Trulpen (Allies) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM3

• Kind of forgot about that. Should’ve built differently last turn in WUS.

• What are the victory conditions really? I mean, when is it concluded that they go in effect? Like now, Japan meet the requirements. Do I have until Russia then? And say I take Rome? Then the victory conditions does not meet anymore? And if Italy takes it back, then I have until Italy’s turn instead of Japan’s?

Honestly, I have never really played with VC’s before. IRL we never do it.

• '19 '17 '16

Japan has to hold 6 victory cities in the Pacific for a full round - so yes, until USSR’s next turn.

Taking Rome has no effect. In BM, taking Berlin means Japan needs a 7th victory city.

In Europe, you need to hold 8VCs or 9 in BM if you don’t have Tokyo.

@trulpen said in Trulpen (Allies) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM3:

Honestly, I have never really played with VC’s before. IRL we never do it.

Been there, done that.

• Hmm, I think it says in the notes Rome or Berlin. Am commuting now, so can’t check properly.

As I interpret it I have a slim chance of grabbing Rome, when the victory conditions no longer meet. Italy takes it back, then they meet again, but the full round is pushed to Italy, so US and UK get another shot at not failing miserably.

• Found it:

“If Germany is Allied controlled, an Axis victory in the Pacific requires 7 (rather than 6) Pacific VCs. If Japan is Allied controlled, an Axis victory in Europe requires 9 (rather than 8) Europe VCs.”

So means I have to take either Hawaii or Philippines with US. Feels kind of silly that I didn’t think of this. I considered Hawaii, but at the time never thought about the VC.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 9

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3 with Combat Move First, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 9

Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Borneo to 43 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Johnston Island to 30 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 30 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 3 destroyers, 6 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 marine, 4 tactical_bombers and 1 transport moved from 43 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 46 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 2 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 3 artilleries, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Scramble sz35?

• Kamikazes (I think)?

• '19 '17 '16

Full scramble.

1 each kami on the DDs, 2 remaining on the BB.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 9

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3 with Combat Move First, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 9

Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Borneo to 43 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Johnston Island to 30 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 30 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 3 destroyers, 6 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 marine, 4 tactical_bombers and 1 transport moved from 43 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 46 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 2 infantry, 1 marine and 1 mech_infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 3 artilleries, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat - Americans
            Japanese scrambles 3 units out of Philippines to defend against the attack in 35 Sea Zone
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 4
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 1 hits.  Rolls: 2
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 battleship owned by the Americans scoring 2 hits.  Rolls: 1,1
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 1 hits.  Rolls: 1
            Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 submarine and 1 transport
                Japanese defend with 2 transports
                    2 transports owned by the Japanese lost in 26 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 26 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                Americans win, taking 26 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 transports
            Battle in Hawaiian Islands
                Americans attack with 2 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 airfield, 2 artilleries, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Hawaiian Islands
                Japanese win with 2 artilleries and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 2 destroyers, 5 fighters, 1 submarine, 5 tactical_bombers and 2 transports; ANZAC loiter and taunt
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 3 destroyers, 10 fighters, 1 submarine and 5 tactical_bombers
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 2 destroyers, 5 fighters, 5 tactical_bombers and 2 transports in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 8/13 hits, 7,17 expected hits
                Units damaged: 6 carriers owned by the Japanese and 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 3 destroyers, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 18/25 hits, 12,83 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    2 fighters owned by the ANZAC, 1 submarine owned by the Americans, 2 destroyers owned by the Americans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans, 1 submarine owned by the Japanese, 6 carriers owned by the Americans and 1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 4 fighters, 4 tactical_bombers and 2 transports in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 4/9 hits, 5,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 3 destroyers, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 13/25 hits, 12,83 expected hits
                    1 carrier owned by the Japanese, 4 tactical_bombers owned by the Americans, 3 destroyers owned by the Japanese, 4 fighters owned by the Americans, 2 transports owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    2 infantry owned by the Americans, 1 artillery owned by the Americans, 1 marine owned by the Americans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans lost in Philippines
                Japanese win with 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -231
                Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 6 carriers, 2 destroyers, 5 fighters, 1 submarine, 5 tactical_bombers and 2 transports
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 carrier, 3 destroyers and 1 submarine
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 fighters
            Moving scrambled unit from 35 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Philippines
            Moving scrambled unit from 35 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Philippines
                5 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese and 7 fighters owned by the Japanese forced to land in Philippines

Non Combat Move - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans : -1,50
    Japanese : 5,83

Savegame

• You win, gg.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m