• @Janus1:

im sure most people with only the cursory geography education offered in schools wouldnt be able to do so. like you said, as you see the USA as one country, we see other countries the same way, without state or province distinctions (though sometimes, some will know canada)

funny thing is, most of us (canadians) know quite a bit of America - we know all 50 states, we could name close to 50 cities as well, as well as several politicians at a given time, we know a fair bit of your history (taught in schools), etc.

• And I would be one of those rare folks who could tell you all of Canada’s provinces and territories as a non-resident of Canada… from PEI to the Northwest Territory…

I can even identify most of the nations in Africa by site on a map… though I may not use the “most recent” name for that particular chunk of real estate.

But then again, I loved maps as a kid.  Was also a serious geopoltiics person on College.
    Maybe that is why I like A&A… a game made of maps :-)

• Well, I answered this question differently from the map thread… I voted Asia because I was born in Sri Lanka, making me the only Asian voter so far. How many people here can name several major Sri Lankan cities? (Googling doesn’t count!)

• I have to admit, I know the names of NO cities in Ceylon.

And about all I do know about it (other than they had some impact from teh big Tsunami 2 years ago) is that Bridge on the River Kwai was filmed there :-)

(told you the names on my mental map were outdated :-P)

• Columbo is the capital of Ceylon… i think. Dont know why some people call Ceylon Sri lanka… heck its allways been Ceylon. Same with Siam ( currently French Indo- China) or Manchuria (currently Manchukuo).

• Next you’ll be insisting that Belize is British Honduras :-P

• Belize?

• Now Belize was fun!  I spent a month there, and i could easily return . . . .

• Is that near British Giana?

• @Imperious:

Is that near British Giana?

I’m assuming you mean “British Guyana” in South America. 
    Not really.  Belize has Mexico to its immediate north, with Guatemaula to its west and south (the Atlantic to the east).  This makes for very interesting . . . military attempts by Guatemaula. 
    Anyway, Britsh Guyana is way east of Venezuala, so it would take a couple of days to drive it, and through nasty country too . . . .

• LOL @ Imperious Leader.

• I am quite obviously from North America.

One day though, it will all just be called America, because the US will own the world. :mrgreen:

• actually the spelling in Guianna  next to the Netherlands part of Guianna which is next to French Guianna on the east.

• Well, maybe we can check with Jim Jones about the correct spelling of the French part of Guyana…

Just don;t drink the kool-aid :-P

British Guyanna if I am correct is like the most forested nation on the face of the earth (amount per land mass)…

btw does anyone know where Djibouti is  8-)?

GG

• @Guerrilla:

British Guyanna if I am correct is like the most forested nation on the face of the earth (amount per land mass)…

btw does anyone know where Djibouti is  8-)?

GG

this is why the British took such an interest in it in the first place . . . that and to have a foothold on central america . . . .
    and offhand - no.

• Little nation in East Africa, adjacent to Somalia and Ethiopia.

A “late bloomer” in terms of independent African nations, most of which became nations in the 60’s, Djibouti was in the late 70’s I think.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m