šŸŽ²šŸ˜”šŸš«Feature suggestion: dice rage quit prevention šŸ˜‰

• Founder TripleA Admin

Sorry, Iā€™m kinda lazy about filing official feature requests but when I post it here, we can at least have a public discussion about it.

My idea is that 42 Online should keep track of recent ā€œbadā€ dice rolls for the active user. When you try to forfeit a game after 1 or more set of bad rolls, you get an extra, friendly pop-up, ā€œHey, it looks like you had some bad rolls. Weā€™re sorry for your bad luck but it can happen both on both sides. You still might have a chance to win! Are you sure you want to forfeit?ā€

• @djensen said in Feature suggestion: dice rage quit prevention:

Sorry, Iā€™m kinda lazy about filing official feature requests but when I post it here, we can at least have a public discussion about it.

My idea is that 42O should keep track of recent ā€œbadā€ dice rolls for the active user. When you try to forfeit a game after 1 or more set of bad rolls, you get an extra, friendly pop-up, ā€œHey, it looks like you had some bad rolls. Weā€™re sorry for your bad luck but it can happen both on both sides. You still might have a chance to win! Are you sure you want to forfeit?ā€

ā€œThe thousand injuries of Fortunato I had borne as I best could, but when he ventured upon insult I vowed revenge.ā€

• The Cask of Amontillado, by Edgar Allan Poe
  • Founder TripleA Admin

Or a calming quote might work too. :wink:

• @djensen said in Feature suggestion: dice rage quit prevention:

Or a calming quote might work too. :wink:

==

I find that quote very calming.

VERY CALMING.

==

No, the quote was more a joke on how after the computer screws you with bad dice, it asks you condescendingly if youā€™re sure you want to quit.

Yes I want to quit you **** computer, why do you think I am pressing this button with a mad gleam in my eye?

==

But jokes aside - I think saying directly to the player that the program is sorry for bad dice is counter-intuitive, because itā€™s the program that gave the bad dice in the first place. If the program were REALLY sorry it would give better dice, or maybe have a Low-Luck option or something right?

Maybe some quotes from history would prove apt.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/luck

ā€œIā€™m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itā€
    ā€• Thomas Jefferson

ā€œYou know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants donā€™t help.ā€
    ā€• Bill Watterson

ā€œScientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
    But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.ā€
    ā€• Terry Pratchett, Mort

ā€œOh, I am fortuneā€™s fool!ā€
    ā€• William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

etc. etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m