• @SS-GEN Considering you don’t have any painted tanks, yes, it will stand out like a sore thumb. lol But if you’re worried about that, we don’t have to use it. I can keep it for my Anniversary map. Your call.

• Whatever you want to. I don’t mind either way. Bring it. Will see if it lives. Maybe a Tac will
    Single it out. Lol

• @baron-Münchhausen said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

HI @SS-GEN,
    Discussing Submarine combat values, here is a picture about Attacking 3 Defending 2 Cost 5:

a86bf131-4a5d-47b8-84be-18341606dcd4-image.pnge6f977cc-e611-49ad-8df7-060cac721485-image.png

Compared to Submarine A5 D2 Cost 7:
    c7959243-ee22-4809-ae1c-65e839936b67-image.png

With Sub A3 D2 C5, you have more room to increase attacking value with various bonus without being too near of Heavy Cruiser @7 firepower.

Also, from Germany POV, if you need to attack an Allied fleet, it becomes easier to sacrifice Subs while keeping aircraft at 8 IPCs.

e8ea08dd-709b-4024-a1d3-b490229bfa10-image.png
    I see your point but mostly Ger wants to save as many subs as possible for convoy raiding after T1. I’ll have to show u want I mean. In order to keep UK income as low as possible helps the Normandy landings get delayed and to represent the battle of thee Atlantic.

• @SS-GEN That looks awesome!! Looking forward to seeing it on the table next Saturday!!

• @AAGamer Thanks, Mark!! :D

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Well we had to cancel last Saturday’s game due to my appendix rupturing. It’s been 2 weeks now and l’m doing good. Was like being in the fog.
    New game will be Dec 14 Sat. We made a few changes. Just didn’t get to test Saturday.
    Russia now gets to promote 1 t-34 tank to a guard tank per turn. AD7
    Russian Parisian pops up on any empty German controlled territory. AD2
    If 2 Parisians in same territory will Control territory.
    There’s Siberian Inf on the Eastern front to and by Finland.
    A few more KV-1s on Eastern front too. A6 D8.
    Figs and N figs Changed
    Figs C8 AD5 M5 + If roll is a 2 or less get a bonus plane kill. SBR AD3
    N fig C8 AD5 M4 + If roll is a 2 or less get a bonus plane kill. SBR AD3
    Carriers C12 D@4 plane only.
    2 NA changes
    Russia NA Guard Tank went to Guard Inf. .
    Can promote 1 Inf to a guard Inf per turn A4D5.
    German NA Wolf Pack now one time in game get to roll 3 d6s and that total is what Germany can spend on naval only.
    That’s about it.
    Will post game report and hopefully
    Live stream the next game.

• @SS-GEN

glad you’re ok General. That’s scary stuff having it rupture. Should give you some more time to work on the game while you heal : )

• @SS-GEN said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Personally, I like this new Sub: C7 A@5 D@2 if roll is a 1 pick target.
    YES I DO TOO

subs rolling 1 cannot pick air units

Right IL. Subs cannot hit planes. Should of explained it better. Also subs cannot hit subs too.

Looked at the Sub values a bit more now. I can see going with

Subs
    Now
    C7 M2
    A5 1.22
    D2 .49 = 1.71
    No pick target.

2 German Wolfs
    C7 M2
    A6 1.47
    D2 .49 = 1.96
    No pick target.
    Could give these 2 above if roll is a 1 can pick target.
    OR

Future Proposal.
    C6 M2
    A4 1.33
    D2 .67 = 2.00
    Roll a 1 can pick target.

2 German Wolf pack subs or more only.
    C6 M2
    A5 1.67
    D2 .67 = 2.34
    Roll a 1 can pick target.

Super Subs Tech.
    +1 on AD.
    C6 M2
    A5 1.67
    D3 1.00 = 2.67
    But this would not go towards Germany using Wolf Packs on A.
    A6 2.00
    D3 1.00 = 3.00 Just to strong.
    But the Wolf Pack subs should get to D3 if they get Tech.
    A5 1.67
    D3 1.00 = 2.67 keeps them in line with other countries receiving
    the Super Subs tech too.
    Simple way for SS tech is make it
    Subs C6 A5 D3. Remove the +1 on AD so it won’t change Wolf Packs.

