour
                    AA fire in India : 2/12 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese and 1 fighter owned by the Japanese lost in India
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 armour, 6 artilleries, 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 marine, 1 mech_infantry and 6 tactical_bombers in India, round 2 : 11/31 hits, 13.17 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 4 aaGuns, 2 artilleries, 3 bombers, 3 fighters, 21 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 2 : 10/31 hits, 11.00 expected hits
                    7 infantry owned by the Japanese, 2 artilleries owned by the Japanese, 1 marine owned by the Japanese, 4 aaGuns owned by the British and 7 infantry owned by the British lost in India
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 armour, 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 2 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 6 tactical_bombers in India, round 3 : 12/21 hits, 10.67 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 2 artilleries, 3 bombers, 3 fighters, 14 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 3 : 10/24 hits, 8.67 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 2 infantry owned by the Japanese, 4 artilleries owned by the Japanese, 1 mech_infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 armour owned by the Japanese, 3 bombers owned by the Americans and 9 infantry owned by the British lost in India
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour, 2 bombers, 3 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in India, round 4 : 5/11 hits, 6.50 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 2 artilleries, 3 fighters, 5 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 4 : 6/12 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                    3 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 3 fighters owned by the Japanese and 5 infantry owned by the British lost in India
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour, 2 bombers and 2 tactical_bombers in India, round 5 : 2/5 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 2 artilleries, 3 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in India, round 5 : 5/7 hits, 3.50 expected hits
                    2 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 1 mech_infantry owned by the British, 2 bombers owned by the Japanese, 1 armour owned by the Japanese and 1 artillery owned by the British lost in India
                UK_Pacific win with 1 artillery, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -96
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 armour, 6 artilleries, 2 bombers, 5 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 marine, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for British: 4 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 21 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 3 bombers

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 armour moved from French Indo China to Yunnan
            2 battleships, 4 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 1 submarine and 5 transports moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 37 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Celebes to 36 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Japan to 36 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in French Indo China
            2 artilleries, 3 fighters and 2 infantry placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,4
            Japanese collect 47 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 49 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 54 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese : -0.33
    UK_Pacific : 2.67
    AA fire in India : : 0.00
    Japanese : -3.33

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

I might have a think about if I can recover from that. You’re free to play on but I’m inclined to think that might be it. Both sides of the map I’m losing.

• '15 '14

Instead of making a hail mary attack on India I would have bought 3 carriers and annihilate the fleet at phil. After this, Allies won’t ever be in the position to match the Japanese fleet.

• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW said in Simon33 (Axis) vs AetV (Allies) BM3 - no IJ/Ok:

Instead of making a hail mary attack on India I would have bought 3 carriers and annihilate the fleet at phil. After this, Allies won’t ever be in the position to match the Japanese fleet.

Interesting. Take 16 air and 2 ships to destroy the fleet? But then what is the path to victory? Barbarossa had faltered and reinforcements were unlikely to reach India in sufficient quantity for 4 turns (time for TTs to reach SZ6 and back. Also, the India attack wasn’t really a hail Mary IMO at 55%. The chance to kill all the British units in the area was worthwhile in my view, normally they retreat back to the Middle East.

Also, not buying an IC for Malaya the turn before was a mistake and made it much hard to recover from not attacking India. Killing the fleet I did think about but I just thought I really needed to take the capital to be in the game.

One other point is that the 3 US bombers +5 on the way would have helped China run all over the few Japanese troops I had on Asia.

I actually think AetV’s 3 US bombers bought US1 made it really challenging for the Japanese fleet to defend both SZ6 and SZ42. If the starting bomber had gone Pacific that would have made it even worse. I might try that next time I’m allies facing a J1.

I would still think the attack on India was necessary in the circumstances. I guess SZ79 (West India) should have been blocked with force after J4. I was surprised by the stand taken in India but it worked.

• '19 '17 '16

Result posted.

Interested in going again if you are up.

• @simon33 I am in.
    You may set it up.

• '15 '14

The path to victory for Japan would have been to dominate China and India in the long run by the fact they control the waters. By so doing they don’t have to lose transports for trading islands. They can focus on buying air and ground only after annihilating the biggest part of US fleet, keeping US income down by denying NOs and then establish at 70ish income. Probably claim Eastern Russian lands and thus help the Germans.

Germans were clearly behind schedule, but at least the Axis had Egypt and even if they couldn’ hold it forever it reduces the UK resistance in the middle East, where the German will progress to sooner or later (if not, they are indeed busted, but Allies cannot prevent this advance unless Germans are poorly played.

You might want to review the previous game between AD and Adam where Adam played Axis.

Axis didn’t achieve a major capital take over but progressively took over the economic lead or at least equality (which is a lead as Allies’ income is more dispersed).
    Axis can achieve a status in which the time ticks in their favor.

Certainly the position was rough for the Axis but as said, Allies’d made a mistake by overlooking a carrier buy for Japan. And annihilating such a big chunk of the Allies’ fleet that cheaply is a major gain for the Axis.

And, 55% is a hail mary attack as the real chances of “defeat” are rather 70% as the bottom 15% of the winning coutcomes still leaves Japan crippled. I agree, that in this case, taking India was more juicy than in other instances as the Allies parked bombers there.

However, I would be certain that Axis would be in the position to create better odds in the near future. As said, after buying 3 carriers this turn, Japan could have purely focused on ground and air for a while from there.
    India can never match that and the Chinese can become a nuisance but are usually easy to stop due to their low attach value. Alle the Axis have to do is to make sure Ahnwe is stacked enough the Chinese cannot attack.

• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW

I don’t completely agree with what you say. Firstly, a win with a single tank remaining was still a win IMO. That’s an IPC swing of 16/turn and once West India is taken 1 ftr per turn could be bought with the extra money going to Japan. Ok so 14 rounds to rebuild lost air but there’s also the inability of Calcutta to build units against you as well as allied air destroyed. Less importantly, I could also avoid putting down another IC on Asia (well, probably). In fact, if India was still fighting I might have needed 2 more ICs, 3total on Asia.

Regarding Adam vs A-D, game 34205 I assume, I note that Japan was on the back foot still in round 11 with China and India both fighting on and looking like they would continue to do so. Not that surprising with a J3 DOW, I would think. Germany won the game - that seems really unlikely in this game.

• '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3 with Combat Move First, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 5

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Celebes to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Celebes to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to 35 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 37 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Japan to 35 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Szechwan to 35 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Japan to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
            2 artilleries moved from Burma to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
            3 tactical_bombers moved from 38 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 38 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 38 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 38 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 38 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 38 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Hopei
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kweichow to Hopei
            1 fighter moved from Kweichow to Hopei
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 marine moved from Burma to 38 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 marine moved from 38 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 39 Sea Zone to Ceylon

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 artillery, 1 carrier, 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 3 bombers, 1 destroyer, 6 fighters, 1 submarine and 5 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 3 cruisers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 bombers, 1 destroyer, 6 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 7/15 hits, 8,67 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1,17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 3 cruisers and 2 transports in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 2,50 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 1 submarine owned by the Americans, 2 cruisers owned by the Americans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese, 1 carrier owned by the Americans and 1 submarine owned by the Japanese lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 bombers, 5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 7/13 hits, 7,83 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 2 transports in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 3/3 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 2 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 1 fighter owned by the Americans, 2 transports owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 3 bombers, 3 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 58
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 3 cruisers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Battle in 39 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 2 transports; French defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 39 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 39 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 2 transports in 39 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 39 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 39 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/4 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 2 transports in 39 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the French, 1 transport owned by the British and 1 submarine owned by the Japanese lost in 39 Sea Zone
                    1 transport owned by the British lost in 39 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 39 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
                Casualties for French: 1 destroyer
                Casualties for British: 2 transports
            Battle in Hopei
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Hopei, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hopei, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Hopei
                Japanese win with 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Ceylon
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Ceylon from UK_Pacific, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 39 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Hopei to Anhwe
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kweichow to Anhwe
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Anhwe
            3 artilleries moved from Burma to 38 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Burma to 38 Sea Zone
            3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 3 transports moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            3 artilleries moved from 36 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            1 aaGun moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            2 armour moved from Burma to Hunan
            1 mech_infantry moved from Burma to Hunan
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
            1 armour moved from French Indo China to Hunan
            1 battleship, 4 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 2 transports moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from 35 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Hunan
            1 bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            1 bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to French Indo China

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier placed in 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 submarine placed in 6 Sea Zone
            3 fighters placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,4
            Japanese collect 50 PUs; end with 50 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 55 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 36 Sea Zone: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 39 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

British : 1,33
    Americans : 0,33
    Chinese : 0,33
    Japanese : -3,17

Savegame

• '15 '14

@simon33 said in Simon33 (Axis) vs AetV (Allies) BM3 - no IJ/Ok:

@JDOW

I don’t completely agree with what you say. Firstly, a win with a single tank remaining was still a win IMO. That’s an IPC swing of 16/turn and once West India is taken 1 ftr per turn could be bought with the extra money going to Japan. Ok so 14 rounds to rebuild lost air but there’s also the inability of Calcutta to build units against you as well as allied air destroyed. Less importantly, I could also avoid putting down another IC on Asia (well, probably). In fact, if India was still fighting I might have needed 2 more ICs, 3total on Asia.

Regarding Adam vs A-D, game 34205 I assume, I note that Japan was on the back foot still in round 11 with China and India both fighting on and looking like they would continue to do so. Not that surprising with a J3 DOW, I would think. Germany won the game - that seems really unlikely in this game.

I can tell you. Japan is crippled after winning with tank and bomber remaining and won’t recover from this. She cannot deal with the Russians, Chinese and US/Anzac fleet that already sits at Phil.

I posted above how I would have played Japan this turn and I edited to average dice later on.
    I assumed no scramble for both. I think Scrambling of India would be a bad idea, scrambling off phil is a valid option.

Anyway. Japan is fine after this turn. I realized Japan only needed to buy 1 carrier.
    And it is absolutely CRUCIAL that Japan utilizes the 15 idle ground units at Tokyo. The Russians have to retreat after this turn and with all that extra ground Japan can deal with all powers thanks to the fact that the Allies fleet is crippled and UK hat to lose 2 TTs, too.

Germany is a different story, and the position is still tough for the Axis, but this is definitely the better option. There was no glorious path for Japan by attacking India at those costs.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm. What you suggest is a possibility I suppose. Interesting to sacrifice the BB to kill the ships in SZ39.

You’re worrying about a DD sacrifice to SZ6 to prevent picking up troops and attacking the Russians? I suppose the sacrifice could be assumed but it only defers the landing on Korea by a single turn. Given the 5 TTs and plenty of troops, I didn’t worry that greatly about the Russians. Maybe they would move inland but they are less threatening there too.

• '15 '14

Yes, the DD block is annoying and slows Japan down another turn. Nothing she can do about it.

• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW said in Simon33 (Axis) vs AetV (Allies) BM3 - no IJ/Ok:

Yes, the DD block is annoying and slows Japan down another turn. Nothing she can do about it.

But by threatening a Soviet move into Korea as you have done here, you make it virtually certain to not occur. 1 transport is needed to attack Korea but the others can reinforce with troops from Tokyo, if they aren’t attacking elsewhere of course.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m