Factories in AA 1914?
Arreghas last edited by Panther
I’ve been thinking about adding factories to my 1914 game as a house rule. I was wondering what would be the most fun way to make them useful to the game.
I have so far 3 ideas :
- Factories generate extra IPCs from a region (either a fixed amount or half the region’s value, to a minimum of 1)
- Factories are staging areas like in other AA games, to allow production elsewhere than in the capitals
- Factories generate a free unit per turn (say an Infantry)
I find each idea has pros and cons :
- Extra IPCs may be a fun risk/reward strategy, but I don’t know if it would break the game for one side
- This is a tried and true method, but it just feels boring and unimaginative. Unless you get to add just 1 for the whole game and that new staging area becomes critical.
- This one seems to favor smaller powers more, which can be interesting but also game changing.
I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think would be the best way to go about it.
Thank you !
Faramir last edited by
#2, plus I have been thinking about making factories the only place where tanks, airplanes, and all ships except transports can be made from. The Ottoman Empire would not have any.
Arreghas last edited by
That’s an interesting way of looking at it. Thank you !