• '19 Moderator

What is the story with the two moses’ VI and VII

TG can’t post because he is moving to the south? I know rednecks are famous for being backwards, but some of us have coputers and know how to use them.

Also who is TM MOSES VII?

Confused,

• I’m just TG’s sister. He just wanted me to help keep track of his websites and write to him about any “comings and goings” as he puts it.

I know the South isn’t as backwards as it uses to be. But in this particular case, TG went to the South as part of the annual Civil War reenactments. And because there were no computers back in the 1800s, I don’t think he would be using one. He should be back after the Battle of Brandywine, which I hope is in late May - mid June.

I never enjoy the South myself due to its muggy weather, but I do say that they have some very pretty houses.

• Sounds interesting, is your brother a weekend warrior? That would be a fun thing to get payed for :wink:

• I guess you could call him a “warrior” considering his room is full or all sorts of war related junk. Sometimes I even seen him fall sleep clutching fake bazooka. :wink:

To answer you question Yanny, in reality most of the money is used for transportation fees from driving or flying one place to another. The battles are fun, but what people don’t tell you is the amount of time and practice needed to set up.

• '19 Moderator

Thank god, that comment about your favorite General had me worried. :wink:

• Even if you take away the classic cigar and trim mustache, Galland is still a great man. You don’t see many generals today that actually did took part in the actual fighting. Galland shot down 104 planes, the majority coming from his Mickey Mouse 109. He was a true hero that respected his opponents.

[ This Message was edited by: TM Moses VII on 2002-04-16 18:11 ]

• '19 Moderator

It wasn’t your oppinion that worried me it was the fact that you called him a “sweetheart”.

You see there aren’t many females that post here, in fact I don’t know of any others.

Looking forward to hearing more of your oppinions. :smile:

• Its a predominantly male game. Too bad, some of my friends are female and hated the game. One is a big of a war buff as me.

I guess world domination is a guy thing…

• Mickey Mouse 109? was there another type of 109 fighter?..…

The ME 109 was a fine plane, i dont why it gets dised so much.

It did fine up against the Spitfire.

• I can’t see why not. Axis and Allies is a very simple game to learn wonderfully complex to master, which is perfectly suited to my taste. The problem is introducing games to the female community. If it weren’t for my brother, I never would have had such an extensive background in history and other predominantly male fields.

To answer you question Sir Ghoul, the Mickey Mouse fighter was Galland’s trademark Bf-109 with the insignia of Mickey Mouse on it. You can see a picture of the artwork at http://members.aol.com/geobat66/galland/ag_cov.gif Sorry, the picture is wholly out of focus, but it’s the best I can do in such a short amount of time.

• Ahh i see, i thought it was another shot a the Me 109.

• On 2002-04-16 11:07, Yanny wrote:
    Its a predominantly male game. Too bad, some of my friends are female and hated the game. One is a big of a war buff as me.

I guess world domination is a guy thing…

Yes, you go girl!

"I’m just TG’s sister. He just wanted me to help keep track of his websites and write to him about any “comings and goings” as he puts it. "

And he can’t spend two minutes here? Why weren’t you here before?

BTW, wasn’t that mickey mouse on crack?? it was holding a butcher knife or something.

• Umm… I would like to spend more time here, but as it stands, we only have one computer to share. Of course my bothering will be hogging it meaning I only get to use it for homework, checking my e-mail, and chatting with friends. Maybe when TG gets back, I can work out a compromise because I see no other way of consistently visiting here.

• I think that the Butcher and Gun spouting Mickey Mouse was symbolic of Galland himself. On off duty, Galland was a real wise-cracking joker and friend. He often returned back to Luftwaffe airbases from fighting (particularly during the battle of Britain) with dramatizations of his latest victory, using his hands to represent the two planes. But when it came down to business, Galland was dead serious behind the cockpit of his Mickey Mouse Bf-109.

“Axis and Allies stands not only as one of the most stupendous works of man, but also as one of the most beautiful of human creations. Indeed, it is at once so great and so simple that it seems to be almost a work of nature.”

[ This Message was edited by: TM Moses VII on 2002-04-18 19:43 ]

• I think there is a story that goes he was flying his bf-109, and he had to bring champagne to some sort of party in france, and he decided to fly over the channel and shoot down two brits… I do know there was another german ace who’s numbers blew away galland’s.

Another funny story is a guy in a Lancaster bomber was shot down, and he bailed out without a parachute. He fell until he hit an oak tree in germany…he broke no bones though i’m sure the tree lost branches.

• It’s no wonder why Galland had some of the best lil stories of the war. Gallant Galland as I called him held the highest award for bravery, the Knight’s Cross with Diamonds, Swords and Oakleaves.

