Bug I discovered today - "Dangling Fighters"

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Crossposted on Steam

First and foremost, loving the new update. Game doesn’t crash anymore, combat is way faster, etc.

However, I found a bug that’s probably an easy fix. I have a custom combat order set where Carriers will die before Fighters in defensive naval battles. In the core A&A rules, if combat resolves after a Carrier has been destroyed, the player controlling the Fighters (FTR) on the Carrier is allowed to move the FTR(s) one space or have it(them) be destroyed.

Today, I played a game where, as UK, my German opponent attacked my fleet and destroyed my Carrier, but not my FTR (I imagine he either retreated, or was trying to exploit this rule by killing my Carrier and forcing my FTR to evacuate. However, when my turn began my FTR was simply dangling in the SZ where the battle took place. It had not been forced to move/be destroyed.

Probably an easy fix, it probably just hasn’t come up yet because a lot of people don’t set custom defensive profiles (please do people, the default has bombers and AAA guns dying last in combat, makes killing your Moscows way too easy).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m