• Live streaming game now on twitch
    Go to or find. ssgen69

• @SS-GEN Cool idea to use twitch for streaming games, indeed.
    Maybe next time announce date and time more offensively to get some more attendance.
    Maybe in the “Events” category …
    :slightly_smiling_face:

• Ya. Had no idea how it work until 30 minutes before game started. Learning the stuff yet. Will have future dates.

Quick game report. The Axis won on T4 or Allies could of extended it another turn to 5 but wouldn’t win anyway.
    Axis had 33 points. Allies could of gotten 4 points back on T4 but next turn 5 Axis could get 1 or 2 points for 30/31 points for win
    with Allies not being able to take any points back.
    We only had 4 guys so there were a few mistakes made due to Allies player playing most of allies with a new guy TO THE GAME. NOT AA PLAY !!!
    The new plane costs and values worked great. Guys really like that bonus plane kill every round from Dog fighting and ship AA.
    So next game planned is Jan 18 and will be live streamed with audio this time.
    The live stream went good for this game.

• “Operation Lifeboat” coming soon on Jan 18 th
    Live streamed.
    We will be playing another game. More details soon.

• 1a786ec5-23f0-4696-9b81-06ed8ed2f4a9-image.jpeg https://m.twitch.tv/videos/538067304

Game was cancelled Sat due to snow but did a small live stream test video training a new guy to game 1 turn on Europe side only.
    Above is the video

e33644c5-5e2b-465d-9663-76f3c18a971f-image.jpeg https://m.twitch.tv/videos/542108124

Different camera setup for Sat game

OK. “Operation Lifeboat” is back on for this Sat at 8:30 am Central time.
    We will be testing a stronger Lend Lease chart for Russia and have the pieces closer to Moscow
    to represent the time frame travel from Persia - Iran to Caucasus between Russia’s turns imagining by
    transport trucks, railroad and sea transports.

Most if not all AA games Moscow falls and I’m trying to have it where Russia can counter if Moscow doesn’t fall.
    If Germany doesn’t go Moscow then it needs to hold Stalingrad ( 2 points ) and Leningrad ( 2 points ) but with LL and right moves should be a good battle of Kursk. Germany has to hold those 2 cities with Paris and Oslo. But now Russia can hopefully take back Stalingrad or Leningrad based on if Germany has enough to hold both cities. Not easy in this game.

Granted if Germany goes all out with a bit of help from Italy they probably will get Moscow but in games the Allies have Paris liberated on T3 when Germany does that. But with allies building IC’s on Europe and hopefully with UK help from Africa ( due to Italy sending to much can openers ) can keep the LL open in Iran so Russia may have a chance to hold Stalingrad like real war and even see the allies land in Norway to take Oslo and cost axis another victory point.

Its like OK Moscow worth 3 points and Germany has but Paris worth 3 points allies take back that’s a push but now Germany has to defend on to many fronts. Norway, West Germany, Berlin and any kind of Russian push from Stalingrad.
    But remember You need to give Japan a chance to win game too instead of having Germany do all the work in theses games.
    Make them have to hold at least 2-3 Dutch Islands for the oil and win. For 1 victory bonus point for Japan they have to control Maylay ( Rubber ), Sumatra ( oil refinery no dam. ) and Borneo ( oil refinery no dam. ). For a second bonus point control all in last sentence plus 1 more Dutch Island. So your talking mostly Java or East Indies. Not an easy task if they lose Manilla victory point.
    Make Japan win the game at sea and not on land. Its OK to to get Calcutta worth 2 points or Sydney worth 3 ( or I’ve seen some games if they control all of China get 1 point. Thats OK because its resources ) but make them work for it and now you have more action in pacific and this doesn’t even include the 3 island Group NO’s. that are in the pacific that Japan and US with Anzac will be fighting over starting on T1.

Anyway I’ll confirm live streaming Sat morning.

• @SS-GEN
    nice overview

• Ok. Game will start live streaming today at 8 30 am central time USA
    Go to twitch tv. Type in ssgen69
    U can always watch recording after today also.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m