• Hello everyone.

I’ve been thinking about adding factories to my 1914 game as a house rule. I was wondering what would be the most fun way to make them useful to the game.

I have so far 3 ideas :

1. Factories generate extra IPCs from a region (either a fixed amount or half the region’s value, to a minimum of 1)
    2. Factories are staging areas like in other AA games, to allow production elsewhere than in the capitals
    3. Factories generate a free unit per turn (say an Infantry)

I find each idea has pros and cons :

1. Extra IPCs may be a fun risk/reward strategy, but I don’t know if it would break the game for one side
      2) This is a tried and true method, but it just feels boring and unimaginative. Unless you get to add just 1 for the whole game and that new staging area becomes critical.
      3) This one seems to favor smaller powers more, which can be interesting but also game changing.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think would be the best way to go about it.

Thank you !

• #2, plus I have been thinking about making factories the only place where tanks, airplanes, and all ships except transports can be made from. The Ottoman Empire would not have any.

• @Faramir

That’s an interesting way of looking at it. Thank you !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m