“Glory and calmness are two things which do not fit together, that was his motto. He left the slow ones behind. He was realistic but yet definitely idealistic. This challange he accepted at the time and faced it after the war, too; self-confident, straight forward and in time impatiently, always ahead of others and sometimes even ahead of himself, he went a long way. He was proven in his courage and responsibility for his fighter pilots in a historic situation, when Goring accused him and his commanders, completely unjustified, that their fighter pilots had been awarded the Knight Crosses only due to swindle. On this occasion the General of the Fighter Forces ripped his medal of his neck and angrily threw it on the table. After that day he did not wear a medal for half a year.”

“Gen. Galland also was that rare warier, one possessed of such noted chivalry that he is not only highly admired but actually liked by his enemies. In 1941 when Gen. Galland was commanding fighter operations in France, the legendary, one-legged, Royal Air Force fighter ace Douglas Bader was shot down, Gen. Galland not only treated his downed foe to a sumptuous dinner but let him sit in the cockpit of the front-line German fighter, the Me-109. The general also had a telegram sent to London advising the RAF Fighter Command that Bader had broken his artificial leg and that a British plane would be granted safe conduct to drop Bader’s spare by parachute. Gen. Galland remained famous for his hospitality to downed Allied pilots throughout the war. After the war, when he was a prisoner of war in Britain, many of the RAF pilots he had befriended repaid his kindness, and many of them remained his friends and colleagues until death.”

Adolf Galland’s Graveside Speech

• For those of you who still remember TG Moses VI, I have taken the liberty of typing up one of his letters “urgently sent from the front.” He sends his regards and hopes to return shortly eager to discuss Axis and Allies on a daily basis. This letter was taken from his accounts while stationed at Fort Wayne, 1862 (historically).

4/25/02

As I write, it is near midnight. Confederate scouts have reported large concentrations of Union soldiers moving in our vicinity. It is certain the Union has numbers in an even greater presence since we last met them at Clarks Mill. I still remember the desperate combat in the dead of night, the stench of gunpowder heavy as pillars of artillery igniting the sky. I hope I will never witness such ghastly imagines again. Only a festering breeding ground of panic and disarray. Least I won’t survive the next encounter, my standard bearer will give my condolences.

Regardless, my men are still confident of victory against the North. Talks of spectacular successes fill the morning conversation, drowning out the lack of food or a decent cup of coffee. All the indications are there. We’ve routed the North many times on the battlefields of Newtonia and Independence, disrupted their supply lines, and harassed all sides of their flank. What my fellow comrades do not understand is the inexhaustible might of the North. Our supplies continue to dwindle; the numbers of dead and wounded already surpassing one thousand. I fear that if Lee does not defeat the Yankees soon, we will be doomed to agonizing defeat. Nevertheless, I have made commitment to both myself and the beloved South.

4/26/02

Today we were on the receiving end of the counterblow. The battle occurred around daybreak and lasted two hours of a bloody mess. Pardon my writing, my hand still trembles on account of memories and sleepless nightmares. We tried to hold the Fort as long as we could… reduced to hand to hand fighting when the ammunition had run out. The cannon erupting on all sides of the Fort, the swarm of Bue-Clad uniforms in tanglement with hues of Gray – only the spoken imagines of human faces unable to talk. We were promised reinforcements, but that was a week ago. Henderson’s Combat Brigade was left to hold off the Yankees until we could make our retreat. None of them made it back. Somehow, I have a feeling that they had a better chance of surviving than what is hellish to come. We have in no means shattered the North’s soul, only hardened it.

4/27/02

Today I write in the bog peat of some engraven rock. I don’t know what’s worse, the insects or the damned Yankees! HaHa! Sorry for the dry humor, it’s all I can muster out of such utter helplessness. Our Captain tells us that it’ll have to make due until new orders arrive. Yesterday’s losses were worst than expected. We had abandoned much of the wounded to fend for themselves in the wake of the rout. No graves for the dead, only rotten corpses basking in the sun. My unit was one of the better spared – we only loss five men. It’s a motley assortment of fellows: Texans, ex-slaves, Europeans, Asians, most of them stripped from remnant units no longer existent. I have grown fond of my brothers at arms, how lost their hopes might be. I often find myself reminding my brethren of the glory of desperate battles and lost causes, like Herman’s Ride to Glory and The Last Stand at Spree. Tomorrow we will have another day, destiny awaits!

Signed,
    Moses VI “The Great”
    “Abandon all hope lest you enter.” – Dante’s Inferno.

• So when he comes back, are you leaving?

• Probably. :sad:

• Blah, you can just kick him off every now and then.

Give him a toy Bazooka and tell him to go play for awhile. :cool:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m